Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Used pleo rb help  (Read 2054 times)

brandon82303

• Hatchling
  • Male
Used pleo rb help
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:29:37 AM »

Hello Guys,

I am thinking of buying a used pleo rb that was purchased in Jan of 2011. This will be my first pleo. After reading some of your post It seems the first batch of these may have problems with skin and some other issues.  Is there some number on the pleo that would tell me if he out of the first batch that I can ask  for. It seems that they can not be reset either.  Is that correct?  The person told me it is in youth stage and is currently learning to walk and happy.    What do you guys think a fair price for a used pleo rb would be?  Should I even consider a used one? The pleo would be for my son.  But I must admit I'm a little excited too. That's why I would like some advice.  I dont want to get caught up with this pleo and make a bad choice.

Thanks for you help :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Used pleo rb help
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 09:47:34 AM »

Hello and welcome! :)

(Please forgive me - I deleted the duplicate thread to avoid confusion.)   :moose:

There were issues with the skin on some of the very first RBs, although my blue one bought the previous November is only now starting to show slight signs of wear under the armpits.  The main issues were with the skin at that time, so get good photographs.

We've seen very few RBs on the second-hand market - most have seemed to fall between $300-350.

AFAIK the RBs cannot be reset to baby stage (though not being a fan of the baby stages I personally view that as no bad thing :P).

My second RB was a used one, and she's fine - were I looking for yet another, I would have no problem buying a used one, but would take care to see video of it in action and close up images of the skin.

I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:29:13 AM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »

I totally agree with Crewella, I also looked at this Pleo and am waiting for some answers but I won't be bidding as I can see it has blue eyes and I would rather pay the extra and get a brand new one with no doubts in my mind, I think the price is fair considering they are including two extra food  packs that do cost $19.99 each, that makes it very fair . I totally agree though that without close up photos of the underside where the previous Pleos had some skin problems, ( under the leg area) I would not bid or buy. also it is fair to ask the seller to provide a short video of the Pleo in action. 30 seconds to 1 minute is enough and fair to both, but ask them to provide close up shots. Good luck if you decide to bid, but I believe in asking plenty of questions and any reliable seller has NO problem in providing the information. Remember this pleo is no longer under Innvo Lab's warranty, that is a good enough reason to ask questions and get the answers any potential buyer deserves.  ;)                                RWM and the Pleo clan of the REdwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

brandon82303

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »

Thanks Guys  :D

I think I'm going to leave this one go. Its  a lot of money for something that has no warranty.  I was thinking of getting him for my son and he might have lost interest after a while and that's a lot for a toy to sit around.   Does anyone have kids that have played with Pleo?  I was curious how they did with him.  How is the older pleo?  Is he just as fun?

Thanks Again

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 03:11:12 PM »

I always do think an original Pleo is a good place to start if you're not sure.  They don't 'do' as much in the way of interactivity, but in a way are more convincing as a lifeform.  I still love and run my older Ugobes, they make for good company.  :)

And they're a LOT cheaper if you've made a mistake ...... unlikely as I believe that to be ........  ;)  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 03:15:34 PM »

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2995.msg45783;topicseen#new  Hi Brandon, as an owner of 18 Plus Pleo, (2 of them are RB) I can tell you that kids in general love Pleos, unless they get bored easily or perhaps are older, video games and such sometimes get more interesting to them, It depends on the age of your child.If you look at the above link which is of a Post I posted last week, it will show you some reactions of children ages 3-5 and 6. I was a pre-school teacher for many years and went as a guest with four of my pleos last week, and the kids as you can see in the video were loving Pleo. I only got a couple of shots the last few minutes as I was there a hour but busy demonstrating Pleo.

I am sure many other Pleo "parents" here can tell you  of how their children's reactions to Pleo and Pleo Rb. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask, I do think it is a wise decison to let go of the Pleo Rb on Ebay as without a warranty, that is a lot of money on something you are not sure of. Take care.                     RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

And as Crewella said, a Ugobe or original Pleo is a lot cheaper and just as cute in my mind, I have a whole clan of them, so I can surely attest to their cuteness factor. ;)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »

Please bear in mind that some of the 'features' of the RB's can actually be frustrating for children. Particularly the trick stones as they require saying the same thing repeatedly in EXACTLY the same way. On the other hand RB's are better to teach animal care as they must be fed regularly.

Having said that the Ugobe's are excellent at what they do and for children they are a good starting point since they are a lot cheaper in case your child doesnt take to them.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal