Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspicious seller on Ebay  (Read 3452 times)

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female
Suspicious seller on Ebay
« on: July 20, 2011, 04:19:51 AM »

Hey guys.

Right last week I was watching this exact Pleo on Ebay and was cautious about bidding because she only has 30% positive feedback! So emailed to ask if I could pick him up and pay cash on collection. Got no reply, thought i'd chance it and bid up to £50 as i'd be covered by Paypal and would still insist that I could pick him up. Anyway I didn't win him, think he went for about £60-80. Which just seems what they're going for roughly on Ebay at the moment so I thought it was odd since her feedback is atroucious and there's still a couple of others.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREAT-CONDITION-UGLOBE-PLEO-ELECTRONIC-DINOSAUR-ROBOT-/320730995336?pt=UK_Toys_ElectronicPets_RL&hash=item4aad0e9a88

So I look today and here he is, same stock image, same seller with appalling feedback. I guess it was shill bidding on the one before and she's relisted him but thought i'd warn anyone watching, she just seems like trouble.

-I speak Tegu-

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Suspicious seller on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:58:34 AM »

Along with the current crop of 'Uglobe' Pleos that seem to have sprung up I'd noticed that as well - my first thought was it might be a hijacked account - dormant since 2009 and now a rash of no show sales.  Whatever, with those 9 negs in a row that seller will not be long for the world of Ebay!!  Definitely avoid until then, you're right! :o

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 05:09:51 AM »

It's a shame, lol I have the Pleo bug and must get Squishy a friend. I know Squishy hasn't arrived yet but I already know this is a must, lol. I doubt tegu will play with him :)
-I speak Tegu-

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 07:06:51 AM »

I'm not sure if this option will be the easiest for you but RedwoodsMama has a sort of adoption agency for Ugobe pleos. I can vouch for her that she will only sell something that works and is in good condition and provides lots of photos and videos of the product in use. I bought both my Ugobes from her and if one day I should ever buy a third- which I'm not planning to but who knows- I'll buy it from her. Good luck in finding Squishy a friend!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:05 AM »

Oh that's cute, thanks for the heads up :)
-I speak Tegu-

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 04:24:57 AM »

Lol so I emailed her just for laughs and asked if I could pick it up again this time and I got a reply.

"Hi there

I wouldn't allow pick ups but I would be happy to drop within a 10 mole radius of bluewater.

Regards
Kelly"

Lol

-I speak Tegu-

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 05:28:55 AM »

Maybe if you suggested cash on delivery as payment option then that would be ok.

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 06:22:33 AM »

Right ahead of you Kat. I highly doubt i'll get a response. To be honest I was just curious to see what she was going to say, she's not worth the hassle since the Pleo has already been relisted and her feedback is 30%.
-I speak Tegu-

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 01:24:12 PM »

Yeah I asked the seller some questions as well.. if it's the same one she's just using a stock photo and not describing the pleo, it's condition or what it comes with.. then there's someone else selling one with a huge rip in the tail saying its a 'crease' now that CAN be fixed, sewing is probly best, but it may rip more and it's not worth as much..  just crummy to be saying it's a crease when in the photo someone who has pleos can tell it's a rip/tear in the normal are from being left for so long.. makes me want to see the underbelly/armpits/neck.. etc.. ya know?

And what is with the sudden rush of ugobes?  some guy was trying to sell some for nearly the same price as RB's.. i emailed him and asked if he was mistaken in his ad and it was an RB because of the price and he said no it's a ugobe he sells them here for this CORRECT price all the time.. that's funny since I check every day and he's never sold one before.. idiots:P
$439 bucks for a used ugobe pleo? I love the Ugobe models, don't get me wrong but at that price it better do my laundry.

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »

One friendly word of advice, no matter how much you want to believe in this seller or that they will deliver, and I hope they do,  protect yourself and if you have not recieved your item in Ten days Business time and the seller gives you the run around, do like said and open up a case with Paypal. It takes longer to get things done because this seller is from another country, and nothing personal, but I will not sell to Italy, or several other countries anymore, because they have a norotorious reputation pOstal wise, as havng mail stolen and lost and you are lucky to get things if mailed from there and esp to there from the US. Their customs is terrible and sometimes it takes more than 30 days once a package arrives for the person who lives in Italy to even get their package from the states, ( or elsewhere) I learned the hard way to quit mailing there, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have to open a case. What kind of feedback did this seller have, not so much if it was 100%, but also what was the number? And read old posts were the things being sold to others outside of Italy? Just remember if you wait more than 30 days total before you open a case, it is too late to open a case and you are not protected so do not let this person keep putting you off with excuses! Good luck

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 02:06:03 AM »

Thank you RWM but the Pleo i'm getting from Italy is not this one. The one from Italy has 100% feedback and generally seems a good seller. They've kept in contact the whole time however I will be opening a dispute if he's not here in a couple of days.
-I speak Tegu-

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 08:41:50 AM »

It's a good sign that the seller's been in contact, and the Italian postal system is notoriously slow.  As could be seen from when Zillah arrived, we're none too speedy in the UK when it comes to incoming goods!  Personally, I'd give it until the end of the week - even the postal system has a set time you have to wait before they will declare something lost.  I'm willing Squishy home soon!  :)

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »

Thank you hun! I'm just getting a bit fed up. Poste Italiane think it should have been here within 7 working days from dispatch so that would have been Monday at the absolute latest. The seller doesn't seem to be worried though and he does seem genuine and his feedback is good and we did it all through Paypal so who knows?
-I speak Tegu-

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 10:05:20 AM »

I still get amazed at sellers that don't realise that tracking is there to protect THEM and not the buyer!  If you put in an item not received and your seller cannot provide a tracking number that proves delivery, then you'll get your money back from Paypal.  So you can afford to wait a little - it's just annoying having to.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 10:20:59 AM »

Am I correct that the seller did not provide tracking? what was the method of shipping, was it Priority mail international, because if it was, there is allways a tracking number, Whenever I buy on ebay and when I sell, I allways provide tracking, which is either free or very cheap, and as Crewella says, it not only lets you know where the item is, it protects the seller! I hope Squishy gets there soon! Oh, is this the seller who has good feedback and sells lots of Pleos?
                                                                     RWM

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 11:21:54 AM »

Yes it is hun. And he's kept in contact all the time so i'm very happy with his service at the moment, Pleo has just not arrived when I was advised that's all and when there's a language barrier it gets confusing.
-I speak Tegu-

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »

If and when Squishy finally does arrive, will he be speaking Italian Pleoese?  :o

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 03:28:21 PM »

Well, legallyl you have 30 days from the time of sell or Payment to open a dispute case, so to give the seller the benifit of the doubt, since as Crewellas said, ITALY is Notorious for having a very lax and laid back slow postal system...... ;)Nothing you or the seller can do will change that, so it is useless to try. What I would do is mark on your calendar the date of payment and mark on your calender 30 days from there with a big red marker as a FLAG to make sure you don't get to that date. Then count 14 business days from the date of payment, and do count Saturdays, but not Sundays as mail is delivered on Saturdays. So with two full weeks, that would be 12 days, and add two more and when you get to the number 13 business day, make sure if Squishy is not there the next payment date, then do open a dispute with Paypal, They will protect you, that is their job. It used to be Seller protection, now it is aimed at Seller satisfaction, andI know as I have had to open a dispute before, right here in the states with someone who had 100% positive feedback, but they lied about the condition of the Pleo.  :( >:(( on a good note, I got 100% of my money back and they were given negative feedback, which had their 100 % positive feedback drop to 85% with ONE negative feedback. No reliable honest seller on ebay, ( and I am sure in any country wants that kind of number)

It sounds like you have nothing to worry about, but that is also what I thought and boy was I wrong, I even offered to keep the Pleo with a lower price what I considered fair since this Pleo was supposed to be "unhatched", but the seller was not polite, a jerk and got what he deserved, his Pleo back, I got my money and he got negative feedback and has since sold nothing on ebay which shows a lot.  Just be sure to protect yourself, no matter how polite or nice a person seems, there is allways the first time that something can go wrong or something is just strange. I would think from what I read you have had more than 10 days now, so by the end of this week, on Friday, you should file a dispute, the seller knows it is just to play it safe and if the pleo shows up, nothing to worry about either.         Good luck and hope you have your Pleo soon!

RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 03:53:51 PM »

It may be different in the US, RWM.  In the UK the buyer has longer than that - I believe it's 45 days from the date of payment to open a dispute with both eBay and Paypal buyer protection.  Remember, the rules will vary from country to country according to local consumer rights and laws.  The buyer then has 20 days to escalate the claim once the dispute has been opened.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/item-not-received.html

https://www.paypal-marketing.co.uk/safetyadvice/BuyerProtectionOffEbay.htm

Again, I'm sorry to be picky - I heartily and absolutely agree with the main body of your post, and the intention behind it, you are quite right to tell potential buyers to be very careful and not to believe everything (or indeed anything) they're told.  Especially if it causes them to lose an opportunity to get their money back!  :o  :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:57:26 PM by Crewella »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 03:56:07 PM »

We have thirty days here in Australia, but yes make sure you open the dispute on the last day, or perhaps the day before in case you've miscalculated a day, you can easily close it if Squishy does turn up in the meantime. It won't be resolved overnight. It is very unfortunate that your first foray into the world of Pleo seems to be going so badly :(

If you check your Paypal account they should be able to tell you what you need to know.

Edit: Here in Australia you also need to include every day from the date of purchase including Sunday's.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:58:39 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »

Here is the page that basically tells you the rights you have no matter which ebay site you are on, though the time may be slightly longer or shorter. Hope this helps some. Good luck, It does mention the UK EBAY SITE.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/international-resolution.html

this is how to open a case and how it escalates and tells you an idea of the timeframe,  I have been selling since 2004, so I have been on both sides but luckily nothing against my favor, and I have learned to not let the time go by and lose out by not opening a case and giving the person too much time, either.                                    RedwoodsMama  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 06:12:47 PM »

You're right, RWM - there's no point in leaving it for a long time just for the sake of it and risking the whole issue slipping your mind.  Opening a dispute can be very useful as a 'prod' to kick a lazy seller into posting and answering your emails.  In a case like this though, when the seller is answering emails and says they have sent it, especially when dealing with international transactions and shipping, it can't hurt to give the seller just a few days grace.  The dishonest sellers of this world not only prey on the poor unsuspecting bidders, they also create an atmosphere of fear that makes life so much harder for the honest ones.  :(

Sorry - I forget I'm no longer on the eBay forums!!  I'll stop banging on about it now!!  %)  :-[

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 06:36:49 PM »

I have done two disputes with eBay, on each occasion I have waited until the last possible moment for them to respond. It's not a nice thing to have to do.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »

I agree IMR, disputes are not fun and both of my cases were with buyers one who would not pay for an object and we mutually agreed to drop it, as if somebody does not want the object there is no sense in making them pay for something they dont like, creating a air of dis enchantment and then having them possibly leave negative feedback. The last one was for the Pleo that was not as advertised. I did recieve the object, but not as described. They allways encourage you to try and work out the problem with the seller, or buyer, ( visa versa) and when you try and can't work things out or they refuse to talk to you, that is when you open a case, First I contacted the seller who would not respond, ( I luckily had video taped opening the pleo box, wiser as time goes by, protect yourself allways!) then when the seller would not answer my emails and questions and it had been a full week since receiving it, and about 17 days since paying for Pleo, I opened the dispute case. Ebay contacts the seller and that prompts them in most cases to contact you and try and work things out. The seller did not want to admit the Pleo was not what he advertised and sounded like he was going to work things out, asking me if I wanted a reduction and what I thought was fair. ( I paid $149.50 for a 'Un hatched NEW Pleo) plus shipping, The Pleo not only had been Hatched the ID card, Manual and USB cable were missing as was the paint from Pleo's mouth. I told HIm I thought since items were missing and Pleo was used, ( but in good condition body wise and paint except for the teeth) that I thought $110.00 was fair, as this was about the average Price for a Used Pleo on ebay last March, and this one has items missing also.  The seller never responded after that even getting nasty and would not respond to Ebays messages either, We communicated for about two weeks and when there were about five days left I decided to close the case and escalate it to where Ebay decides the outcome and in who's favor. Luckily they had no problem finding in my favor. I tryed to work with the seller and would have rather have kept the Pleo, but not for the price he sold for when not as described. so I have opened disputes for items not as described, not having not recieved the item is harder cause you do want to give them the benifit of the doubt, slow mail, Just do not wait untill it is the last minute, Give yourself just enough time to be comfortable with your deicison. I am sure it will all work out. There are strange things that have happened to me before where batteries I sold vanished and the person got an "empty envelope" so I had to send a new battery to the buyer or risk getting negative feedback. Somewhere between US customs and the country it went to, the contents Vanished...
                                                        RedwoodsMama

EmeraldSapphirez

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 02:43:52 AM »

Thank you for all your advise people.

I completed the transaction on the 13th of July. He reckons he posted the Pleo on the 15th.
He just sent me this:

"i have ship in date 15 luglio cc013765254it"

He used Poste Italiane. Poste Italiane's website say that economy delivery to Europe is 6 working days plus the posting day; so 7 days. It's now been 8 working days not including Saturdays. I have emailed him again for proof of postage. Maybe he can scan his receipt etc...?

Humph i'm so fed up waiting for my little Squishy :(
-I speak Tegu-
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal