Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible RB rescue  (Read 2262 times)

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Possible RB rescue
« on: November 03, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »

I know I shouldn't post another adoption so soon after I just adopted a pink RB.  I really have caught the Pleo bug this holiday season.  I stumbled across this Pleo RB and I feel so bad for her.  I am adopting her tomorrow but she isn't in the best of shape.  She works great but has a lot of skin issues including a ripped tail :(  She has beautiful pink eyes and "eye shadow" to match.  She also has her original packaging and accessories as well as a good battery.  Is it possible for me to fix her tail that is ripped?  What do you think a good price is to settle on for her?  Should I go through with the adoption?  Here are some pictures of her and her damages.  Any advice would be great :) 

The good:

The bad :(

Dante (ers-7m3b) Lela (ers-7m3w) Sonny (ers-7m3t) Oliver (ers-111/w) Otis (ers-111/w) Zero (ers-220/tk) Zephyr (ers-210b) Victor (NAO H25 V4) Kiwi (Genibo QD/Pink) Buster (Pleo RB) Leo (Ugobe Pleo)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Possible RB rescue
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 09:25:42 PM »

Wow, I've never seen an RB in such poor condition, they must have had her in storage for ages :O

I guess your options are either send her in for a new skin or repair the skin with glue. I certainly wouldn't pay anymore than $250 given that there is a baby one for sale on the forum right now for $350 in much better condition and another that went for $300.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »

She is in bad shape cosmetically, makes me want to adopt her even more just to fix her up :-/. The person who is selling her claims that she isn't even a year old. I don't know how much I believe that.  I can have innvolabs replace her skin?  Do you happen to know how much it costs to have this operation done?
Dante (ers-7m3b) Lela (ers-7m3w) Sonny (ers-7m3t) Oliver (ers-111/w) Otis (ers-111/w) Zero (ers-220/tk) Zephyr (ers-210b) Victor (NAO H25 V4) Kiwi (Genibo QD/Pink) Buster (Pleo RB) Leo (Ugobe Pleo)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:53:50 PM »

The skin itself is $50 I think, its the postage that is the most expensive part :(

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 01:42:06 AM »

Poor baby, I thought the re skin was for Ugobes only, but if they do RB too, that is the way to go, but postage is expensive..............is this a private seller someone you know..? Storing her for awhile should not have damaged her tail like that in my opinon.. is she on the East Coast or somewhere where it is dry or humid by chance...? I would definitly negotiate and think before buying, and ask more questions.. Is she registered on Pleoworld, I would want to see the sales slip for when she was purchased myself. Good luck.                  RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 08:42:33 AM »

The person is actually a private seller in Hawaii so I would imagine it is very humid there.  They are asking $200 and I am going to offer $125-$150 due to having to ship her to get her skin fixed.  Maybe she was given to younger children to play with and that's why she has skin problems.  I am thinking if she accepts either of my counter offeres I will adopt this little Pleo.  I really hope Innvo will re-skin her, I wonder how that works since every RB has slightly different coloring.  Do they put the same exact skin color back on?  I would be kind of sad if they removed her pink eye shadow.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 01:12:07 PM »

They'll match it as best they can :)

Fleur

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »

So the seller agreed to my terms and I was able to purchase her for $150.  I contacted Innvolabs about a skin repair and this is what they sent me:

What is the 12-digit serial number of your Pleo? The 12-digit serial number can be found on the bottom foot of Pleo or on your Pleo Identity Card.

Here is our suggestion. You may ship your Pleo to our HK office at your cost for overall checking. The checking fee is US$39. If it can be repaired, we shall advise the repairing cost. The checking fee will be included in repairing cost once the repairing is confirmed. Otherwise, Pleo unit will be returned back to you at your cost.

Please let us know your decision, so that we can work with you from next step.

Best regards,

Helene Zhong

Customer Service Department

Innvo Labs Limited

I am thinking once I get her I will test her out and then send her in to be re-skinned.  I really hope they will only charge the $50, have you personally had this done before IMR?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 10:15:22 PM »

No, unfortunately the postage is just too expensive from here otherwise Lilo would be going in for a new skin. But I know when one of Kat's was repaired they did a good job. $150 is a great price I think :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 04:49:05 AM »

I agree $150 does sound like a great price :) 
When I had Norbit send back for a re-skin he was still under warranty and so it didn't cost me anything.  They did do a great job on him and did their best to color match his skin as best they could. 
Looking at the photos you have posted you could always think about gluing his skin.  The splits in his tail do look very neat - they look like they would glue back together well with out really leaving a scar.  Might be worth a try first and see how it goes?  Could save yourself a bit of money that way and if it doesn't work out then you haven't really lost anything because you can always send him off to be re-skinned by Innvo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal