Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another ripped Pleo on Ebay  (Read 2574 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Another ripped Pleo on Ebay
« on: May 21, 2011, 12:53:36 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270751342682

Just in case someone here was bidding on it and didn't notice.... the second picture of this Pleo clearly shows the rips in it's legs, probably from the position it was left in, in the box..  it's not in the 'great condition' they say it's in but it's not that easily visible if you don't look at the second picture and open it large to see the legs clearly. I wish there was some way to comment on things when you have good feedback.. ugh. Someone is going to get this and it's going to rip apart just like Patches did  ^-^

- Sarah

Lina

• Pleozoologist
Re: Another ripped Pleo on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 02:35:49 PM »

Hi Sarah.

I did look at the auction on ebay and noticed the same thing.
Poor poor Pleo

But with the prices on used Pleos with shipping to sweden I find myself noticing that I could might as well buy a new Ugobe for 199 with free shipping.

Well I hope the pleo gets a loving and caring home and that they can see him for whats inside and not just the outside

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 02:39:21 PM »

Yes I believe someone here purchased one of those new ones for 199, you'd definitely be better off that way if you want one that isn't damaged.

Wow.. I sent the person a message earlier kind of because I was ticked off about them saying great condition and they responded with this:

Dear shinylatrine,

Thanks for letting me know - I am going to remove the auction. I didn't even notice the rips when I looked at it - now that I am looking at it more carefully - there are rips in the neck too. Again, thank you for letting me know!

And then she removed the auction! It was already up to about $100 at the time too, pretty surprising!!  I wasn't expecting that at all.  I'm going to ask her what she plans to do with it, if she doesn't want too much I suppose Patches could do well with a naked mate of his own.. who knows. Skin would need to come off though, it's in a bad way

- Sarah
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 03:45:19 PM by latrine »

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 04:49:33 PM »

Did you guys see this?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270748450359&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Is it the norm for ugobes to rip this much?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 06:15:30 PM »

That's more just disintegrating.  The rubber has deteriorated with age, and possibly helped along by exposure to light or extreme temperatures.  It dries out and goes soft and crumbly, as all rubber does in the end.  Sadly, I suspect it will happen to us all eventually ................  :'(

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »

Yes it seems that if your pleo is left to sit unused for a long time or exposed to the elements and or just gets very very old then the skin will go that way. :( 
I would love to recommend the $199 pleo with free shipping to anyone out there that is thinking of buying.  The shipping costs for me made secondhand ones just too expensive (I live in Australia) and so I found I was better off going for one of these.  I now have my lovely little Minyon.  He came with two green batteries and all the accessories you expect and he was unused.  He is lovely and has no problems at all.  He only took a week to get to me which is about the same as many other things I have ordered on line.  So If you are tempted I say go for it.  You won't be disappointed.
Kat

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 03:15:23 AM »

Thanks Kat!
I have been thinking of buying one of the $199 pleos to keep Rango company. Either that or saving up for a pleo RB.
I'm glad to hear that Minyon arrived safe and sound :)
I'm so scared of buying a second hand pleo on ebay in case they come damaged.  >:(

Do you think that tight fitting clothes could lead to skin damage?

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 03:32:11 AM »

Tight fitting clothes should probably be avoided, particularly if they are tight around the arms and legs.  If you can find clothes that are made from stretchy material or loose fitting clothes that is probably best.  If your looking for pleo clothes that are some shops here on the forum :)

hannahg

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
    • My blog
I live and breathe 'The Big Lebowski'

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »

He looks like he is in good nick so should be ok I guess.  Just do keep in mind that you can get a brand new Ugobe with free shipping for $199 also on ebay.  A few of us here have purchased these $199 ones and so far there have been no complaints.  So don't pay too much for a used one. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal