Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Pleos: What type of Pleo is this?  (Read 2041 times)

PleoPerson

• Hatchling
  • Female
New to Pleos: What type of Pleo is this?
« on: August 30, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »

Hello, I'm rather new to this. I was questioning what type of Pleo this is. I'm pretty sure its 2nd gen but not positive.

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
Re: New to Pleos: What type of Pleo is this?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 06:46:52 PM »

That is the gold hatch =the first few Ugobe pleos ever sold and comes with a golden ID card
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

PleoPerson

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 06:56:58 PM »

Okay thanks.  :) were there any issues with this model? Would it be worth it to buy that Pleo for around $70?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 06:59:12 PM by PleoPerson »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 06:59:19 PM »

It looks like a Ugobe original model Pleo to me, If it is a Gold Hatch as MariaOcean said, I would like to see the Gold ID card, as I dont see it in this photo, and other than the Gold ID card, there is no difference between the ones that came with one and those without, except the production line, only 2,000 made. ( I own one and I also think Bob the Pleo is one.) Please post the ID card for identification. It is not the second generation as they say Innvo Labs on the box, not Ugobe if you look on the front or back you will see the name.
                 Either way, congrats on your Pleo.
                                                                     RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 07:02:19 PM »

What condition is the skin in, and have you turned it on yet, infact do you have it yet, or is it on route to you, via Ebay for example? The biggest issue with Ugobe Pleos is they have necks that can break over time with no warning, other than that, the batteries are usually dead after sitting in the boxes over a period of two to three years, but you can allways get a new battery.WAs this advertised as a new or used Pleo? For $70.00 I would be sure used and with some general skin wear and wear to the teeth, but that is nothing major as all Pleos get skin rubs after awhile of "loveing" Please post more photos.
                                                        RWM

PleoPerson

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »

Hello RedWoodsMama, it does say "Pleo: A UGOBE lifeform" on it so it is most likely and original. . :) (Big fan of your youtube videos by the way  8)

I don't have it yet. I found it online. It is in mint condition its only been turned on once or twice. The skin looks to be good too. I wish there were more photos. There are only 2.  :( Will UGOBE take it back and fix it if it breaks? I'll have to ask the seller how old it is.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:18:25 PM »

HI, I thought this looked familiar. This is listed on ebay and I saw it a couple of days ago, I emailed the seller and asked, how can you list something Used as Mint, They got nasty, and said, If you know anything about Pleos you know you can "reset them to original" what they meant was that this had been used a few times but not played with. I asked more questions and they told me they got bored with this Pleo cause it did not live up to the interactions they thought possible, so they put it back in the box and it has been sitting there for a couple of years. I also asked what the operating system was and they said the original which is 1.0. So it is hatched but is supposed to be in good condition with good skin.
                If you win this I reccomend to videotape opening the box, only because I had a bad expereince with somebody that advertised a Pleo as "unhatched" in Mint New condition, and it had not only been hatched, but also had wear to skin and the white on the teeth worn off and missing items, the USB cable, instruction book and ID card . Most people are fairly trustworthy on Ebay, but one person's idea of MINT or NEW Condition can be different than someone elses. With four days left to go, this will go higher of course, usually the last four hours or less. Good luck with bidding,. Personally I like more photos and that is the only way to know exactly what Pleo looks like. If the person is not willing to show more photos, ( it is easy to take out of the box and take photos an rebox without damaging Pleo in any way, ) they are either lazy, or trying to hide a small flaw or just don't care. I don't bid on Pleos that I can't see the whole body and too many times somthing happens, splits in skin, neck or tail that are hard to see even in photos unless large, and rubs are fairly easy to see. If you videotape opening the box though, it proves the condition it is in when you open and if for example you find it has a split tiny or otherwise on the fragile neck, then you have evidence you did not cause it and can get a lower price from the seller or refund your money if you are not happy with the Pleo.Between now and Christmas there will be more and more Pleos out there, so you can afford to get the one you want that is as good as you want. Good luck, and thanks for telling me you like my videos. I and my Pleos appreciate it! ;)
                                                                  RWM

PleoPerson

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 07:22:48 PM »

RWM, Again, Thank you so much.  :D If I win I will definantly video tape the opening. Where do you get your pleos?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »

$70 is a good price, I wouldn't pay more than $100 or so, even for a gold hatch.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 09:44:23 PM »

TBH I'm not quite sure how the subject of 'gold hatch' came up - it looks like a standard old Ugobe Pleo to me, like most of mine.  If it IS running 1.0 then it will be one of the older models, but that's not necessarily a problem - mine are all going strong.  Just make sure you ask the right questions, as others have said, and definitely don't pay more than $100.  It will be out of warranty (remember Ugobe no longer exist to send it back to), so you have to get it right - if the seller won't oblige you with more pics I'd go and find another seller that will.  Don't buy in too much of a hurry.

Good luck - as long as you buy carefully, I'm sure you'll love being a Pleo owner!  But then, I'm slightly biased! ;) :D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 10:45:09 AM »

Definitely be careful and maybe ask for more pictures. when they have been sitting for a long time they sometimes have some trouble with the rubber skin weakening, like an old rubber band sitting in a drawer..I think, from the picture, that it looks like it's in the correct position but we don't know if that's how it was stored or not.. I'd ask for photos of both sides, the top and esp the underside, armpits and stuff.. RWM is right when she says to videotape opening it, very good idea. Best of luck!!!

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 05:00:58 PM »

PleoPerson , I am sure you gave up on bidding on this Pleo long ago, and it ended yesterday, the 4th, and as you can see, sold for twice more than the $70.00 you were hoping for. ( they almost allways sell for at least $100.00 unless they have tears, etc, something missing.) As you can see this guy went for $145.00. and betweeen now and Christmas they will only increase in price, in general that is. Some sell for more than $200.00, some in this area and a few less. I was surprised that there were so many people bidding on this, 11 bidders, usally it seems like 5-8 people bidding. Anyway, thought I would post the results. And IMR, it is going to be difficult to find a Pleo on Ebay, at least in the US, that is going to sell for only $100.00 or less in this condition , unless there is something missing or tears, etc as I said. I watch them all the time so I have a good idea what they sell for , and the ones that sell for the area of $80.00 or so are far and few and don't stay listed long, I know because I have grabbed them before someone else sees them, and usually they are a buy it now or are missing boxes etc which does not matter to me. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280731103630&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123   More will continue to show up in next few months. Good luck.
                                        RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »

The reason I said less than $100 is because they didn't show enough pictures, it always makes me suspect the worse. It is cheap and easy to put photos on ebay I just don't understand why people won't take the extra couple of minutes to show their product in the best way possible.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 05:34:54 PM »

IMR you are right and they are just cheap in my humble opinon when they won't show pictures and this pleo is used, even if it is in Like New condition, it is used and an orignal running the 1.0 operating system, I won't bid on Pleos that sellers won't show more photos  or answer my questions, too much that can go wrong and there are enough of them out there  that I can afford to wait for a good one I know what it looks like. ;) I am just glad it wasn't someone on the forums that bid on this and won, cause I have a feeling there is something being hidden, and definitly not "mint" condition.
                                               RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 07:45:24 PM »

I'd also like to know why they didn't at least pull the plastic back to show the actual product. It will be interesting to see the feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal