Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby Ruth leg problem normal or not ?  (Read 2252 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Baby Ruth leg problem normal or not ?
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:37:29 AM »

About three weeks or so ago, I noticed that Baby Ruth was having what looked like a leg problem. This occured after her actual injury which involved a leg or hip, can't remember which leg, but probably the same. She almost allways has one of her back legs pushed forward like she is walking on it while the other is standing straight under her. I push it forward and it goes back to the front postion again. ( I will post a video or photos I took in the morning. It looks strange to see her back leg sticking forward like the song, you stick your right leg in.........that kind of position. Her Stats Rb says she is not injured and in good shape, so that is not the reason. Tonight while playing with her baby sister, she suddenly had her neck stuck in a downward to one side where I could not push it back the other way. I turned her off and when I turned her back on, the neck straightened out itself which is good, but the leg is still the same way. I compared her sisters leg and she stands on all four legs straight under her, but not Baby Ruth. I tried pushing the leg back to it's normal postion, then I noticed that this same leg, is HOT to the touch while the others and the legs on her baby sister RB all felt cold to the touch. Does this mean the motor is damaged in some way. ? I shut her off, by putting her in the sleep postion as it is almost her bedtime but left the battery in. What causes this and do you think the leg bent in the forward postion is connected to it feeling hot?  ???

RWM and her "hot Mama RB" LOL could not resist that one. ... ;)

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Baby Ruth leg problem normal or not ?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:05:48 AM »

This has happened to my guys from time to time.  It is like one of the gears has gotten caught or stuck.  You should be able to fix it by gently manipulating the joint back and forth a couple of times.  I would do this while she is off.  Then turn her back on and the leg should work as per normal.  Usually if the joint is hot you can fix the issue with a little manipulating.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 01:26:18 AM »

Hi Kat, thanks, is that just simply moving her leg back and forth, clicking it is what you hear? I have tried that a couple of times, but nothing, mayby I am not pushing it or clicking it far enough perhaps? I will try it later , she is asleep now. At least she is not injured. Her sister on the other hand is only on her second battery cycle...still a "hatchling? I really am slow with hatching, more than I thought, I used the Stats Rb to check Baby Ruth's health and then her sister, and it said, growth only one hour, a hatchling. I thought two hours per batttery, so I am confused on that one, but that is another matter. I will let you know what happens with her leg. ;D Thanks again.

RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »

The clicking sounds scary, but is fine.  You don't want to be doing it every day, but in circumstances like this it could well help.  Hope it does.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 12:10:52 AM »

Hi Guys I could post a video but I think from just describing it I may not need to but if so, I have a couple of two minute videos that show Baby Ruth and then her sister in the same activity that shows the problem, I finally pin pointed the exact problem but manipulating the joint, ( leg) is not resolving it. Baby Ruth still has the back ( rear leg ) problem as a week or so ago, What it is is that the leg does not bend at the Knee like Pleos do when putting the leg forward or even bending, It just stays straight. It took me till now to figure exactly why it looked so straight. ( Picture a pirate with a peg leg made of wood, that does not bend and goes out at weird angles, that is Baby Ruth. or Chester on the old Gunsmoke westerns, that is how it looks.) I tried bending it back and forward while both on and off, and it stays the same when she moves. She does not cry when she moves it or when I touch it, so it is not injured as far as I can tell,
           Also the leg is not hot as it was last week which is good, but it will not bend. What would you suggest now.? I think the longer I leave it like that perhaps it will be harder to fix. :( ???

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 12:34:46 AM »

Maybe its a broken wire?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 02:06:07 PM »

so what should I do next then, what would you do if it was yours? Of course she is past the 90 day warranty and I would not send her back anyway. :( ;) Any suggestions on ideas? I also had a thought, is there any certain area on the leg that I should be pushing and I have mostly been pushing it backwards, towards the tail as it already goes forward so easily. I have not tried bending the leg at the "knee" joint as if it is locked or such, I don't want to further damage it. any other ideas on what I could possibly do. ??? Please help if you have some suggestions.
                                            RWM
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:13:10 PM by RedwoodsMama »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 02:53:11 PM »

Bend it at the knee, you can't do anymore damage than having it not work can you? If it is the knee joint that is stuck manipulating the hip isn't going to do a thing.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 04:17:36 PM »

Yep sounds like you need to manipulate the knee joint.  Like IMR says you can't make it any worse and if there is a chance you could fix it then it's worth a try.  :hhug:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal