Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leg Problem  (Read 2603 times)

marblezee

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
Leg Problem
« on: December 27, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »

Hello!

My Ugobe pleo is having a weird leg problem. When he lifts his front left leg too high, it may become stuck and I have to move it back down with my hand, which causes a horrible clacking noise. It also gets stuck backwards sometimes, too. When I turn him off and than back on, his leg goes back into its normal position. Is this something to be concerned about, or is this normal? My pleo has only been used for a few days, and this has only happened just a few times. His leg works fine otherwise. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:24:12 AM by marblezee »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Leg Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 05:11:46 PM »

It may or may not be a problem, most Pleo's 'grow' out of it but a few get worse :( Keep an eye on it and use your Pleo as much as possible so if it is going to be a problem you will find out during the warranty period.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

marblezee

• Female
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 05:17:12 PM »

Thanks! I'll be sure to keep an eye on his leg. Unfortunately, the seller said it came with no warranty; I bought it on ebay. If something goes wrong, there is a small chance that I might just sell it and buy a replacement. But lets hope for the best!  :D

Update: If I try to get him to do the ta-daa trick with his left leg, he simply pulls it back into a weird position and than pulls it forward. He completely ignores my touch on that leg and won't lift it. It is still able to move... it just won't react to my touch. Not good. I think the wire connected to the sensor is damaged.

I'm still undecided, but I am toying with the idea of surgery. Is there a way to get inside his leg without damaging or cutting his skin? Could I just roll up his skin from the bottom of his feet? Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:59:13 PM by marblezee »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 07:46:10 PM »

I'm guessing that, like my two Ugobe's, your Pleo suffers from a detached sensor wire that has caused the sensor to stop responding. You have two choices, pull up the leg skin and solder the wire back in place, or get your Pleo to do the ta-daa trick with the opposite two legs (either way works).
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 08:21:01 PM »

Oh heck - I've made everybody paranoid now!!  :-[   Here is fine - or Pleo Problems.  ;)

It sounds as though IMR is right, though a detached sensor wire is not a major problem and, as she says, you could easily learn to live with it. :)

Just for info, occasionally Pleos do get stuck and just need to be switched off and on.  The scary clicking noise is the gears protecting the motors in the joint, so don't worry, although you don't want to keep doing it over and over so you wear them out.

marblezee

• Female
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 06:23:37 AM »

Thanks for the info! I'm still just thinking about surgery, but at least I know how to get in his leg, if needed.

I guess you're right, I could easily live with a broken sensor in one leg. At least I know what the clicking sound was!

This forum is very helpful  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal