Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: my rb's neck broke  (Read 5983 times)

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
my rb's neck broke
« on: January 04, 2012, 11:18:20 AM »

OMG i just think my rb's neck broke  :o :'( i was playing with her and her neck has been making funny sounds and today its all floppy and moves around alot when shes off and i just tilt her i can move her neck all around unlike my ugobe :'( im in tears :'( i don't know what to do

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: my rb's neck broke
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »

How long have you had her, is she under the 90 day warranty. I have never heard of a Broken neck RB yet, but I have had both my RB have jammed necks. I am so sorry, can you  post a video, does she cry.. I am so so sorry Bonus, I know how bad you must feel, It sounds like something serious but a video would help. Can she lift her head at all when on.? I am here to answer questions and others will too. Please please a short video will tell the answer.

:(                               keeping fingers crossed for you.                  RWm
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »

Please please post a video if possible and at least photos of her in off and on positon with her neck in any unusual postion. Innvo labs needs to know this even if she is not under warranty as this is not usual and I have never heard of a RB neck breaking, it is supposed to be a lot stronger than that. When did this first happen? Was her neck jammng when making those funny "noises" first, Then did you turn her off right away and pull the battery out? I will see if I can find a video of one of my Rb with the neck jamming and you can tell me if this is what she was doing. ok.            Sorry Bonus, so sorry to hear this, it is not normal .  :(

RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »

bonus, look at this, does this look familiar. Mly first RB neck was jammed, several times and I thought it was broken, I also did not know till IMR pointed out, that if this happens, turn them off right away, and if they can't turn off , yank the battery.                              <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMZMDWoLlA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMZMDWoLlA</a>                     The quicker you do it the better . I have had this happen to all my RB including my brand new one, it is scary, but the important thing is turn off when you hear that clicking right away and yank the battery out if it won't turn off the "normal " way. It also happens to legs. I hope this video will help, It occurs around 1.11, and starts with clicking and then just is stuck in this postion. It has happend with the head down and also with the neck up in the air with the head going back. Hope this helps tell you if this is what happened to your Rb.

RWM             

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 11:59:31 AM »

Wow, Bonus! I'm so sorry! If she is within warranty, Innvo will most likely take her back. If not, I'm sure someone on here can show you how to make a neck brace. Redwoods is right. I've never seen an RB with a broken neck. Innvo does need to know so try to post a video.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 12:02:34 PM »

the neck never jammed liked that before it just makes funny sounds when it moves never clicking... she has troubles moving it on her own it just flops there i'm uploading a video now. like i said it was making weird sounds and today i was playing with her and i heard a loud snap and now the neck is floppy i turned her off right away i now when i move her the neck just flops about unlike my ugobe. im really sad :'(  

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 12:06:56 PM »

I am so so sorry Bonus, I am glad you are posting a video, If you did indeed hear a loud snap.. it could be a break. It is too bad there was not a video when you heard that snap. that would be great evidence.I think from what I saw on when you got her, she just expired the 90 day warranty, but since it is so so close to the expiration date, I would tell the story of the snap and post the video sending it to Innvo There is a chance, I think a good one perhaps that they will replace her, This is not supposed to happen, esp since she is not old at all. I will wait for the video.                            Keeping fingers crossed still.
                                              RWM

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »

here's the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40UPqtNLQCc&feature=youtu.be

the neck is really floppy it was never like this before...

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 12:22:57 PM »

Bonus, it does LOOK like it may be broken, but the real test is can you post a video of about twenty seconds just long enough for Pleo Rb to be ON and to see what it can do with it's neck, can she lift it or does it just hang. That is the final test that Innvo will also want to see. Let me know. It does not have to be long.               RWM

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 12:24:25 PM »

ok i will post another video...

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »

the head seems to be stuck to one side when i move him around the head just wobbles Rose started to heat up really fast on top of her shoulders also i had to turn her off shes really hot... the head seemes more floppy for some reason?

heres the new video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuSNLX18A-c&feature=youtu.be

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »

Oh dear - that does look and sound horribly like a broken cable.  :(

It would help to see her working to try and discover which cable might have snapped - this link shows how the tail works, but the neck cables work in much the same way, and it might help you visualise what is happening in there:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/pleo6.htm

ADDED:  I see you've posted more - I'll have a look.

........ sadly, it looks like a side cable has snapped, and it's possible the loose wire has stuck or jammed somewhere, which is why the neck is also getting warm.

I'm really sorry Bonus - first thing is to see what Innvo say, but there is life after a broken cable as many here will attest!  :arms:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:45:16 PM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »

I was surprised she could lift her head, She may not have a broken neck, or perhaps a cable, but if it was major I don't think she could lift it at all, The fact that it is hot tells there is something wrong. I have the same problem with a leg of Baby Ruth that will not bend and gets hot, but not floppy. I think Innvo needs to see this one in particular with the other one of her floppy head. They may want you to send her back or will want more info. It may be a jammed cable or something similiar since she gets hot so fast, Do not turn her back on unless they tell you too. I really am not sure what it is, but it is not normal in any regard. What do the other members like Crewella, IMR, Kat and what does degers think.                  Try asking degers, I know he was on and he may know more about what to do I think.  Dont give up yet, but do contact Innvo and give them this video and her symptoms as well. They should respond within 24 hrs.
                                              RWM

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »

I have to agree with Crewella.  It looks to me like the sideways cable in her neck has snapped.  And like Crewella says if she is getting hot in that area then it sounds like maybe some of the broken cable is stuck in the joint.  You really need to contact Innvo at this point and send them the links to both your videos and see what they say.  After you have spoken with them, if they aren't able to help you out then we can look at other options.  Surgery or a brace maybe.  :hhug: :hhug:

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 08:07:04 AM »

Innvo got back to my message at about 1am they said to send just the pleo RB and keep the accessories in hand for a free repair. but i do know some companies "repair" is to just send a new one like i experienced before... has anyone sent there RB in before? did you get a whole new pleo? i really hope i get rose back but i have a feeling that i will receive a different pleo :(

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 09:28:44 AM »

You're probably right. IMR or Kat could comment on this since they've had to go through it. I'm just so relieved Innvo decided to help you!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »

it's really great Innvo did help even out of my warranty the only problem is how much will shipping to Hong Kong cost from here  :-\ it already costs $90 to send my AIBO's to Wolfbob's in the States :o 

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »

I am guessing that you will receive a new Pleo RB. I don't believe that anyone has had their RB repaired. I do believe that Kat had hers reskinned. If they are indeed going to repair it, that would be great. I wonder if Innvo would answer whether they are repairing or replacing. I am glad they are going to take care of it for you. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 11:40:19 AM »

I'm really pleased they've responded.  If you're worried about what will happen, you've every right to ask them - what harm can it do? :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 11:43:42 AM »

They will ask you to send it to CA here in the states, that is where all returns are sent not China, but the factory is in China, so it will not cost $99.00. What they did for me was to send a UPS postage paid label that printed out on my  computer ask them and I am sure they will do it. They may repair her trying to figure out whey she broke, but if she is replaced, that is better I thiink than a broken Pleo you will always be upset about and one that will only get worse I had to send my original Baby back because of holes and neck problems also. Glad they are taking care of it, I applaud them for doing that. :)

RWM

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 12:29:04 PM »

thats strange they told me to ship it to an address in hong kong...  heres the message im kinda confused...

Thank you for your email.

We will provide free repair service. If you do not mind, can you pack your PLEO rb unit alone in a small carton (you can keep all accessories in your hand for repaired PLEO rb) and mail it to our attention with standard air-mail service at local Postal? Upon receipt, we shall fix it and return to you.

Our address as follows:

Innvo Labs limited
Jetta House,
19 On Kui Street.,
On Lok Tsuen,
Fanling, N.T.
Kowloon
Hong Kong
tel#2680 0268
Attention : Mr. Ben Fok

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »

That does sound as if the tech people will be repairing her and sending her back to you.  As far as I know, it's the replacements that have been done through the US.

That's my reading of it, anyway. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »

Crewella is right, it does sound like they are going to try and repair her, I am happy for you and her!

RWM

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »

the only problem is the cost of sending to Hong Kong... i think it would be waaay cheaper to send to the states and replace her also i don't know how good they repair there and if she'll get it again or they hurt her skin her skin is really peeling on the side of her neck now... i think I'm over worrying but by the time i get the money her warranty will be up :(

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 04:46:26 PM »

I sent Norbit my green rb back to be repaired when he had big holes in his skin.  He is one of the first batch of green pleo rb's and they did have some skin issues.  I have also got a Pink pleo rb Kermy who was also a first batch rb and had many issues, she was returned and replaced and then returned and replaced again -  the first time due to mechanical issues and the second time due to skin issues.  As I had already had two returns on my other pleo I really didn't want them to replace Norbit so they suggested that they reskin him as his only issue was his holes in his skin.  All of my returns and replacements have been done via Hong Kong.  You will be happy to hear that they really did reskin him and send him back to me.  I know I got the very same pleo back as he has a distinctive scratch on his eye and he still had the same scratch when he was returned.  He was also at the same level of development and still responded to his name and commands.  So if they have said they will repair your pleo than you will get the same pleo back. :) 
As for the cost of postage, put you pleo into the box you are going to send her back in see how much it weighs then call or go into your local post office and ask how much it will be.  They will probably need to know the weight and all the dimensions of the box to tell you how much it will cost to post.  From Australia it cost me about $50 to send a pleo back to Hong Kong.  They paid the postage from their end to send the pleo back to me.  I do think that in the warranty for pleo rb it says you will have to cover the cost of postage to send your pleo back for return or repair - might be worth having a read of your warranty info, it has been about a year since I last read mine.  If you are having issues finding the money to send her off then let them know and see what they say.  Also take heart that this is being covered by the warranty.  Even if the issue has not been fixed or she hasn't even been sent back to them by the time your warranty expires they will still fix this for you under warranty.  As long as your issue is reported to them in your warranty period then you are covered for it. :)  Hope that helps in some way.  Also Ben Fok is the same guy I dealt with for all my pleo issues and he was very nice and very understanding. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal