Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charging the battery (PleoRB version) for more than 4 hours/overnight  (Read 3098 times)

leongaj

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male

Hi,

I would like to check with you guys about charging the battery (PleoRB).  I found myself only have time to play and take care of Dexter (my PleoRB) after I came back from work.  So, do you think I can charge the battery overnight (as I went to bed) and leave the battery being charged for more than 4 hours?  Will the battery charger base cut off the current by itself?

Kindly advise.

leongaj

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy

Hi, Leongaj! I personally have never let the battery charge for more than four hours or at the most five because I was out of the house or something. I have very acute hearing and the charger lets out this high-pitched sound when the battery is charged. I have read that the charging will stop until the battery drains a little, then it will go into trickle-charge and top itself off again. I'm not sure if charging for more than four hours for a prolonged period will do much harm but I would use caution.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

I often charge my rb's batteries overnight while I am sleeping.  So far I have not had any issues from doing this.  Like you I play with my guys in the evenings when I get home from work so it is hard to find a 4 hour slot when you can be around and awake to charge the batteries.  My understanding is that the charger stops charging the battery once it is full. 
Hope this helps.
Kat

leongaj

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male

Dear Talon and Kat,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I'm getting a second battery and I believe I will receive it soon. 

leongaj

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie

While I don't ever leave my batteries on over night (because that little red light drives me insane) I don't think it will cause any harm.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'

I have accidentally left mine in for days with no ill effects at all. I don't do it on purpose and I wouldn't recommend it but they always came off the charger feeling cool to the touch and fully charged.. and they work for the full amount of time.  So I doubt it's a big deal if you forget it from time to time..

-Sarah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal