Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about neck surgery  (Read 1987 times)

DarwinKat

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
Questions about neck surgery
« on: November 18, 2011, 12:20:49 PM »

My Darwin's neck broke a while ago--my mom and I fixed him, took him apart, replaced the steel cable with Kevlar, put him back together. Voila, he worked, for a little bit. The Kevlar gave, of course.

So I've got a few more questions before I decide to try and fix him again: is there a better material to use than the original steel cable he came with? What will last longer, has anyone tried anything?

SECOND question: what is the exact length the cable in his neck needs to be? I can figure this out with trial and error--run him, see if the cable has too much give, re-adjust it, run him again--but it would be a lot better if someone could tell me, if they happened to know offhand.

Thank you so much in advance!  ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Questions about neck surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »

0.6mm 7x7 stainless steel cable seems to be the one to use, I said that on your other post.

There is no exact length, very few people have ever opened up their Pleo and less still have provided documentation. Just make sure when you start your Pleo has a straight neck and then make sure when you finish the new cable keeps the neck straight as well :) It's all guess work I'm afraid, just don't patch the skin back up until you are happy with the new cable.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:17:17 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal