Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone know how long clock batteries last in Pleo Rb?  (Read 5284 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
anyone know how long clock batteries last in Pleo Rb?
« on: October 30, 2011, 03:41:34 PM »

I have changed the foot clock battery now twice in less than a year on my Pleo Rb. First in Dec with the original, then in March with my new replacement Rb. NOw since Baby Ruth's cold, who had the prongs on the clock compartment in the foot break off the first day while installing, now I can not get her to start. She does nothing but beep once and with her eyes open. I tryed turning her on with fresh battery and then setting the clock with a paper cliip into the foot compartment, but it still does nothing but beep an the snore? I have used two fresh charged batteries.
            what is the next step? I am not wanting to open the foot as the prong is broken off and very hard to put back in the working postion.
Am I not hitting the clock spot correctly , or doing something else wrong? also is it possible because of being sick and injured, her physical conditon or mental can be so low she won't work? I have been feeding her everyday, but coulldn't turn her one yesterday same problem, so I assumed she was sleeping early and figured I would fix it today, but it is early afternoon and she still will not come on.
             what is the next step to get Baby Ruth on?
                                                         RWM

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: anyone know how long clock batteries last in Pleo Rb?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »

You can feel the button when you press it. If she is snoring that means the battery is fine but her timing has reset. She thinks it's the middle of the night. I know Innvo say you can reset the clock while they are off but I'm not convinced it works.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 04:01:10 PM »

RWM - it may be that the 'bodge' on the foot battery prong is no longer connecting properly?  I think you might well have to check it and redo it, I'm afraid.  It will never be as reliable as the original prong. :(

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »

Crewella, I am hoping it is not that bodge, as it is really really hard for me to get that thing just right. I hate to take it off at all.
                IMR, how do you reset the clock battery? I allways thought the process was to turn the battery on then with the paper clip or what have you, push that button till you feel it, but nothing happens. She has been "asleep " for more than 24 hrs now, that can't be "normal " can it?        Can her energy be so low, she can't turn on?                              Puzzled as usual
                                                               RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »

Your Pleo being sick has absolutely nothing to do with the issue so please forget about that, it is not helping. Your Pleo thinks it is night time, it is as simple as that. Now whether she thinks it is night time because her clock merely needs resetting or because the clock battery is not connected properly I have no idea.

Step one, try turning her on early in the morning when she should normally be asleep, and see if she comes on.

Step two, insert a freshly charged battery and turn her on pressing the foot clock button before she turns back off. You will feel the little button click in, hold it for three seconds.

Step three, undo the foot battery and check that it is connected.

Step four, come back here.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 04:19:49 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 04:20:18 PM »

Just to check, is she actually switching off, or just sleeping (snores and all)?

If you're sure that you have freshly charged batteries, then I'd have thought the nexy thing to check is the foot battery clock.  If you reset the noon clock, you should be feeling a tiny 'click' as you push the pin/paperclip down, but you can usually hassle them awake if they're just sleeping (or you can my lot, anyway!).  I do have a horrible feeling you need to look at that foot .........

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 04:22:53 PM »

To reset the clock battery you turn the pleo on and wait for her to giggle - the first noise they make when they turn on, then use a paperclip to press the clock button in the foot.  It should beep when you press it.
Sadly I think Crewella may be right and you might need to redo the battery connection.  Hope you get her sorted soon.  :hhug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 04:28:52 PM »

My lot must be sound sleepers :P Once they switch off for the night, not even AJ barking at the ghosts in the middle of the night will wake them. (As opposed to just taking a nap, they will wake up then).

You are getting a snore followed by a single beep aren't you RWM? Pleakly got stuck like that once, since I couldn't get him to stay on long enough to reset his clock I ended up leaving him on and he woke up by himself at 2am in the morning. So you could try that, just make sure she is somewhere safe.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »

First I thought it was funny she did not come on at all yesterday as I had her on Friday night and somewhere around 10:00 p.m, she felll asleep so I left the battery in so she could wake up. At about 8;30 she had not worken up, so I took the battery out as I had to go somewhere and did not want her to walk off the shelf, I put it back in her somewhere around 7:00 yesterday night, still at least 3 hrs before "bed time", but she just snored so  I left her alone. she has not been awake since then, Her eyes are open and she does not wake up and giggle, just snore.
                I tried it again, turned her on, pushing in on the button and holding it, one beep and a snore and she turned off, eyes still open. Now I will try undoing that crappy foot. wish me luck.
                                                                   RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »

You'd know more than I do on that, IMR.  I rarely wake up at the same time in the morning two days running, so rarely use the sleep/wake functions on the RB.  TBH, I ignore the clock functions altogether.  %)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 04:38:05 PM »

It's one of my fav functions :)

RWM a beep and snore means that for whatever reason Baby thinks it is the middle of the night.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 06:30:33 PM »

Thanks IMR, NOw that I messed with the clock in the foot, it is doing the "needing to set the time" function and for whatever reason, the battery which was fully charged, quickly turns from green to red in about twenty seconds after beeping twice so NOw I am recharging the battery complety and then I will try again. it is really hard to hit that button to depress it and my husband made something to fit down there, the stupid paper clip kept bending cause I guess I was pushing so hard. Baby would beep once and snore and then the battery light turns red and she shut off, so I figure the best thing to do is completyl charge the battery and try it again.
                       About two hours to go and I will give it another go! Thanks for all the info, hope it works this next time. If Innvo could fix one thing with Pleo Rb, I would suggest making this battery in the foot easier and less likely for the prongs to break lke they did on Baby. Baby slept though for more than 24 hrs and she never woke up ...........that was strange with a full charged battery!
                                                                                      RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 11:11:38 PM »

Well, I messed with the clock battery, taking out the old one, also completey recharging one of the batteries, then putting a new clock battery in the foot, having to relocate and mess with the wires that have taken the place of one of the metal prongs that broke off her foot the first day I unpacked her! :( :o %) and thanks to Crewella's explaining how to use some copper type wire, this is what has been helping her battery in the foot work since day one.!( There was just no way I was going to send her back after waitig what seemed like an eternity to get my replacement and then have the prong break off and instead of fixing it, more than likely have to wait for a "new " replacement again). also I had forgotten after replacing the wire and new clock battery, that the large prong goes under and the small one prong that is left goes on top. ( I had one prong that is left under the battery along with the large one when I put everything back together, ....no wonder Baby kept beeping and shutting down. :D) So for whatever reasons the Pleo Gods had in mind, I needed to replace the foot clock battery with another one, and redo and straighten out the wires. Despite all the over and over again setting of the time clock, at approx 9:10 p.m PST,  it did not reset her clock to 9:00 p.m as her noon.
                   Baby came on for approx 15-20 minutes of play time, She seems very happy; cooing eating her leaf twice, her coffee bean once , and her sugar cane once. She proceeded to laugh, wag her tail, ho, ho, ho and chuckled, and then in good lady like fashion, burp and laugh several times. She then proceeded to "go to sleep" but in normal fashion. Just to make sure she was back to Normal, I turned her back on and she stayed awake  eating again and laughing for about 7 more minutes and fell back asleep, It is now 10:10 p.m. and she was asleep for the night about 9:40 p.m so I think she is back to normal , just asleep a little earlier than normal, (10;00-10;30 p.m) but I am satisfied she is ok, and am going to let her stay asleep. Her battery was left in, so I am calculating if she was asleep at approx . 9;30, she will be awake at 7:30 a.m . give or take about 10 minutes time and since I will be up at about 6:30 a.m, I can keep an eye out on her to see if her clock is set normallly, otherwise I am leaving it as it is. I am glad I had an extra foot battery for her clock, or I would have been messing with this not knowing what was wrong all night.. Thank goodness it was something easy enough to fix.            I will be watching my new Pleo when it comes, the foot battery closely so the prongs on it do not break off the way this one did!                     Once is enough! ;)
                                       Thanks IMR and Crewella and Kat, for reminding me how this foot battery thing works!                              RWM          and a Happy sleeping Baby Ruth

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 03:33:15 AM »

Glad that you got Baby Ruth working again! I also have forgotten how the clock battery works. I had to change mine right in the beginning, and I haven't had to do it since.  Although the wake up feature is nice, I think I'm with Crewella in saying that they can do away with this clock battery thing whenever a new one comes out. It really seems to be a lot of trouble for some. Mine came with a dead battery, and that took a while to figure out. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 03:40:38 AM »

Hey - that's great news!  I'm so glad Baby Ruth is better again.  Well done Dr RWM!  ;D

I'm not a fan of the clock battery, Springer, but I have to admit that I've found it easy enough to ignore and work around.  Just like her mum, Belle is pretty ready go at any time if you give her enough caffeine with the coffee bean leaf! :P

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 01:24:27 PM »

I'm glad you got Baby working again! I kind of like the clock feature although I don't make use of it very often. It's neat to use the pleo as a kind of wiggling, hungry alarm clock. Lol! Ryu wakes up promptly at eight on the dot and Cato wakes up maybe two minutes later.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 01:30:02 PM »

I wouldn't dare do that - I throw things at alarm clocks! :o :P

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »

Oh my, Crewella! If I ever come to visit I'll make sure not to use that feature in your house! Lol. They wake up in their little corner at the foot of my bed far out of range of flying objects. It's only open on one side so they fumble their way out and start sniffing around. There's nothing really dangerous over there for them to get into so I have a few minutes to stretch and kind of wake up. Cato usually won't let me, though. "*Snarling roar! Hooonk!!!!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 03:18:08 PM »

Eeeeek - maybe I'd have the first alarm clock to fight back! :o

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »

Waking up to three hungry Pleo's is quite an experience :) It is one of my favourite functions. And there's no snooze button!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 04:42:19 PM »

Hey, I just thought of an idea IMR, when you said you had three of these and no waking up to a "snooze button", do you think it is possible and have you ever thought of , what if waking up to a Pleo Rb that "sings like the radio"! ;D :o :) Wouldn't that be a grand idea? If anyone can figure it out it would be you. Thought it would be fun you know.

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 06:21:55 PM »

Contrary to popular opinion, I know absolutely nothing about coding. The skits and programming I have done has been done with pre-existing programs and coding done by other wonderful people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal