Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ucube egg batteries?  (Read 15888 times)

Sir Iron Soul

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
Ucube egg batteries?
« on: December 05, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »

Hi, I am just wondering what the difference there is between a normal battery and a egg battery, charging time etc. Also would it be worth me buying one from novas nessecities even though mine comes with a spare battery ;D

Sir Iron Soul

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Ucube egg batteries?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 10:19:15 AM »

Hi there, I can only answer the differences between the batteries as the rest is up to you. The Egg batteries are quicker and give you more time and are lighter in feel, Here are the stats. The green batteries run for an average of one hour, sometimes slightly more. ( Kat has one of the dinos you have so she can tell you the running time of the batteries and is a good person to give you feedback. I do know she runs egg batteries on her Pleos, only because she gets more "play time") the green batteries have to be charged for 4 hrs.  Now for the Ucube Egg stats.
      The charger shaped like an egg, takes the battery as well it has an extra port for charging things like IPODS etc, though to be honest, I have never used that extra port. The batteries are white instead of green and wiegh less so Pleo moves faster, no running or anything but everyone admits he seems to feel energized. The battery charging time is only 3 hrs as opposed to 4. The biggest differece is that you get 2 -2 1/2 hrs of playing time depending on conditions. I have never known someone to not like the egg battery. I run all my guys on them except the RB, but the RB batteries are pretty much the same thing as the Egg but for RB only.
                It is great that you are getting two batteries, that I think is a good deal, Two of your green batteries are = to one of the Egg batteries. What I would do is run the green batteries and test them yourself, then if in the furture you can save up for a egg battery, you will have excellent backup, while your greens are recharging, you will have time to still play and interact with your new friend. ;) Also with any battery I sell here on the forums, I allways include a free Pleo item that everyone seems to like. I do hope you get your new freind this week and can start sharing in the Pleo love we all have. ;D

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:57 AM »

The original green Ugobe Pleo batteries aren't all that great - they don't last long and many people have had problems with them.  The egg charger batteries last about twice as long, and are a lot better.  They are no good for the new Pleo RB, though.

Sir Iron Soul

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 01:24:48 PM »

Thanks for all the stats and advice ;D I think I'll wait to see if I use my pleo enough to buy a new battery. What free pleo items are you talking about, RWM?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »

I have Minyon my Ugobe pleo that I bought from ebay new for $199 with free shipping and two batteries :)  I am very happy with him.  He came in mint condition and both his batteries worked fine.  They still do :)  I do tend to use my egg batteries for him though.  I have 5 pleos and many batteries and for my Ugobe ones I prefer to use the egg batteries as they run for longer.  I usually get about 2 hours play time.  I do still use my green batteries though as back ups and spares for when my egg ones are charging.  I would happily recommend the egg batteries as they are great.  You should find that with the two batteries that come with your pleo you will be all set to get started with him or her.  But if the time comes when you are considering buying another battery then go for the egg battery, you wont regret it. ;D

ninjaduck757

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »

is there a risk that the ucube batteries can damage your pleo?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 02:17:01 PM »

Hi, do you think I would own 19 Pleos and put them in my Pleos if there were ANY Risk at all! :o I think you can see also Kat and others above whom also use them. If there were any risk, why would I sell them, and I would be out of business on ebay as a seller, I have sold hundreds of these worldwide. there would be all kinds of lawsuits against me or the maker of the Ucbue Battery egg charger who is in Taiwan, so that should answer your question. ;)

RedwoodsMama and her very happy Pleo Township Clan in the Redwoods

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 03:50:45 PM »

I'm not aware of anybody having problems with using the Ucube batteries.  :)

Personally, my crew would be lost without them!  :D

ninjaduck757

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 12:43:35 AM »

i read somewhere that because they are not made by ugobe that they may be dangerous

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 02:18:14 AM »

I'm guessing that would be on the PleoWorld website ...... but you wouldn't expect Innvo to be keen on them as they didn't make them.  As the Ugobe (and most Innvo 2009 models) will be out of warranty there should be no complications from using a non-Innvo battery.  Innvo themselves have used a very similar battery for the Pleo RB, and it is a big improvement on the run time. :)

However, the Ucube egg batteries are li-poly (as are many laptop batteries) and need slightly more sensitive handling than the old NiMH green Ugobe batteries - don't leave them on charge overnight, and don't ever try to charge them in an old Ugobe green charger.

ninjaduck757

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 08:52:31 AM »

well if everyone says there safe then they probaly are

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
  • Pleo(s): Drem, Marsha
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 10:33:34 AM »

They've worked well for my two.  I still use the green ones as well but notice the difference - Marsha runs out of steam towards the end of a green battery and moves her legs but doesn't manage to go anywhere!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 11:07:17 AM »

Hi, the ones you are talking about are not the EGG batteries, but a new one that a seller on ebay sells that looks like the egg battery, is green but fits into both the Ugobe Pleos and the Pleo Rb and sells for $90.00 and ships from Taiwan. Innvo is saying not to use it as it will void the warranty on the Pleo RB as they have not" house tested it for safety reasons". Kat here on the forum is the only person I know of how has one and it works on both her Ugobes and her Rb. I recently got one myself and am testing it. The claim is that they work not only on both type of Pleos, but go for 2-4 hrs, and Kat's testing showed it worked NO longer than the egg battery. This is the battery that Innvo Labs is talking about, not the Egg Ucube Batteries. I will post a photo later to provide lack of confusion.  ;)

RWM

ninjaduck757

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 11:50:35 AM »

oh i understand 

Sir Iron Soul

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 04:12:29 PM »

It never even crossed my mind that they might damage Pleos, hehehe. Lucky you pointed that out RWM ;D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 04:23:36 PM »

Unfortunately, Innvo in their wisdom used the words 'egg shaped' in their warning on Pleoworld.  %)

I do agree with you, though, RWM - I believe they were meaning the new green ones in the old Ugobe casings that can also be used in the RB.  :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »

I know they do because the egg batteries are no threat to Pleo Rb if you think about it: the egg batteries I sell, by Ucube, CAN NOT FIT or WORK in the RB, and they primarily sell no other Pleos anymore. Derek Dotson talked to me on two different occasions by phone, and he KNOWS I sell the Egg batteries, he is not concerned, because pretty much in his words" that doesn't affect us", ( Innovo Labs). Easy enough to  understand I think. I will post the picture for all to understand. Beleive me with as many Pleos I have and Crewella, Kat, IMR, almost everyone I know just here on the forums is using the Egg batteries and I would not sell a defective product to anyone and would not use something myself that could potentially harm a Pleo. NEVER!   I will say however, that I am testing out the new batteries and only on my Ugobes to see what they really can do. :D

RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 11:29:31 AM »

Ok, these pictures pretty much speak for themselves, these are the new china batteries for Pleos, older Ugobes and the new Pleo Rb. though Innvo Labs states that they have not hOuse tested for safety reasons these batteries and if you use them on the PLEO RB...they will void the warranty, so I would use them on Ugobes or older Pleo RB at your risk, Kat can tell you more if she is using them on her Ugobes only or also her RB/              These are not REPEAT MY EGG batteries....Proof of the Pleo PUdding!

RWM ;D

Sir Iron Soul

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »

Thanks fir the photos RWM ;D let me know how the test g :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »

Sir Iron Soul, thanks and yes I will. I will report tomorow as I keep getting interupted duing the testing, and I need a full two hours or? Ininterupted test period so I can do a reliable test. Will take video of end results as well run against the UCube Egg batteries that I sell to see how they compare.                 RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 09:51:33 PM »

If I understand the situation correctly, the main danger with these non-Innvo batteries is potentially more to the user than their Pleo.

Innvo are obliged to conform to US and European safety standards and are have taken a lot of time and effort in making sure that people cannot get confused with the Pleo and RB batteries.  The danger is not so much in putting the wrong battery in the Pleo, but potentially if people try to charge them in the wrong charger.  Innvo would have made sure that people would not be able to fit a li-poly battery in an orignal Ugobe green NiMH charger (li-poly batteries have been known to explode if mistreated), but it looks as though these new batteries just carry a warning to use a different adapter and not to confuse the chargers?

At least the egg batteries look very different .........

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »

Ok, these pics speak for themselves somewhat. They look pretty similiar but you can see when looking closely there are some differences. First of all as you can see in a couple of the pics the new battery weighs a lot less than the old one. also the new charger has a shorter spot to fit the bottom of the battery in, the old ones are too long and will not fit in . This is to avoid any danger from occuring and to avoid confusion. But the one scary or strange thing that Kat can agree with, is that even when not plugged in the battry in the charger glows and i t is not plugged in.              .........................who knows why or can explain that. Not me.   [smg id =6033]
 . Look at the weight difference and the size dimension wise, these are two easy differences when you look closely. I can't explain the rest.

Hope these pics help some.                 RWM
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:00:16 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »

That's really good to know, RWM - thanks for going to all that trouble.  :-*

Sir Iron Soul

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 08:53:21 AM »

Thanks RWM ;D are the pics just of the new one or both of them, and if it is both of them which one is which? Oh and thanks again :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 09:20:51 AM »

By the looks of it, the original one is the one on the right.  With the smaller tan band at the top, and the four 'spots' and straight diagonal tab on the bottom.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal