Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh, English teacher! Why dost thou vex me so?  (Read 1725 times)

allosaurus

Oh, English teacher! Why dost thou vex me so?
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:47:38 AM »

Well, a while ago, I did this massive project for English.  It took two or three days to complete, as it took lots of research, putting together, and designing the project.  When I submitted it, I got a partial grade for some supposed capitalization errors..... and was accused of copying and pasting some of my information.  I would never--!
Either way, my mother and I looked all through the project several times-- all of it, and there were definitely more than 10 pages; I think it might've been 23.  Neither of us saw any error.  By now, we had the impression that she was just messing with us.   And the email exchange that followed nearly proved it.

(Read the email sent at the bottom first-- that was mine.)

Not only the glaring errors in her email (she, of all people, should be concerned with her spelling/grammar!), but also the fact that she made it a little obvious that there were no errors in my work(as part of the purpose of this class is to have your mistakes pointed out by others so you learn to notice them)!  She also didn't answer my second question, but I can let that slide. :P
Anyway, it so ends that I re-submitted with changed information (I still didn't copy and paste it, which was somewhat obvious, but either way, I changed it further from the source I got some of my information from), and then I got told that I had capitalization errors again.  You know... nonexistent capitalization errors. :P  Ah well.

Well, today (different day, different assignments), I opened up my profile to look at my work and grades, and click for detailed comments on my assignments.  I find:

Oh, oh dear.  

Why exactly is this woman my English teacher? :P
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:20:44 PM by allosaurus »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Oh, English teacher! Why dost thou vex me so?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:14:34 AM »

Lol!   :D  I think maybe she needs to edit her comments more carefully  :D :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:41:18 AM »

Oh good grief!   >:(

FWIW  always hated that 'in your own words' thing - sometimes the presumption seems to be that the student couldn't possibly string together a decent sentence without copying it! ;) :P

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »

>:(

She doesn't want you to edit more carefully or tell you what you really did wrong... how are you suppost to learn then??

I had an English teacher like this before. We had to read this play and then for the exam we had to write four pages about why we liked the play. I did not like the play and wrote a four page argument about why I didn't like it and suggested other works that  we could have studied instead and that I thought presented the same themes in a more realistic manner.

She failed me because the question was why did I like the play when I wrote why I did not like the play. So we were not allowed to form our own opinions, we had to like it because she did. I thought that was very wrong.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Wicked_Lovely

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »

Omigosh, what a nightmarish english class :o... well congrats on getting a perfect grade on one of the assignments, the english teachers I've always had have always told me that it's impossible to get a perfect score in an english class. Well you sure proved them wrong!
It's frightening though >:( is that what a university english class is like...?! *shivers in anticipation of next year's english teachers*

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »

Oy Vey! Such a teacher! :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal