Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My RB, Jules, with lots of paint peeled  (Read 1823 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
My RB, Jules, with lots of paint peeled
« on: August 12, 2011, 03:06:56 PM »

Some of you already know about my RB, Jules, who arrived with paint already starting to peel.. I was unable to get him reskinned as they told me they 'don't do that'.. and I was not about to get rid of him (that would be like, my THIRD replacement Pleo) so I refused a replacement and decided to just remove the badly applied paint myself, so I could have a clean slate, and repaint Jules.  So far, this is what he looks like, with most of his head paint removed and some from his sides.  This paint was removed by just rubbing the spot with a finger, rubbing with a wet paper towel worked as well and I didn't have to press much harder than you would normally pet your Pleo.. (but I was obviously trying to remove the paint)
But don't panic, this paint was obviously MAJORLY screwed up, I think he wasn't prepped correctly.. maybe he had a layer of something on him that prevented the paint from sticking properly.. this is not the norm for PleoRB at all and I could have had him replaced. I just fell in love with him & his eyes and I'm sick of constantly replacing broken RB's (I have really bad luck) So far the only actual skin damage is a slight peeling on his neck which never looked great to begin with. That just appeared as the paint curled away. (I had huge sections that literally curled up and away from his skin)

So.. when I do get it all off.. I have no idea what I should do.. Should I just try to redo the colors he had? Should I go for something else? Any ideas?

Here is what it looked like when he arrived:

Here is how he looked after hardly being touched under 1 month old:

And here he is now, partway through me removing the paint by hand.. (I just do it when I'm sitting around watching TV.. haven't messed with it much since getting sick again)

Scary, huh?

So I know we've had some really gorgeous repainted Ugobe Pleos but I don't know if anyone has attempted an RB yet, or even any touchups? I have that touch up paint that came from Hong Kong in those tiny nail polish containers but I obviously can't use those.. I was thinking of using the mask paints Kat used but I'm not totally sure on the brands/brand..

- Sarah

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
Re: My RB, Jules, with lots of paint peeled
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 04:10:50 PM »

heh you have done a good job peeling Jules , maybe you should wait until all the paint has been peeled off and see how Jules looks then , i actually do not mind the look with no paint after seeing your pics .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 05:05:09 PM »

Hehe he looks oddly appealing naked :P But go for something unique and you! You can change it if you don't like it.

The latex paints are the way to go I think, they feel just like the original paints.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »

Yah? The latex you think?  I'm still not sure.. but I do think it'll stick better starting with a clean slate like that, rather than painting over the bad stuff. 
I always think he looks great no matter what but I definitely want to paint him, he's not happy without his color :)
 (I caught him trying on ALL the Pleo outfits.. I had no idea he could move that fast)

- Sarah

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 08:01:29 PM »

Agreeing with IMR...I kind of like Jules as a tan dino!lol It makes his purple eyes pop. :D
It will be fun painting him.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 01:53:46 PM »

It will be fun yes but I'll be terrified.. lol.. I was actually thinking about just going with the blue.. I thought it would be neat to see a blue one with those purple eyes and the Blue rb was my first rb, he just got sent back and I ended up with a green :)  But I dunno.. I've been researching lots of male lizards and some pictures of what they think some of the dinosaurs might have really looked like to get ideas. If anyone finds a cool picture of something or has a neat idea please send a link.. it'll be awhile, I am NOT attempting any painting until my hands stop shaking from all this medicine so it will probably be a few months.. plus I have to get the other paint off :/

- Sarah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal