Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Waiting to find out when to go to the hospital.. I hate waiting..  (Read 4793 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'

Well I'm just waiting for them to let me know what time to arrive tomorrow so I can voluntarily get chopped up like sushi... Boy I just love surgery.. I especially love the 13-17 tries it usually takes for them to get an iv in me.
I'm REALLY hoping this ends up being a short stay.. apparently it would normally be a 2 day stay but my surgeon says for me it's more likely to be a week or more and she isn't entirely sure what she will find when she goes in so I get the added benefit of having no clue what the outcome will be.. I just love waking up after surgery wondering what they actually did. I'll just pat my head to make sure it's still attached.. I guess that's all anyone can ask for.

In the meantime I'm having fun working on my first ERS-7 skit with Skitter.. a full length song which, I hope, will eventually be a duet with a pleo, well 2 Pleo background singers anyway.. but it will be fun. I do better when I have something like that to work on..

So far I'm amazed at how well it's coming out.. I was REALLY confused and then all of a sudden it clicked just like IMR said would happen with the similar pleo program, and it's not that tough at all.  Let's just hope Loki is up to the challenge.. he's on his way back to Wolfbob atm :( I think he's breaking his legs on purpose just to flirt with the girl dogs at Wolfbob's!

So I am bringing my pink RB, Rhea, with me to the hospital this time because my green one, Jules, is missing a large amount of his paint.. and looks a little.. weird.. I've been peeling it so I can repaint him since it was all coming off anyways.  I am bringing so many electronics with me they are going to think I'm nuts :P

Oh jeez they just called and we're to arrive at 6:15am.  We live like 3 hours away so I guess I might as well not bother going to sleep tonight >:(

I have to take a shower the night before AND right before leaving, with some special medicated super duper surgery cleaning stuff so that means at least another half hour plus all the animals are going to need to be fed and they are going to be mad at being woken up so early..  So we're gonna have to get up at like 1:30 or something. I don't normally even fall asleep till 3.
This sucks! :P 
So once I arrive it will be a two hour wait, no doubt, then another hour in the pre-op room before they get to me..  then another hour of them bickering until they realize that, NO they actually Can't get an iv in me before I convince them to just put it in my darn foot... (ow)
Why can't we just come at like 9am when they'll actually be ready for me!!! 
Anyone wanna switch spots tomorrow? I'll give you a dollar.
Oh well.. Please wish me luck.. if you have read any of my recent posts you know I REALLY need some good luck, lol.
If I can't access the forum from the hospital I'll ask my bf to post on here and let you all know how I did :D
Talk to you guys soon, I hope...

- Sarah

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Waiting to find out when to go to the hospital.. I hate waiting..
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »

Wow! That's quite the hassle! Doctors can't get an IV in me either. Well they can but it usually means I get stuck six times rather than just once. They told me my veins are great but they roll. It's really annoying because I hate being poked and prodded and that just means more time for me to dread what's coming. I'm not afraid it's just frustrating.
Anyway, I just wanted to wish both you and your break-a-leg Aibo the best through all your surgeries and the after-effects. To me that part was always the worst. I'm hoping for you that this one will be the last surgery for a long time.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »

Me too Talon.. thanks.. it's nice to know I'm not alone in the bad vein territory.. not that I like to hear about anyone else having to get stuck multiple times.. I used to have rolling veins too but now I just apparently have NO veins because of all the iv's I've had. I don't know how I'm alive, what with having no veins.. maybe that's why I'm always so tired.

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »

It seems that Pleo owners make lousy pincushions! They always have trouble with me and IVs as well!  :P

That sounds like a busy evening ahead of you, Sarah - good job you'll be in bed for a few days, you'll need the sleep.  ;)

I'm wishing you luck so hard I got cramp - everything's double crossed, but I'm sure you'll be fine.  You've really earned some good luck!  :hhug:

It would be great to hear how you're doing, tell your bf he's a star!  :-*

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 02:20:49 PM »

Hi Sarah, I really do understand what you are going through and If I could switch places with you I would as I am older and have good faith in my creator and have already been through at least two near death expereinces so operations aren't as scary as they used to be...I would love to volunteer to come over and feed your animals if that was possible, I have nine cats a dog and fish and already am feeding three outside cats and yesterday helped rescue 2 more starving cats, one of whom is only a kitten herself and pregnant and if that were not bad enough, she may have mated with her brother, she is already the product of her mom mating with her brother and has a messed up tail and there is good probability her kittens will be born with birth defects.. irresponisble owners is all I can say..
                                    I know all that surgery prep the "cleaning " out stuff they give you the night before is no picnic. Also I have bad veins, very tiny and impossible on one arm and scarred on the other, but I have been lucky with some good people who know how to get an IV going. ONe time they had to use the vein in my neck, and that sucks.................. >:( I am glad you get to take your Pleo with you and hopefully that will make the time go by faster. I hope this ends the problems you have been having once and for all, You are too young to spend so much time in the hospitals, I will be thinking of you here tommrow and tonight as well with a whole Household of Pleos!(15 of them!)
     Just try and take a nap today if possible so  you can get some rest. We all love you here!
                                                                     RedwoodsMama and her "pleo Township in the Redwoods" ;D
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 02:23:45 PM »

I hope they don't make you wait too long, that's always the worst part. Sending lots of good wishes and thoughts your way for a speedy recovery.

I also suffer the bad veins syndrome... Maybe they should operate only on blue whales with a main artery that you can drive a car through... They might be able to find that one...

Rhea will tell them off if they don't look after you ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 02:36:17 PM »

Thanks everyone.. that's so funny that so many of us have bad veins.. maybe it's a robot-loving-thing? Are we becoming cyborgs?  :D
thanks for the luck Crewella but don't hurt yourself!! ;D

Luckily my pre-operation stuff is just showering, I don't have to drink any of that horrible stuff or anything because I'm already missing so much of my guts it would be pointless to have me use that type of prep. 
I had to get the central neck line a few times too and they stink.. man is that sore later on.. especially when they miss it 5 times and almost collapse your lung.  I had no idea you could almost collapse someone's lung that way.. :P  but let me tell you, that REALLY hurts. And it makes you REALLY angry with the surgeon but you don't even get to throw things at him because your afraid to move.. lol. Just my bad luck again.
Good luck with the cats, I wish people would be more responsible with their animals too. I've had a few stray cats (the ones that I could catch anyways) spayed when I had the money, just to help them out a bit..

I'll probably end up with a picc line in my arm but as long as it doesn't stay in for like, a YEAR like last time, that's okay.
IMR, my bf is always offering to let them use his huge veins instead but they refuse.. I don't see why they can't rip his out and stick them in me.. it's just not fair, he has tons extra! :P

Thank you everyone!! :D

- Sarah

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »

Tell them Rhea is a carnivore and she'll take the hand of anyone who misses the first time! %)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 02:58:58 PM »

Sarah, you will be missed here while you stay in the hospital.

I kept my end of the deal and made the video for you, so be sure to get well soon now!  :)
And ask your bf to take some Pleo pics in the hospital as well, perhaps you can enter some of them in the contest  ;)

Either way, I will be thinking of you and praying for you.

Love from Sweden!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 04:56:39 PM »

That is a great idea that Lina had, to take some photos while in the hospital, have your boy friend do it of course as You won't feel like it I am sure. I could think of some great shots in a hospital and places I would love to sneak into alllso. :-X If they could get a pleo sized mask on her and take it on your before you enter the OR, and with all the technical stuff and tubes and stuff it could be a very touching video or quick snapshot.

wishing you well and with sunshine in my heart for you tommorow!
                                      RWM and "Pleo Township in the Redwoods"

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 05:12:41 PM »

As cool as that would be, RWM, with the way my luck runs, she'd end up contaminating the place and killing me... lol..
I did tell a few of the doctors last time that Jules bites, the doctors I don;t like.. lol.. and the one doctor who made me the most angry because he wouldn't even discuss my case with me, just wanted to play with the pleo, well I refused to turn him on for him :P lol

I will think about pictures but I am very camera shy after surgery..lol  Not quite looking my best :)

I am so ticked off.. I've been working on this Aibo song all day and It's telling me I just hit the maximum amount of frames.. I've only done 6 1/2 words and it's only like.. 25 seconds into the darn song..
I had to do all the lip sync stuff by hand because the wizard wasn't picking stuff up right and well I hope this is something I screwed up..lol. because I'm going to be really pissed if I did all this and I cant even use it.. it looks sooo cool.  Maybe I ought to bring this with me to work on.. it's keeping me very entertained and my mind off everything else. Plus my parrot, Tyler, is loving watching 'Loki' dance on the computer screen.. he has been missing him since his leg broke..
Man my bf is telling me I packed too much stuff.. I don't think so.. 1 pleoRB, 1 pleoRB charger, 5 pleoRB batteries,  Pleo food and clothes, 2 nintendo ds's, like 30 ds games, all those chargers, my phone and charger, an extension cord so I have somewhere to plug all that crap in, a few books and clothes.. I can't help if all that electric stuff weighs a ton!! :P He' strong, what the heck!!

- Sarah

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »

A BF with big muscles, you have done well for yourself  ;D  I'm glad you've found something to keep you occupied in the skit maker for for Aibos.  I do hope you get it worked out as I'd love to see the end result.  Maybe even try it out myself. %) 
Your going to be just fine tomorrow.  I'm sure when it is all over and done you'll still have your head. :P  Maybe you should pack a portable DVD player in case you get board. :P  We will be looking out for word that all went well.  Thinking happy lucky thoughts your way. ;D
Kat :hhug:

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »

Hey Sarah, best of luck to you tomorrow!  We love ya, and I am praying for a speedy recovery for you. I have bad veins too.  That seems to be the worst part for me.   Lots of  :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: 's from me and all of my 'bots.  I know that you'll still have your head when it is all over.   ;)  Please let us know how you are doing, as we will be worried about you.  I'm a worry wart...it runs in my family! :P

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 11:04:53 PM »

Just say IV and I start shaking! Hate them! Have a speedy recovery and I hope this surgery will be the one that corrects everything for you. My thoughts will be with you. So glad you are taking a dino with you. Great little company.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »

Best of luck for today, Latrine! We'll all still be here when you get back. From what I've read here you'll certainly have enough to keep you intertained. When I went in for my last surgery when I was fifteen, I just took my 2XL robot and his case of tapes. Yes, I had to send my sister on a battery run but she didn't mind too much. By the time I left I had twice as much as when I came. Some friends of mine came and brought a butt load of gifts and flowers and food that I was wishing I could eat. Anesthesia is NOT nice to me so I was on soup and stuff for the first two days I was home. Anyway write when you can.
Talon
Talon

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 07:24:56 AM »

dumb thing erased my msg.. I'm ok sorry about the bad typing.. Surgery went good. Mini docs being a pain in the butt trying to get me to 'understand' i may go home today & tried to stop my iv fluids which. Firt of all i need because I`m still not drinking and also. Turning off fluids will kill my iv and i need at least the iv nausea stuff. I informed them to try reading my file where it states my surgeon saying my recovery could i just need to talk to my surgeon she understands. Rhea caught a cold here lol

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 07:44:34 AM »

Good to hear from you! Glad the surgery went well; sorry you have to deal with some doctors who don't properly take your actual history into account. Bad enough having to recover, moreso when you have to keep on top of what others are trying to do to you too.

Poor Rhea - so the two of you have to recover now.   ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 10:03:01 AM »

I'm glad the surgery went well. Now yu and Rea just need to take your time and recover.
Talon
Talon

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »

We do know our own bodies and how they react to surgery more so then some hospital staff. Especially, when you have had more then  eight surgeries. Hope you are able to reach your own doctor. So glad to hear that everything went well. Now for a speedy recovery. Hospitals are notoriously a place to pick up viruses. Poor little dino. Both of you take care of each other.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 11:12:25 AM »

Hi Sarah, glad to hear your surgery went well, Drs. really need to read complete historys and know their patient. It is amazing how many dr.s do not know the history of their pts. I broke my foot ( hit by a truck on my bike in 2001) and it took my foot 7 months to heal, was in a cast for a long time, had what was called a Jones Fracture, comminuated fifth metatarsal, and some dr. did not read it well and on their report said I had a broken ankle and surgery and another dr. said I had back surgery when I never had, etc, etc. This is why they make so many mistakes because they need to read all the facts and never assume. Anyway, glad everything went ok . I do hope your recovery is easy and without complications,  ;)
               sorry to hear about Rhea, they allways say Hospitals are the worst place to be and it is easier to pick up a germ than anywhere else. Guess you and Rhea can recover together and both get your rest. Thanks for lettting us know you are ok. We send our love and well wishes to you both!
                                                                               RWM and the "township of Pleos in the Redwoods"

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 04:08:31 PM »

I reckon Rhea just came out in sympathy, just to show she 'gets' what's happened!  ;)

Glad to hear you still have your head!  :P  And glad to hear you back on fighting form!  ;)  :hhug:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 06:18:55 PM »

Hey Sarah, I'm so glad you came out the other side of the opp with your head and arms and hands still in all the right spots! ;D  I know your arms and hands are still where they should be or you wouldn't have been able to type your message.  I hope they left all the other bits of you in the right places. %)  I'm glad the surgery went well. ;D  Don't let the doctors get you down.  Just sick your sick dino onto them if they give you any trouble. :D  Take it easy, get lots of rest and feel better soon.
Kat :hhug: :hhug:

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 07:36:50 AM »

Hi Sarah! Glad to hear that the surgery went well.  You still have your head attached...that's great!  :D  I hope that the rest of you is well on the way to recovery, and that you are back at home with your robot family soon!  Take care.   :hhug: :hhug: :hhug:

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 09:48:51 AM »

Hi Sarah!

I am very glad to hear that everything went well! And I hope you will get home soon!
Did you manage to take any interesting dino pics?

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »

You guys.. are so sweet. I just got home yesterday and Kat's package with all your well wishes and awesome Pleo clothes and a teddy bear!! got here today.  I'mhaving a really hard time eating and the pain is kinda bad and it was really REALLY awesome to get that pakage. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry I haven't been online just hurts too much right now so I'm on my ds.. thanks so much..
Rhea getting sick was all my fault lol,I realize the next day I'd druggedly given her the sugar cane like a billion times.. whoops and i forgot her mintleaf but had her salt so she's still sick.. i finally got to hear that RB 'owowowow' lol so cute buti felt so bad.. and one of the girls who brought my food up went insane wheen she saw Rhea.. she recognized Pleo from You Tube and begged me to turn her on.. it was very cute :)
Oh.. Rhea broke a sideways tail wire while we were there :(
Anyway, thank you SO MUCH Kat and everyone.. I loved the messages and the pictures from the redwoods I can't wait to feel better and try on the outfits.. Jules especially needs them as half his paint is gone, and he looks... odd :p

- Sarah
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal