Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you heal a Pleo?  (Read 1800 times)

AshWolFF

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
Can you heal a Pleo?
« on: December 25, 2011, 10:34:48 PM »

Pleo's are so expensive! I was wondering if anyone bought a scrapped Pleo and rewired it?
I would really like another one but how much would it cost to fix one? I've seen non working Pleo's online for fifty bucks or less.
With financial problems its going to make it hard to get another Pleo.
Of course I'm not thinking of buying now because it'll be more of a future project but has anyone bought the abused? :'(

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
Re: Can you heal a Pleo?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 11:17:55 PM »

I know RedwoodsMama has lots of disabled Pelos, you could ask her:)

It depends what is wrong with the Pleo as to how much and if it could be fixed. You could get one with a broken neck because that seems to be easy fixable, there are videos on how to do it or you can just put a bandage on to help it hold it's head up. But if there is something wrong with the rest of it's body I don't know, you would have to open it up and experiment.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 11:53:08 PM »

I buy a fair few of the 'bricked' and 'spares or repairs' Pleos.  Some are easy to fix, some not, but as I wanted to learn about them I was happy either way.  This pic says it all, really! :P

AshWolFF

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 12:34:27 AM »

O_O

Well that's a lot of Pleo's.

If I could get another I surely would but now I'm thinking of buying a bricked one or a extremely used and abused one.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 12:52:42 AM »

As a few members said, there are lots of Pleos out there that are either bricked, people think they do not work, or they have broken necks and such. I have three pleos with either broken necks or one in perfect shape but he has a broken side neck cable, so he can only hold his head to one side, goes up and down, but does not turn the opposite way, There is also a favortie, a Pleo who is blind and also he can not open his mouth. My husband made special glasses for him and he can sing and talk, but his eyes are permanently closed and he is like a ventirliquist. I have paid as little as $45.00  :Dfor a pleo with a broken neck to as little as $56.00 for one in perfect working order with no broken neck because they did not think it worked . It is all in knowing what to look for, when to bid, a bit of luck, and not minding a broken little Pleo with lots of love. I have nineteen because I love them all, I also have adopted out Pleos to others who love them like I do.
                 IMR put together an excellent fixing a broken neck Pleo video fairly recently, and also Crewellas is helping me with a Pleo I got for $25.00 because he has a broken neck. and the "idiots" tore his skin apart cutting and gutting him to try and "fix him", sorry, but I thought it was a stupid thing to do to a pleo. I get personal.. %)

here is a fairly recent photo of most but not all of my Pleos. some are in boxes as they are New an not used.        Don't give up. they are out there.               

RedwoodsMama and her pleo clan of the Redwoods,                 cold tonight        Merry Christmas.    :xmas-tree: :moose: :brrr:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

AshWolFF

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 01:21:08 AM »

All of your Pleo's are very lovely (and elegantly dressed)  ;D

I was at a Flea Market at some otherwordly electronics trashy garage sale thingy in Osaka  ^-^ and I saw a line of classic Pleo's
the family selling them wouldn't let me turn them on, they didn't come with batteries, and they were kind of battered.
It was really terrible what the family did to the slew of them they looked really messy, actually kinda like they made their animal chew on them.  :'(
They are selling them for 35 dollars a piece. I might go back today and buy one just to see if it works.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 01:41:01 AM »

If you go into it with a spirit of adventure - if it works or you can fix it, great and if not at least you'll have learned a lot more about Pleos! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal