Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your recommendation, gift idea for 2 years old?  (Read 1657 times)

DxbPleo

• Hatchling
  • Male
Your recommendation, gift idea for 2 years old?
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:39:49 PM »

Hi,

I am new to Pleo. Recently I am searching for a birthday gift for my two years old son. I really wanted to get him an interactive robot. I quickly learned that most of the popular toy robots were retired, then I heard about Pleo which is still available in the market.
After a few readings here, I realized that Pleo is more likely to be a pet and it need caring and such which my two years old son may not provide.
I think he will like to play with it and will like to watch some funny tricks and have a good laugh. Do you guys think Pleo is a good companion for my two yeras old son?
Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Your recommendation, gift idea for 2 years old?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:56:42 PM »

I'm sure he'd love it.  But that age can also be pretty rough on a pleo.  The child would have to be supervised at all times.  One good drop or whack and you could be out your investment.  If you decide to go with it, I would go with a classic pleo, not an RB for that age.  Too much responsibility.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 11:02:15 PM »

Little Inu might be more suitable. Pleo's are not well suited to very young children.

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2419.0
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

DxbPleo

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 12:45:32 AM »

Thanks all. I checked little Inu and kind of like it. Does anyone know Inu will go around the house on its own?

I also like the Cruncher, though it is a bit wild and strong. I think it is just a toy and not sure if it is good for my boy. I don't want him to copy wildness from Cruncher.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 02:31:24 AM »

Little Inu does supposedly walk, but I don't think it'd walk far. It doesn't really have much in the way of legs :P You could also take a look at D-rex :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 08:19:30 AM »

How about starting off with something like a Fur real pet? Although not really an interactive robot ,they might suit a smaller person with a shorter  attention span? I've also seen an interactive seal which I believe was made in Japan which was very sweet,though it didn't travel. I'd be very tempted by Little Inu if my twins were still that age. Seems to have enough accessories to keep interest but sturdy enough to withstand lots of love, and visually appealing to that age bracket. Hope this was of help and welcome.  Lottibell.  :sheep1:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 08:55:42 AM »

Yes. I have to agree. Fur real is probably your best bet as they have fewer moving parts that could be damaged if roughly handled or dropped. Plus they're furry and soft and kid-friendly.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal