Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green Lithium Battery for Both Pleo and Pleo RB?  (Read 13235 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Green Lithium Battery for Both Pleo and Pleo RB?
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2011, 04:32:07 PM »

I have charged the new battery and also my egg battery over night.  I am charging up a rb battery now and will do a test running all three batteries tonight when I get home from work.  I will of course be using the new battery in a rb. :)  We will see how it goes tonight.
A little point to note was that using it in Gumble my Ugobe pleo it was a very very very tight  fit.  I was a little worried that I just wouldn't be able to get it in him.  It did work just fine once it was in though.

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 04:36:34 PM »

Bad news is that I didn't manage to do the test in the rb's last night as I got home too late.  We went out to dinner. :)  Good news is I am doing it now and yes the battery does actually work in a rb just fine! ;D  So if what you are after is a battery that will work in both types of pleo then this is a good buy.  
I will let you know how long we get.  I have Gumble using an egg battery Kermy running a regular rb battery and Norbit using the new battery. ;D

25mins into the test Norbit froze.  He still had a green light under his belly but no sound or movement and he stayed like that for about 3 mins before I intervened.  I tried switching him off but he would not switch off so I had to pull the battery and then pop it back in again.  I turned him back on, fed him and then put him back to play with the rest of them.  I don't know if this was caused by the new battery or if it was just a glitch in his firmware.  I will run a second rb test with the new battery in Kermy later to see if she has any issues using it.  I am keeping an eye on him. %)

We have made an hour and 35 mins and all three are still going strong! :)

Ok - 2 hours exactly for Kermy on the normal pleo rb battery, Norbit on the new battery made 2 hours 15 mins and little Gumble with his egg battery is still running  ;D

So the conclusion is that egg batteries are still the way to go for Ugobes, The regular pleo rb battery is just as good as this new type for pleo rb and the extra 15 mins or so is not really worth the cost.  The only reason I can see for getting this type of battery would be if you wanted one battery that worked in both old and new pleos.

Egg battery in Gumble went for 2 hours and 45mins! ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 07:23:53 PM by kat »

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »

Thanks for the update Kat, perhaps you should mention this in the feedback of the eBay seller. It's a lot of money to spend on a battery.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 07:24:33 PM »

Not that I wanted to be negative but I decided I should leave negative feedback for this item on ebay as it clearly has not performed to the 3 to 4 hours claimed by the seller which really was the whole point in buying it for me.  I am pleased that it works in both pleo types but the run time was disappointing.  I have not bothered to contact the seller as I really don't think there is anything they can do to change their product to make it perform better for me so I just left the feed back with a short comment about the run time and will leave it at that.  I don't use ebay much so I hope that was the right thing to do.  I wouldn't want someone else out there to buy this battery thinking they were going to get 3 or 4 hours playtime.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 07:26:30 PM »

You did as you thought fit in good conscience.  That sounds fine to me!  ;D

Thank you for taking the time to explain it all in such detail, much appreciated!  :-*

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 07:27:19 PM »

I think it was the right thing to do because it's a misleading eBay seller.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »

Hi Kat, I am so sorry it did not work as described but I was suspicious of this seller and the claims but was hoping it did work, The only good thing I can see is that it does work in both and that is because it has been manipulated enough to make it fit in. As far as I can see and from the description, it is no different than a egg battery or the regular Pleo battery with a different cover and the top that fits into Pleo or Pleo Rb has been changed so it will fit into both. ??? I definitly would have done as you in leaving negative feedback, but I would have taken it one step further in contacting first the seller to tell them it was false advertising as YOU JUST Got it, an they give you like 45 days to open a claim in Paypal ebay for ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED.Then the seller has to refund the money and you send the item back.This way other people are alerted to "false claims". The only bad thing about what you did is that the seller is still selling these fraudulent batteries and unfortunatly not all ebayers and I think in fact quite a few, just do not spend the time to check the feedback and read the comments other sellers or buyers of a particular product have made.If more people were alerted to his low percentage of feedback, (83% . something) and then actually read the comment you made, some may stay away from these baterries but I hate to admit it, but there are a lot of lazy ebayers who just do not bother to read feedback or do their homework on sellers and find out what they should want to about whatever the product may be.I am glad you left negative feedback for this person and if they had any backbone, they would contact you to try and work things out, but they may just not care... If it had been me and someone had not been satisfied with a battery, pleo or whatever I was selling, I would do whatever I could to try and make things better ,but some don't care, it is just business and money and nothing more.
             Sorry to rant so, ebayers that do this just get under my skin as this was something that would have made a lot of people happy and to find out it is not what they said it was, something that sounded too good to be true, just got me upset..You deserve a round of applause though Kat for being brave enough to go for it and test it for all the rest of us here who wondered and wanted to buy one but were afraid to "try the water", but you just jumped right in and tested the water for all the rest of us. ;D :hhug: :kiss: :rootbeer: You are a go getter and one of those people who wont just stand around and wonder but gets the job done. I applaud you for that. I do have one question. what was that about with the light comming on without it being plugged in....that was just plain strange scary and weird.... :o Someday they may come up with a 3-4 hr battery that does what this one was said to do, and when it does we will have you to thank for paving the way for the next one being the "real McCoy" If they lowered the price it would not be so bad despite their fraudulent claims, but at that price, it is a rip off.  I think I have said enough.One good thing is that this battery does make my Egg battery look a lot better now for anyone who had doubts! LOL   :-* for your persistance and great strength to test the waters Kat. Take care.                           RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2011, 11:40:58 PM »

I agree with RWM you really should file a PayPal claim against this seller. The item clearly is not as described and most likely an original battery that has been fiddled with (scratched of label on the battery for example).

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 12:12:06 AM »

Oz is right, since you left negative feedback, it is NOT TOO LATE TO FILE A 'Item not as described" claim with PaYPal and get your money back. I have done it before and it  is allways on the buyers' side. You have no problem showing how long the battery ran, and it doesn't matter if some other buyers says they are happy, the battery does not run 3-4 hrs as the seller claims. I am sorry, but 2 hrs and 15 minutes or 2 hrs and 40 minutes, it is all under the 3 hr and surely not 4 hr mark, The longer you wait though it is not good  also because other poor buyers are duped into buying this fraudulent battery.  :( >:(I would contact the seller and tell him you are opening a claim, He already has negative feedback and surely does not want to risk getting removed from Ebay because of fraudulent claims, Ebay does not fraud on their site and will deal with this person severely if it keeps happening.
                     I am sure you know how to file a claim and it does not matter if you are a person who only frequents Ebay sites once  in a blue moon, Fraud is Fraud as Oz said. Think of it as alerting others to help this from happening to them too. This person needs to either quit selling them or change what he says they are capable of doing. All he has to do is change what he says the time is, and he would not be fraudulent, but this is why ( IMHO) most people are buying them the time seems too good to be true, and of course we know now it is. Enough said, if you decide to open a claim I can tell you how to do it and it is nothing against you, do not feel "bad" for this person. They need to advertise accurately or remove their product . In today's economy, the price for one of those  is a lot of hard earned money for most people and it is like throwing your hard earned money away . ( IN My Opinion.) anyway enough said again , I just get upset when this stuff happens to people as I don't like it when it happens to me and I don't like it happening to my friends, and Kat you are a friend. ;) :-* Good luck and Thanks Oz for speaking up about this too.

RWM

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »

Yes file a claim for sure that is very disappointing that this battery never run any where near what was claimed by the seller and if i was you i would be wanting my money back  :(
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2011, 05:43:53 AM »

The seller contacted me via email tonight and here is what he had to say
dear kermitpleo
i am very sorry to say that the battery can be used 3-4 hours,but some times it can be used for about 3 hours Depends pleo movement.i want send you a pleo clothes,and free shipping.if like i will send it tomorrow.and if you agress,please change the Negative feedback.i will very very thank you.

best wishes!

It seems he feels his battery should run for at least 3 hours.  I have tested it a few times in different pleos who all have different levels of activeness and the best time I have gotten so far is 2h 20 min.  Based on my testing I don't believe anyone would get 3 hours from one of these batteries.  Needless to say I will not be bought.  I am not changing my negative feed back.  As yet I have not responded to his email and am unsure if I will.

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2011, 09:12:56 AM »

That's really dissapointing.  :(  Looks like the guy'll send you free pleo clothes, but I think I'd keep the review negative so that others won't buy this product and be dissapointed.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2011, 12:08:23 PM »

I would tell him thank you for his offer, but you do not need any Pleo clothes as you have your own and what you were buying was the battery based on the fact that it is supposed to run 3-4 hrs, Let him know You tested it on at least 4 different Pleos and the best it did was the 2 hrs 20 minutes.  >:(Let him also know you WILL OPen a DISPUTE, ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED CASE WITH PAYPAL TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK. He will get his battery back and you will get your money and the shipping cost back.  He has no alternative at this point because if you open a case and he does not give you your money back voluntarily, Paypal and Ebay will not only just give you the money back, he can lose the ability to sell ANYTHING ON EBAY, AND THAT INCLUDES THE PLEOS HE SELLS. :o ;D
                  When I bought a Pleo on Ebay back in March or early April here in the US. I bought it as it said, NEW UNHATCHED, so it had only been Displayed in a showcase, ( or so the seller claimed.) I asked if it had been used, and he again said NO>) So I paid $142.50 which is a Good Price for a UNHATCHED PLEO. THere were a handful of them at ebay at the time and I was glad to get this guy. I learned from selling batteries, to protect myself when esp buying electronic items by VIDEO Taping the opening of the package and IT was a good thing I had. :oWhen I opened the package, the first warning sign was NO MANUEL or ID Card...something wrong there, then NO USB cable. So I knew this guy would not work with the green OLD battery so I used a fresh Egg battery. Even before testing with my battery, it was obvious other things were wrong, the paint was chipped off Pleo's teeth, and paint on the leaf from his teeth. The other Big Red Flag was the position Pleo was in, with neck slightly bent and a curled tail. ( in his box.) This is not the Packing postion and obviously, Pleo had to have been used. The video showed all these things and the biggest thing was turning him on and having him say, " Huh", and then Mooing, Not going into the "hatching position". This guy was as fraudulent as can be. He tried to negotiate a lesser price and I was still wanting Pleo as aside from the paint missing on the teeth, he was in very good condition, but not worth what I paid plus the missing items. He wouldn't go down the $20.00 Less I offered, ($120.00 instead of $142.50) He then tried to say, How do I know this video is of My Pleo and not another" till I showed him his address would be visable. He didn't like that, quite communicating and I had to go through Paypal. The videos were posted on Youtube but with no names, and I not only got a full refund, Paypal sent me a shipping label prepaid to send the Pleo back, then they would take money out of his account, and they Told me they "strongly suggested I leave Negative feedback on his account so others knew about this Pleo" I did so and this person has not sold a single thing since this incident so Ebay and Paypal back up the buyer in these incidents but you  have to act within a time frame. Do not feel bad for this person, You deserve your money back. It is not saying these batteries are Bad but not as advertised and you have the right to get what you are paying for and they do not run 3-4 hrs. Just to help you put things in perspective. Think of it this way, If your son or daughter bought something on Ebay and it was not as advertised, what would you do? ??? %) >:( ;)  Good Luck,                                 RWM                    Been there too!

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2011, 02:17:54 PM »

The guy is trying to bribe you so he can continue his con to make money from unsuspecting buyers. Make a PayPal claim, get your money back and stop him in his tracks.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2011, 01:00:03 AM »

Personally, I think the only thing wrong here is the length of time the battery runs for.  It appears to be a factory 'reshuffle' but to have a battery than runs in both the RB and the original Pleo is worth having on its own.  As you can only guess as to what's actually inside it, personally I'd keep the battery and leave the neg.  A lot of sellers use the tactic of trying to get people to change their minds - to me that's more a sign of something wrong than anything else.  If they really cared, they'd test a battery themselves and then send you one that DOES run for 3 hours, or change their description.

ADDED:

It's interesting to note that this seller had 100% feedback until Kat's negative.  With such a new seller, each sale makes a big difference, but I note that a couple of other buyers seem happy with their battery.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:48:11 AM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2011, 12:17:28 PM »

I agree that the battery is good in the fact that it runs in both RB and Regular. But as for a seller having 100% positive feedback, still does not guarantee that everything will be ok, it is just a good indicator to trust and deal with a seller. The seller here in the US that I bought the Fraudulent "Un hatched" Pleo from had 100% positive feedback too, but  he still listed something that was not what it was supposed to be. In fact, if I had not won the Pleo, I am 100% positive the new winner would also leave negative feedback and also want their money back, as a Pleo can't be hatched and have missing items and then be listed as "New Unhatched", anyone wanting a Un-hatched Pleo is going to notice the obvious. also at least one person who bought the battery was also in China and sells Pleos items, What I think will be interesting is to see if other future battery buyers also find the same things and leave negative feedback, then the seller's feedback will go down so far, they really can't afford to sell this on ebay or will hopefully just change the claim that it runs 3-4 hrs. all they would have to do is to change it to read, "will run at least 2 hrs!" Then they are not being fraudulent and nothing wrong. I will watch to see what others say after buying this. some people may have left feedback before testing this also, You can not change your feedback once you leave it, but you can still file a claim with Paypal or Ebay.                                                                           RWM

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2011, 04:57:26 PM »

This does seem to be quite a hot topic with many strong feelings attached.  :)

When I bought this battery it was always as an experiment to see if the claims they made were true.  I was hoping that the battery would last the 3 to 4 hours they stated it would but really didn't believe it would.  As the battery does function and does work in both pleo and pleo rb and appears to be a new unused battery sent to me in good shape, I am not going to open a dispute with ebay or paypal.  I just don't have the emotional energy needed to follow through with something like that at this time.  I never really expected it to work so I really am not terribly disappointed that it doesn't run for as long as they have claimed.  I left negative feed back as I did feel this was the right thing to do so that others would see that for me the battery only lasts just over 2 hours.  I did also see that there are others out there who are happy with their purchase of these batteries.   Also it is important to note that I never intended to return my purchase even if the battery didn't work at all.  It really was an experimental purchase for me. :D 
So I am going to put the matter to rest here.  I am choosing not to respond to the seller.  Again I just don't have the emotional energy that that requires.  I am disappointed at his reaction, by offering me another different product for free to change my mind does not give me a very good opinion of him.  If he had wanted to talk to me about the battery and why it didn't give the 3 to 4 hours play time for me then I probably would have made the effort to talk to him. 

I started this experiment for the rest of you here on the forum. :)  My friends. :)  So as we have all seen from my testing what the good and bad points about the battery are each of you can make up your own minds to purchase or not as you see fit.  I do have to remind you though this battery does work in both types of pleo and for that alone if that is what you were after then it is still a good buy. 

Also I have run it a couple of more times so now each of my pleos have had a turn and I only got 2 hours 15min each time. 

I would like to thank all of you here for following my experimental journey and I would also like to thank Gumble, Norbit, Minyon and Kermy for volunteering to be brave little lab rats and testing the battery.  I am very grateful that there were no explosions during, before or after the experiment.   :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »

I understand what people are saying, and in some circumstances can be relentless in hounding a bad seller, but on certain purchases from abroad, especially China these days, I often make the purchase in a spirit of a gamble, as you have done, Kat.  You've left a warning there for other potential buyers to read, if they can be bothered, and that's the most important thing to do.  ;D

Thank you!  I was considering doing the same thing - you saved me from having to deal with them!  :-*

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2011, 08:26:09 AM »

Well, as PleoPet pointed out earlier in the topic, This new battery is essentially the same as the egg battery and the brown battery, so there is no way you'll ever get 3-4 hours out of one.  There is no way the seller can substantiate the claim, so it is false advertizing. 

The big question as to whether the seller is a "bad guy" or not is if the 3-4 hour claim is his, or the manufacturer's.  If I was selling brand new unopened products and I was just stating on eBay what the packaging said, that makes me an idiot who got duped by the manufacturer, not a scam artist . . .

They are all LiPoly batteries with a 2800mAHr capacity.
New green battery - $89 for battery and charger - 2800mAhr LiPoly - "UGOBE" brand - should work in original Pleo or PleoRB. Needs special new green charger.
Brown RB battery - ~$50 for battery alone - 2800mAhr LiPoly - "INNVO" brand - will work in Pleo RB only. Needs brown charger that comes with the RB.
White 'Egg' battery - ~$57 for battery and charger - 2800mAhr LiPoly - "UCUBE" brand - will work in original Pleo (not RB). Needs special white egg charger.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:13 AM »

Kat I understand complety about having no emotional energy to continue any further and since you were doing this as an "experiment", I can see and thank you for that and think you are justified to stop and just leaving negative feedback can do quite a bit to stop others from buying this IF they think it will run 3-4 hrs and that is what they are expecting. Like I said before, the fact it can go in both older Pleos and Rb is a good point in itself, just personaly I think it costs too much for that amount, but I do like that fact. ;D
          More than anything and I am sure others will agree that I am happy that you took "the plunge" that others including myself were afraid to do and were the "test susbject" for a few of us. Thank the Pleo Crew as they were the really brave ones, God Forbid if they turned Bright DayGlow Yellow or exploded. :o That was pretty scary........................... Also Crewella, as for things these days comming from China in particular with the spirit of a Gamble. I am not sure what you mean by that...is it  somehow related to the validity of goods or fraudulent claims or production values...? Can you explain as I don't really understand exactly what you mean and don't want to "assume" the wrong meaning, I am not as up on current trends etc as a lot of people and my brain is no good till I get that first transfusion of coffee.  :D Remember also, the UCUBE egg batteries that I sell and others use in their Pleos do come from Taiwan  and they seem to be just fine, that is why I would like some more explanation. ( I am no good at political and business goods, economy etc, my husband drives me nutz trying to explain it to me ...so I would rather hear it from you in a gentler easy way to understand your statement. Thanks)
       And MWeed, I never said that this seller is BAD Or Good, just that the Claims are Fraudulent. If I was the one selling these, either I would contact the manufacturer or person I got them from and explain the situation and see what they say, or I would stop selling them OR put a message on the posting stating that with further testing, buyers have found these last for a little over 2 hrs, and test on your own, but something to the effect so there is clearly a statement saying 3-4 hrs is Claimed on packaging, etc, but expecting 2 hrs + is much more likely, something along that line, so you are not seen as Misrepresenting the product.It is very possible that this person who had virtually no feedback and IS just trying to make some money, ( a living like everyone else... :)) bought these to try and make some money and thinks and was told it is a good product by whomever sold these to him, and he probably has no firsthand experience with them at all. The best thing he could do is to either sell them AS IS to someone else, lower the price, or make a statement saying he is not responsible for what the packaging says, or just continue to sell these and hope others do not leave negative feedback. AT some point, there is bound to be another person who buys one wanting that 3-4 hrs and will also be upset and want their money back and or leave more negative feedback.It all comes down to people in general want what they pay for. I am glad it is not me selling these batteries...I do understand that this can be a tricky situation but I think the seller is still responsible whether he got duped or not. I do know I won't be buying one of these, perhaps at a lower price, it could be worth it, to me anyway.                                        RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2011, 03:00:16 PM »

Sorry RWM, my comment about sellers in China was mainly based on the fact that China has become the most recent troublespot for manufacturing of counterfeit goods, especially in the field I tend to buy and sell in (UK antiques category listings on eBay were infested with thousands of Chinese repro items until not long ago - drove me potty!).  That, coupled with the fact that (on eBay UK, anyway) buyers often have to pay the cost of return postage so any item bought from abroad carries a potential cost if something goes wrong (as Paypal ask buyers returning faulty items to do so with tracking as proof), is why I tend to treat purchases from abroad in general but China in particular in a spirit of a 'punt' or gamble.  The ones that are REALLY wrong I'll chase up, but the ones that could be down to misunderstanding, or as Mweed says a seller that might have been duped themselves, I'll warn others via feedback but might not try for a refund.

To be honest, the vast majority of the items I've bought like that have been fine, and many of the sellers, Chinese or otherwise, have been a bit clueless but very helpful once we sorted out our differences (or indeed finally worked out what the other was on about!).  The Chinese manufacturing industry has grown so fast in recent times, in all directions - some of their goods are great, some not so great, some extremely not great, but when buying on eBay you often have no idea what you'll be getting, or if the goods will conform to any standards or regulations.  I didn't mean to cast aspersions on Chinese manufacturers in general, some are truly great - heck, I was made in China myself!  :P

Sorry if that was a bit long-winded - hope it helped?  :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2011, 03:19:25 PM »

Thanks Crewella for explaining things to me, I didn't know that on Ebay UK you had to pay for the return of items yourself, I guess I was lucky here in the US when with the "fraudulent Pleo seller", Paypal prepaid for all shipping labels etc. I do not have anything against China or any other country nor any specific race or ethnic group either. I just wondered what you meant by the remark. :DThanks for clearing things up. By the way, were you really "made in Chna", born there, or is that just a generalization since 99% of the earth's population started there or on the African Continent Eons and Eons and Eons ago?! :D

I do hope the seller if not to blame gets his money back or has no more problems, but it does pay to know your product before selling it. I know it doesn't allways work out that way though.
                                                                   RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2011, 03:29:55 PM »

Glad it helped, and equally glad you asked so I could explain!  Some of the most beautifully crafted items I've ever seen were made in China, I'd hate anyone to have thought I was wary of all Chinese manufacturing! ;D

And yes, 'made' and born in Hong Kong, and my father in Shanghai!  :D

*I'm not telling you if I have a stamp on the back of my neck, though*  ;)  :P

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:35:22 PM by Crewella »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal