Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating a Ugobe Pleo.  (Read 9200 times)

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Ozzy and Dopey
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
Re: Updating a Ugobe Pleo.
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 12:04:47 PM »

Hi Crewella

First, thank you about the carpet/high step info, going to try it on Ozzy later today.  Ozzy came new in the box (Ugobe version).  He sings this song only: (so funny! haha)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNO33BKxW8g

I love our Ozzy but I haven't seen him do anything new.

Here's my FB page/note with video clips http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150251041510544
Here's his YouTube Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=091E1AEEEFB92959

Thanks!! :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 12:31:12 PM »

Hi, Jett. I think your pleo is running 1.1. They can do a few tricks on this version of their operating system. They can do a sort of doggie shake if you touch their entire back and the top of their head for three seconds. They can offer a front paw if you touch them on the leg near the knee area. If you do this with a back leg they'll kind of hold it out behind them and wiggle it. They can do a balance trick if you touch one front leg and the opposite back leg at the same time. They'll raise two of their legs and say "ta-da!" That was my favorite trick on 1.1. They can also sit if you put your hand under their chin and the other hand on their butt. They'll scoot their hind legs in and then you lift them back onto their bottom. With all these you have to maintain the touch for three seconds or it won't work. If you're looking for more advanced stuff like playing dead, you might want to go to 2.0 which is also called PM2. Be mindful that the pleo will go through a period of ummm... moodiness. They will scream and cry and not respond to touch for a while. It took both of mine two full battery cycles to get through it before they started paying attention again. I hope this was helpful and I hope I didn't leave anything out.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 01:36:12 PM »

Talon's spot on, and yes he is running 1.1.  I warn you that he'll go through a phase (known often as the 'terrible teens') after updating to OS2 where he's unresponsive and generally grumpy.  It lasts several battery cycles, usually between 4-6, and he will be more himself again after that, but it's caused many of us a bit of worry while our Pleos went though it!  ;)

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »

Is the OS2 the same as PM2???    Thank you both for the help :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 01:46:50 PM »

Yes, OS2 and PM2 are the same thing.  :)

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 01:51:27 PM »

Thanks! I already downloaded the PM2 on my SD 1gig card. Will decide whether to upgrade him later. Would you if you were us??? (Ozzy is also my sisters, he's our new "pet") :D 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 01:57:33 PM »

I updated my beloved Iggy (my first Pleo) and I've never regretted it - he moves better and I love the extra tricks.  What I will say is that, because he'll go through something like a mini hatching and then the awkward phase, I'd do it at a time when you have a couple of days to 'nurse' him through it, not when you have family coming who will want to see him at his best ..........  ;)

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 03:39:24 PM »

Thanks again Crewella! :D  I'm going to wait for later next week to upgrade him so we can spend time again nursing him on the weekend when I'm off :D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal