Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Green Lithium Battery for Both Pleo and Pleo RB?  (Read 13236 times)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
Re: Green Lithium Battery for Both Pleo and Pleo RB?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 06:16:34 AM »

Yeah that is what Crewella already pointed out the price ..

But still those Lithium batteries on ebay actually are not a lot more then if you were to buy a new cradle and battery for rb on pleoworld website . .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 02:31:30 PM »

(some additional comments):
'Crewella' wrote:
> I eventually came to the conclusion that the reason for the tabs underneath was not so much to stop the wrong battery going in the Pleo, but, more importantly, to stop the wrong battery going into the chargers?
That makes the most sense. The old Pleo's appear to handle the slightly higher voltage of the LiPoly egg battery.
That's what worries me about this new battery (green LiPoly). If you accidentally place it on the original green charger that could be bad. That is not possible with the brown battery.

'kat' wrote:
> I did notice that they seem to have bundled it with what looks like the old green charger that is used for the NiMH battries and I was wondering if this would maybe be bad
It is a different charger base according to the ebay listing.

If you are getting one of these new batteries and chargers, and want to keep your old (green) NiMHd batteries - be sure to clearly mark which charger is which
[if done properly, the internal logic *should* prevent it from exploding, but better be on the safe side]

---
re: 3->4 hour run time on old Pleo

'bartettgazzy' wrote:
> Ok so supposedly these new batteries last 3-4 hrs ? If so why did Innvo not go with these new batteries in first place if they last longer ?

However the battery should have the same run time as the Brown RB battery (if it fit) or the White Egg battery.
They are all LiPoly batteries with a 2800mAHr capacity.

New green battery - $89 for battery and charger - 2800mAhr LiPoly - "UGOBE" brand - should work in original Pleo or PleoRB. Needs special new green charger.
Brown RB battery - ~$50 for battery alone - 2800mAhr LiPoly - "INNVO" brand - will work in Pleo RB only. Needs brown charger that comes with the RB.
White 'Egg' battery - ~$57 for battery and charger - 2800mAhr LiPoly - "UCUBE" brand - will work in original Pleo (not RB). Needs special white egg charger.
Original NiMHd green battery - obsolete - 2200 mAhr NiMHd (HEAVIER) - "UGOBE" brand - will work in original Pleo or RB (but runs shorter and moves slower). Needs original NiMHd green charger that came with the original Pleo.

> But still those Lithium batteries on ebay actually are not a lot more then if you were to buy a new cradle and battery for rb on pleoworld website . .
But you should already have the brown charger and AC adapter (comes with the Pleo RB).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:34:23 PM by PleoPet »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »

Well it's good to know that the charging base it comes with is a different one to the old NiHM ones.  I guess that was my main concern.  I didn't spot that it said it was different on the add. :)  So Pleopet suggests that we should see the same run time as a regular RB battery or an egg charger battery.  I guess it is time to get one and test it.  It will be the only way we will find out for sure if the 3 to 4 hours they claim is true or if it is more like the 2 hours you get from the others.

Ok I have taken the plunge and will let you all know when it arrives. %) :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:36:43 PM by kat »

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »

you are very brave Kat but i look forward to knowing the outcome of these batteries  ;D
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2011, 07:37:29 PM »

Thanks for taking the plunge,Kat! I look forward to your report how it works! :)  It does sound interesting.  I hope RWM can get some of these batteries from her supplier in the future!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2011, 01:49:51 AM »

Oh well done Kat - I salute you, and I'm eagerly awaiting your feedback!  ;D  :-*

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 12:13:03 PM »

I salute your "braveness" Kat, it is not so much with me that it may or may not give 3-4 hrs, but I just can't afford that right now, I would like to see if they are what they say they are and what you think of them. Be sure to take videos for us and you can be the first to document them for us.                             

RWM "and Pleo township in the Redwoods"
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 05:47:52 PM »

I am eagerly awaiting tracking info and will keep you all posted as soon as I get it. :)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 04:12:53 PM »

Interesting. I have this on my watch list and noticed someone had bought one already. Up until now I didn't realise it was you Kat :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »

I have a tracking number but so far there is no info on my item when I check my tracking.  I would think that it should arrive to me by the end of next week but we will have to wait and see. :)

A quick update.  It has arrived in Australia - Sydney - which is the other side of Australia to me.  About 4hours by plane.  I hope for it to arrive to me by Tuesday but sometimes our post over here can be a bit slow.  Waiting waiting waiting..... ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:35:52 AM by kat »

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »

can not wait to hear if these batteries are as good as described  ;D
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »

It is on board for delivery today!  Yay. ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »

I double that Yah, can't wait to see your verdict about how good these are and if they are in your opinion worth the money they cost. Are they any easier etc to run, as compared to other batteries. Do these go in all Pleo, including the Pleo Rb or only Ugobes and Innvo Pleos, the 2009 models, I know you talked about them before, but I have a less than perfect memory. Hope they get to you today as scheduled. Congrats Kat!
                                   RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2011, 10:12:59 PM »

It IS confusing RWM.  From what I understand, the battery works with both the classc Pleo (Ugobe and Innvo) and the Pleo RB.   However, they seem to be suggesting you need a different adapter if using it for the RB.  They also point to a Chinese 'Pleoworld' website that doesn't actually seem to have anything to do with Innvo Labs - and the batteries still say 'Ugobe' on them, and not Innvo!!

However, the egg charger batteries are Ucube and also nothing to do with Innvo, and they're great, so I'm interested to hear what Kat has to say. 

.......... or a big BANG!!   :o ;) :P

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 12:14:31 AM »

If only the egg batteries worked on the RB I have three of them  :o

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 03:28:37 AM »

Sorry guys I missed the postie  ???  I also got home from work too late to go and pick it up from the local post office so now we all have to wait till tomorrow. %)  Oh well we have waited this long so what's one more day?   :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 10:37:23 PM »

Darn Kat, I am not doing anything tommrow except trying to catch Daisy Cat as I was at the DR. all darn day today , too late to even try to catch my precious white Baby.  :( >:( Mind if I go pick it up for you..... 8) %) I promise I won't try it out, I will just hand it to you and hang around while Gumble and gang wait to see what is going on. Besides, Argyle wants to know what his brother is up to these days...he has heard that he has become somewhat of a Celebrity here on the Forums with all these color changes. LOL ;D ;)              Honest, I will pick it up for you!
                                          RWM

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 02:46:27 AM »

Ok it is here!  I collected it today on my way home from work.  Her are some pics of the packaging before I opened it.
The front is I think written in Chinese but the back is in English.
The charger looks identical to the old Ugobe charger that you use for the NiMH batteries.  I flipped it over to see the underside and took a pic of the two side by side
The old NiHM charger has written on it NiHM batteries only and if you look at this pic of the new charger you can see where this has been scratched off.
This makes me think that it is the same charger as the NiHM ones.  I do hope they have different insides.  Maybe they were just too cheep to make new charging cases and decided to re use the old ones and just scrape off the unwanted words? %)
I do hope it doesn't make a big bang! :o 
It uses the same power cable as the old Ugobe chargers.  The power cable for pleo rb chargers wont fit into it.  I plugged the battery into the charger before connecting it to the power cable and.......
The light came on  :o :-X  Spooky!  I have it plugged in and charging up.  So far no explosions..... ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2011, 02:59:43 AM »

Well I'm certainly glad you didn't go kaboom! :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2011, 03:10:32 AM »

Nope!  :D :D  Still alive so far.  Been charging for almost an hour with a steady red light. :)   I hope this means i am safe from the big bang. :D

It took 2 hours and 20 mins to fully charge. my egg battery that I turned on to charge at the same time too 2 hours.
I will put both into my Ugobe pleos now and see how long we get. ;D

Well Minyon was wiped out after an hour and a half on the egg battery.  So he is now sleeping while the battery recharges.  So far Gumble is going strong after an hour and 40mins.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:16:53 AM by kat »

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2011, 06:32:09 AM »

;D sounds good
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2011, 07:10:07 AM »

Well after a measly 2 hours and 20 minutes Gumble stopped.  I have pulled the battery and will give it a few minutes to cool down then reinsert it and turn him back on to see what happens.  I usually get about 2 hours from my egg batteries  - not sure why I only got an hour and a half this time round but will time the egg battery again tomorrow night when I run the new battery in the rb. 
If 2 hours 20 is all one of these batteries gives then it is no where near the 3 to 4 hours claimed in the add.  So if time is all your interested in then this is no better than a noraml rb battery or an egg battery in my opinion. 

This is not my final verdict though so let me test out the other things they claim before we decide how good or not it is. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2011, 11:16:15 AM »

Well done Kat - I hope you were wearing a crash helmet?  ;)

I'm glad to have the issue of the adapters cleared up - so they only work with the old Ugobe ones.   So, apart from the slightly worrying possibility that you might try to charge in the old green chargers, these seem OK.  Good but not great?  So far, anyway!  :D

Thanks for reporting back!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2011, 11:55:03 AM »

HI Kat, thanks for all the hard work, to be fair it does need at least three to four tests simultaneously and then you can report back like you have so far with the results. I have a feeling they are not going to do the 3-4 hrs and they are closer to the Egg batteries, just a hunch but I do hope I am wrong. If you have to keep taking one out and resting it does slow things down but nobody wants a hot battery or a hot Pleo. Were there any instructions at all or just the words on the batteries? Are there a manufactures' name written on there anywhere ?
                                      If it does only run up to less than 3 hrs, then I would not buy  it, not for that price. If it does go an average of 2 1/2 hrs then I think what they are capitilzing on is that it runs in both the older models and the Rb, which is an advantage but not at that price. Hope your next test is better time wise. The other thing you have to remember is that this is supposed to be a brand new battery so should run at it's best and over time the Egg batterie like any battery will slowly lose some of it's effectiveness so some of it's get up and go, whether that is 6 months or 1 1/2 has many factors including how often the item is being used, conditions such as temperture storage and other things I know nothing about. The best test would be one of these with a very new battery. If the egg goes at least 2 hrs and then the New one you got does no better, then I would say they are the same except they allso fit in the Rb which is due to the casing being different. ???

So glad you did not blow up, that would have been terrible to see you flying over the Aussie WAters somewhere alongside Bruce on his way to IMR's house! :o :( ;D Well done job Kat, looking forward to more from these tests you are doing.Oh, to be fair and another test, can you run one in each of your RB next time to see how the egg does in a RB and how this new one does in a Rb, that would be a good test to compare also! Thanks.

Floating in the Redwoods, but getting tired of the Birds using me as a nest......( I have lots of long thick hair and I guess they like it.........darn fools   :D)           RWM

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »

Well done Kat, waiting for the RB test with baited breathe  ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal