Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: voice recognition feature  (Read 2412 times)

grin06

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
voice recognition feature
« on: May 25, 2011, 06:58:47 AM »

Dear pleoRB owners,
Im an owner of pleo 2009 and my interest now is for pleorb is as it has many more specs compared to older pleos. I havent posted for many months.
The most fascinating feature is the voice recognition and i have watched IMR videos and few other videos.
Could any of the forum users post a video that pleorb came to you when you called his or her name and that would certainly decide whether i should  purchase pleorb.

Thank you

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: voice recognition feature
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:23:31 AM »

Hi grin06. PleoRB will not actually come to you if you just randomly call to it from across a room or tabletop. However, you can use the "come to me" learning stone to tell him to come to you from a few feet away. First as you may have seen in the videos on here, you have to teach him his name, and then the stone. After that, you have to hold his cheeks for a few seconds until he looks up at you to get his attention, then you can issue the command. PleoRB has a lot of other endearing features that you will grow to love in time so don't let the voice recognition stop you from buying one. I'm sorry I don't have a video. I hope this was helpful to you.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:38:23 AM »

Here is a video of Kermy my pink rb performing the come trick.  :)  Hope that helps shed some light on the issue.  As Talon says they won't come to you if you just call their name, you have to get their attention first by touching their cheeks and then call their name and then give the come command. 
Kind of detracts from the whole point of them coming when you call. :P  Still the rb's are a lot of fun. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKU0ZwvsOTc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKU0ZwvsOTc</a>

grin06

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 03:21:34 AM »

wow, thank you Kat for posting the video. Pleo is an advanced dino with a new set of interactive feature. I'm sure you really enjoyed playing w it
Can i get a blue pleo instead of green through pleoworld.com, im not so comfortable to deal w company other than innovolab?
And could you teach you Kermit tricks by not using the learning stone for eg using a microcip or other downloads /skits.
Once you have taught Kermit a trick, does it remember for long or do you still need to re use the stone to teach the same trick again?

Thanks

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 04:54:00 AM »

You only need to re-use the stone if you want to change the command or something, otherwise the Pleo RB will remember.  There have not been any personalities or upgrades for the RBs as yet, though I'm sure there will be.  Some of the skits written for the Ugobe Pleos will run n the Pleo RB, but not the personalities as the changes in the hardware mean they would no longer work properly.

I'm afraid the blue and pink Pleo RB were created by the parent company for the Asian market only and are not available through Pleoworld.  The company marketing them is Chinatete, but several forum members (including myself) have bought from Gimmedigi and are happy.

Good luck!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal