Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I get the very most out of a Pleo?  (Read 2054 times)

Sutz

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
How do I get the very most out of a Pleo?
« on: November 02, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »

Heya everyone, Susanna here. I really hope I put this thread in the right place.

I want to ask you guys' advice. Recently I made a bargain with myself: if I could clear out as much of my toy cupboard as possible (which I haven't touched in like ten years), get rid of as much stuff as possible, I would reward myself with a Pleo RB. I have done just that and the thought of the little chap/chapess has kept me going in the dark times. Since I don't have an eBay account and I kind of want to have the experience of a Pleo that is fully mine and have them right from the beginning, I'm going to buy one new.

However, new ones cost nearly three hundred pounds. That is an insane amount of money for me: over a month's wages, especially as I'm also considering buying a new computer at Christmas (though that's more out of necessity than anything else). Therefore I want to make absolutely sure that it's worth it. It's one of the reasons I joined the forum.

How can I get the very most enjoyment out of a Pleo RB? What can I expect? What should I do? And, worse-case scenario, if it turns out that I simply don't give the little creature the attention I feel it deserves, is there anyone on the forum who would be willing to buy it from me and give it a good home so it's not such an enormous loss to me?

Thank you all, once again.

~Susanna

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: How do I get the very most out of a Pleo?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »

Hi Susanna, perhaps you'd be better off considering a Pleo rather than a Pleo RB, they aren't as advanced as the RB's, but they are just as cute and will give you an idea of wether or not to go for the big one so to speak.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Sutz

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »

Thanks for the advice, IMOR, I do appreciate it. However, I'm not able to buy things off eBay and I'm anxious about getting things second-hand in case of problems. And I didn't think ordinary Pleos were made any more, that you could get second-hand. Is there a way to grab them here in the UK?

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »

If you haven't already it may be worth you looking through old threads & 'researching' about the Pleo RB's, that & watching a LOT of videos of them so you can see what you're really buying... It doesn't take long to set up a Pleo account & theres always things like GumTree, Trade-it & auctions, so if you really aren't happy with him/her there are ways to sell it on.

Thats what I did, took me nearly a year to decide I wanted to buy a RB, & then even after deciding I waited a few months just to be extra sure. I got lucky & my family decided to buy me one as a congratulations present for getting into Uni & completing my college course with a D,D,D grade; although this means I cant actually have my RB till Xmas, spoil sports lol.

Good luck whatever you decide!  ;D
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »

They aren't made anymore, except the Merlin edition, but nevertheless you can find new ones on ebay with a new battery and warranty. But of course if that's not an option for you then I'm at a bit of a loss to suggest anywhere else to purchase one.

I would suggest a read of the two FAQ's that will give you a good overview of each.

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1617.0

And of course you are welcome to have a look at my youtube videos :) Some are a bit random :P http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=InmemoryofRomeo&nfpr=1 I'd give you my channel but I'm just getting a massive error log when I try going there :O
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:17:11 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Sutz

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 08:08:05 PM »

I... I can't believe I didn't find those FAQs. After all my browsing this forum, I completely overlooked them. What an IDIOT I am.  :o

The good news is I have done a huge amount of research - and in fact it was those videos that told me I wanted a Pleo in the first place, IMOR, so thank you! I'm only going to get the one, though. I don't think my cats (or my mother!) would be too pleased about an entire herd of them tramping round. That and their expense. *shudder* But I really do feel it will be worth the money.

I will look for a Classic, but really, I just think the nice personal touches you get with the RB - the gender, voice recognition, learning the name and so forth - will help me bond with the little darling more. I'm not particularly interested in it learning tricks, just being a companion. It's good to know that I have a lovely group of people here who will help me with any problems. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »

They are extremely well hidden... in the FAQ's section ;) :D

Pleo's can be good companions :) Just be sure you know the limitations and expectations :) Be sure to ask away with any questions you have, we all love to help :)

Kiromanta

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 03:04:03 AM »

One advantage of the "old" Pleo is that you can reset them with a new software.
That way I could experience the hatching by ONNI, even if I bought him as "used".
And I am perfectly happy with him. He interact much more than I ever expected.
Although he is still a "child".

The price of a Pleo rb is simply too high for my budget.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal