Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Terrible distributor in China, HK, Macau and Taiwan : Chinatete  (Read 3449 times)

leongaj

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male

I really disappointed by the distributor : Chinatete.  I can't find any online store in Hong Kong except the unofficial store which is Gimmedigi.  Chinatete website is totally outdated and they don't sell the accessories like the learning stones.  For Hong Kong users, all you get is the support telephone number only. Their online store is mainly for users in Mainland China and their online store is really terrible and I don't really understand why Innvo Labs gave them the distribution right.  Some of the accessories are overpriced as well such as the Pleo Cape. 

From the website, it mentioned that PleoRB is selling hot in Hong Kong but you hardly find them in any electronics store here in Hong Kong.  Come on, Innvo Labs, please choose a better distributor.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Re: Terrible distributor in China, HK, Macau and Taiwan : Chinatete
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 02:45:44 PM »

Google " Chinatete"  you get this: 进入PLEO中文网. © Copyright 2010 Innvo Labs Corporation All Rights Reserved.  I believe they are the actual manufacturer, not just a distributor, like gimmedigi.

They are ALL made in hong kong, all of the rb's, the greens and the colored ones. Thats what Derek told me that on the phone when I called about my original RB who was really screwed up and needed replacement immediately...
He said he wishes they hadn't chosen china as the manufacturer but I doubt he meant it as that's the cheapest way to go. 
The Customer service in the US is horrible, the best service I've had with Pleos, so far, is with gimmedigi, they seem to respond almost immediately to any problems I've had with my Pink RB..
But it took semi-threatening emails and phone calls and then finally posting public videos of my broken Pleo on YouTube with the names of the people refusing to respond to me for me to get anywhere with innvo in the states.  although I'm sure everyone has their differences with each company, it seems like the MAIN customer service is nonexistent.   
IMO, innvo doesn't seem to care as much about the US based folks, and other countries,  since, as you said, it is selling better in China.. Hard to find anything not made in China these days.. :( 
Best of luck, I hope your not having an issue with yours but if you are, best way I've found with the greens is to call the customer service number every single day on the main site and spam their main email.  I don't normally 'spam' anyone but when you need help with fixing your 500 dollar robot, they should freaking answer:P

- Sarah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal