Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anime/Manga fans?  (Read 2084 times)

sweetReaper

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
Anime/Manga fans?
« on: December 05, 2011, 01:14:38 AM »

So I am a major otaku (a huge fan of anime/manga/visual novels/etc.) and I was wondering if there are any other otaku here in the forums. I have seen over 300 series and collect manga, anime DVDs, figures, plushies, etc. I go to many different anime conventions every year and cosplay at them as well :) I am also the president of my college's anime and asian culture club named "Otaku United"  ;D It would be great to see some other otaku here. I had a feeling there might be some because of some of the Pleo names I have seen on here haha

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone." - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Anime/Manga fans?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:04:58 AM »

I'm afraid I'm not a big anime fan, but I do love animation in general and pretty much all the Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli films.  Princess Mononoke is one of my favourite films of all time.  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:30:18 AM »

I am a budding anime and manga fan and I've even tried out the style in my own writing. My blindness limits me to how many of them I can actually read. Grr. Screnereaders do NOT like text broken into pannels. Most of the time I end up getting someone to read for me which is a major project. I like the complexity and depth of the characters. My favorites so far are Magic Knight Rayearth and... and ummmm I can't remember the entire name. Is it Revolutionary Girl Utina? I also liked sailor Moon once I read it a few times. There are a few others I'm reading but my spelling in Japanese is even worse than my spelling in English. Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

ninjaduck757

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:11:55 AM »

naruto is my favorite now but it has so many flashbacks lol

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 11:37:26 AM »

I'm a fan of Dragon ball and Pokemon (from my huge card collection) i wanted to get into Naruto ever since i learnt "Sadness and Sorrow" on the piano its such a beautiful piece...

ninjaduck757

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 12:12:07 PM »

after naruto dragonball seems quite old fashioned but dragonball is still one of the best manga

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 12:22:50 PM »

i got into Dragonball from the games i'm a big modern/old school gamer i heard also Naruto has games also... i only heard of Naruto when the Sadness and Sorrow was played during the death of Liu Kang on a video Liu kangs death + that song i can't help but cry so i had to learn it on my piano... sorry I'm mumbling on now... i would love to see "warriors" made into anime... 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal