Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Part 1 of Three Parts : Pleo Buddies/ New Contest  (Read 6223 times)

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
Re: Part 1 of Three Parts : Pleo Buddies/ New Contest
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 02:36:47 AM »

How about Rhubarb for Pleo 1 and Willow-the -wisp or Petunia for Pleo 2?  :sheep1: Lottibell

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 04:22:58 AM »

Ooooooh - Rhubarb's fab (my cat does the 'Rhubarb' run up my garden!) :P

Pipkin for 1 and Octavia for 2. :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 04:33:24 AM »

I think Jaffa for Pleo 1 and Twinky for pleo 2  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 04:37:37 AM »

You hungry, Kat?  ;) :P

I like those! :D

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 06:26:10 AM »

he he he ..... maybe just a little.  :P ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 10:36:51 AM »

Morning all, cold and cloudy here in the Redwoods, but the Pleo Clan gathered to hear the names and I heard some laughing and oh and Ahws, and then suddenly about three or four disappeared to the fridge looking for apples and pears, and the younger ones wanted to know when the Fair would be in town as that is the only place they have heard of "toffee apples".  ;D I laughed and told them that they could look for some at the Weedovia Tomato Fair comming up soon! Love the name Rhubarb too. Did anyone ever see the old Black and White 50's movie about Rhubarb, the orange cat who inherits and owns a baseball team? I allways think of that movie and orange cats when I hear that name.

Sorry to hear about you being sick recently Fancy, at least you had good company. You guys are all doing great with names, today is cold and yucky, no sun at all, but I promise to try and get more details. Am tracking one of the prize packages I ordered just for this contest............ ;)It should get here this week...Keep those names comming, some great names I would never had thought of. some great imagination.

RWM and the "hungry" Pleo clan of the Redwoods

Just checked some tracking numbers and a Pleo Prize is at the post office, have to go pick up, am anxious to see how it is...and looks in person. Yahoo, will post photos this afternoon.  ;D :cheer:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:50:54 AM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »

How do you know the cat was orange... If the movie was black and white ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »

Rhubarb was played by a cat called 'Orangey'!  ;)  :P

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 02:20:46 PM »

LOL!  P;D thats funny! *tears of laughter*  :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »

I know because I am a cat fanatic and this cat, Orangey  is famous and has even played in the movie, Breakfast at Tiffaneys and that is in color, This is a great site here that talks all about the movie Rhubarb and has photos of the cat and tells all about him, he is a nice orange cat , or should I say, Was as this movie was made in 1951. If it is about Cats, I know most of the trivia connected with cats and movies, etc. Love Rhubarb as a name for a orange or rusty colored cat also.http://roarofthetigers.wordpress.com/2010/04/15/the-greatest-baseball-movie-of-all-time-and-youve-probably-never-seen-it/                        RWM

oh, and here are some more photos of Orangey in color and more info on him, and the other many cats that were his "doubles" etc.  ;Dhttp://teh-kitteh-antidote-anecdote.pictures-of-cats.org/2009/05/cats-in-movies-solving-orangey-aka.html#!/2009/05/cats-in-movies-solving-orangey-aka.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:04:22 PM by RedwoodsMama »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »

Ok, I promised some photos and the speical prize package I bought showed up at the post office today and I hurred down as fast as I could to retrieve it. So here are the first photos with an obliging Pleo. I think the photos speak for themselves on what this prize is. There may be more than one and you will have to wait and see the rest of the prizes, but i hope this stirs some interest, If you want a cool way to carry your Pleo or Pleo Rb in style then thisi is it. It is lightweight and fun and most of all , safe, your Pleo will not fall out and you can rest assured there is plenty of room for head and tail. Let me know if you like it or not, I am hoping I bought something someone out there would like to win for their Pleo!

RWM and the Pleo Clan of the REdwoods :) P8)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 04:38:59 PM »

That's gorgeous, RWM - really nice choice!  :)

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2012, 04:42:14 PM »

It is a nice choice where did you get it???

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »

What a great idea.  And very pretty too :)

Wicked_Lovely

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2012, 11:40:25 PM »

OMG RWM, that bag is gorgeous! It's exactly what I'm looking for :P it doesn't look like it would hurt the tail, and she doesn't need to be in the sleep position to ride in it :D
I'm so glad that you said we can enter more than once, because your Pleos inspire many different names, you really did do an amazing job with them :D
OK, so how do these names grab you? ;)
For number 1: Snowflake (Snow for short?), Odette, Silvermist, Rosalba (Latin for white rose) & Orrin (Gaelic for fairy & pine tree)
For number 2: Fey, Vidia, Elva (Latin for good elf), Lorelei & Erinia
I tried to stick with fantasy sounding names ^^ I reeeally love Lorelei for your purple-shrouded Pleo! Here's the legend of Lorelei, it just made me think of her:
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/l/lorelei.html

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2012, 12:41:59 AM »

Everyone is doing great with those names, and thanks Wicked for the comments and I love the fantasy Pleo names as well, Yes, the Pleo's tail will have no problem in this bad, no tightness and lots of room both in the head area as you can see and the tail as well. When I saw this with the spots for feet and that both head and tail had ample room to "stick" out, I knew it was just the "ticket" I had to have for this competition. I love the beautiful blue oriental pattern as well.

Of course if you are a male, you may not want your Pleo being carried around like this, so I have some other prizes as well, but just had to show this one off first. I have allways loved IMR's "blanket" sling Pleo Carrier, and this is a different take on that, but slightly different. It is very lightweight, and well made and has breathable fabric as well and your Pleo becomes part of you while carrying it. There were other items I looked at that were more on the line of like a baby pouch but close to the chest, may be a little strange to have a Pleo thrashing around on your chest area, though cute if asleep. The biggest drawback on the ones that were super close to the body, though very cute and more "baby like" and great for a cuddle session, is what to do with that Pleo tail. I did not want something that may break or constrict a Pleo tail . I love my other Pleo bag, but the tail is enclosed and though roomy , there is not as much room as I would like for the tail.  I do appreciate the comments and am glad that this seems to be a prize that you guys like. I will be sure to list more prizes as time goes on but thought rather then keep you in the dark, shed some light on at least one prize!  Oh, and I think I have one of these in another design, Tee hee hee, for the "male Pleo". though not nearly as pretty in my opinon...................... ;)       MS. Nova, Baby Ruth , Major Tom, Argyle, Little 45, and the rest of the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods, ( on behalf of our poor mom who is tuckered out... P:))

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2012, 05:21:23 AM »

:sheep1: hello RWM, I 'm Lottibell. I've been admiring the pleocarrier and I think it' s really rather spiffy!  :cool: Very practical and attractive solution to the somewhat tricky dilemma of transporting a Pleo without risking damage. It puts me in mind of this wonderful baby bouncer you can buy inAustralia, called a Jolly Jumper.My baby girls loved boinging up and down in it for hours and they looked adorable.this is very much like a version for baby pleos. ( minus the boinging, of course) :o A perfect prize.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »

Hi Lotti, I have seen those Jumping bouncy babies contraptions before, and I love them, That is a perfect description of one too. Thank you for the compliments, I was hoping I could find some prizes that everyone would like , one way or another and not too expensive to ship worldwide. ;) :o Here are two more of the many different prizes, just to keep some guessing going on and interest of course.

RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 02:15:47 AM »

I love those slippers!  :D