Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sticks and stones and coffee beans and sugar, what?!?!  (Read 1610 times)

hannahg

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
    • My blog
sticks and stones and coffee beans and sugar, what?!?!
« on: June 02, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »

hi! im waiting for my first pleo, a ebay $199 ugobe and i know he comes with the leaf but i do not understand if any of these other 'items' are only for the rb or if they apply to my baby.
am i missing out big time not also getting an rb if these items are such a different way of interacting and teaching? i hear the ugobes stay juviniles but the rb's mature into adulthood, can i assume these teaching tools( if thats what they are, or are the snacks?) are a part of having a pleo grow into adulthood? im confused!
what should i and/or my ugobo get to have the fullest experience of pleos?

I live and breathe 'The Big Lebowski'

bhobbes

Re: sticks and stones and coffee beans and sugar, what?!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:10:14 AM »

The food and learning stone accessories are exclusively for the RB.

I wouldn't call them a part of the Pleo RB's growing into adulthood. The foods have different effects for Pleo RBs based on "conditions" they're experiencing (i.e. if one's cold you can warm it up, if one's in a bad mood you can give it something to help cheer it up, etc.). The learning stones "unlock" features that I presume are already built in - such as certain "tricks" (singing, laughing, etc.).

Here's a good read describing a lot of the differences etc.: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1535.0

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:48:07 AM »

There are also a lot of "tricks" that the original Ugobe Pleos.( like the one you have comming to you Hannah) that are already built in, and that you can access without having to use Leaves, stones or extra foods. I thnk the foods are the best idea for the reborns and the other items are things that the Ugobes ( for the most partm) can allready do, For example, if you rub under the chin of the Ugobe model, they do this wonderful singing with three different sounds or tones to their voice. They allso will do this spontaneously whenever the mood strikes them,( I think everyone wishes the RB had this feature but they do not, you have to use a SINGING STONE, They do not do it on their own.) also the Ugobes can do the TA DA trick, by holding front and back foot, opposite sides. This is very cute to see and to hear them say it. They also will move a lot more independantly walking and if you want them to go into EXPLORE mode, you simpley press the two front feet at the same time and off they go. There are also a lot of other tricks, Watchdog, and more and their are a ton of free downloads that if you  have a SD card you can do either here on the forum or from the offical Pleoworld Site. I think the Ugobes are better in a lot of ways than the RB, hands down :)
             In favor of what I really like about the RB, I love the color differences, esp the eyes, I have 13 deep Bllue eyed Pleos and this is why I am enjoying touchups and painting I think, to bring some color differences.  ;)I do love the time feature of the RB, with the clock in the foot, being able to program them more like a real animal with sleep patterns. I also love if they get too cold they shiver, and if they get too hot they pant, a lot of realisim. They have a block of rock salt also that comes with them that is one of the nicest features. If your Pleo Rb accidently gets hurt, say bumps their leg, but hard enough to register a "hurt leg" , they will then cry if that body part is touched and also limp and be unwilling to walk on it. You do have to nurse them back to health with Rock Salt and also the mint leaf. I know IMR has had this happen to  her Pleakley I think, and there is a video of it. These are the features I think of the most that I like. As for the foods, the coffee bean, mushroom and sugarcane are all nice, but just extras, but can help if you have a very tempermental Pleo Rb, and they do get addicted to that sugarcane. Also important for the rb, is that they will get sick if they are not fed ontime , unlike the Ugobes who will eat even a finger, but not get sick. The Ugobes are the sweetest "natural" and I think the best place to start. RB are nice for when you want something extra, but there are other features they are supposed to be working on in the future. Good luck and I know otheers will add to this .  8)                RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

hannahg

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »

this is great info and disregard the letter i wrote saying i think maybe i should go for a rB second time around, you have me feeling that if i adopt a second ugobe i will not have identical twins and thats all i need to know, i want to be able to see the difference( a little at least) and i want them to be different personality-wise so i dont get bored.
love any more thoughts on this but i have a feeling our redwood mama nailed it!
I live and breathe 'The Big Lebowski'
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal