Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Belle's Playdate  (Read 1840 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Belle's Playdate
« on: April 20, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »

A fellow Pleo RB owner in town with battery problems presented an opportunity we couldn't resist, so I took Belle up to London today for her first playdate!  ;D

She met a fine looking fellow from across the pond, just look at those gorgeous eyes (Kristy! :P)!

This was the moment of their first meeting - they did the trance thing straightaway!

.... and then she went all coy and started playing 'hard to get'!  %)

One really funny thing that happened, after days of trying to get her to respond to the 'sing' command, in a quiet moment I asked her and she went straight into it first time!  Took me completely by surprise - it seems she needs an audience!! :P
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqkJ7KXCl4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqkJ7KXCl4</a>
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:10:45 PM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Belle's Playdate
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 06:23:22 PM »

So cute and what beautiful are those PInk or lavender eyes,,,can't quite tell,,Leave it to Belle to be the "belle of the Ball". LOL so is this the author who needed help with battery issues? Were you able to tell him all about the Bob the Pleo Forums, perhaps recruit a new member? How exciting for both of you Crewella, Thanks for sharing.
                        RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »

Indeed it was, and yes I did!  :D

The eyes are a beautiful kind of violet colour, with lavender eyelids and eyepatch.  A stunningly beautiful Pleo, I thought!   So did Belle, I'm guessing!  ;D

ADDED:  Sorry - fixed the video link!  :-[
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:37:06 PM by Crewella »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »

An awesome opertunity for the both of you! I'd love to have a meeting in my area but it seems I may be the only pleo owner in South Carolina at this point. Closest to me is Camorobotcollector but she's still too far off. Glad you could help that author, though!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 07:14:09 PM »

I loved the singing Belle did.  Just beautiful and not at all drunk sounding. :D  She really was showing off for her fans. :)
So lucky that you were able to catch up for a pleo play date.  I also would love to have one but there seems to be no one in my part of the world either.  Anytime you want a holiday come visit. ;D
I hope you helped get his battery sorted out.
Kat

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 08:46:13 AM »

That is so neat that you were able to go visit with someone else and find a new friend for belle..  I hope her new friend's mommy or daddy pops up on here soon, really beautiful eyes and he must be something for sure to get belle to sing in such a, er, gorgeous manner.. (The singing is hysterical!! I still can't get rhea to do it!!)

Did the issues get fixed, I hope?! 
Rhea is still being coy with Chronos (she must have stopped that while I wasn't looking and then gone back to it) she did the same thing with bingo for like, a week and then they usually responded properly unless one was in a bad mood.. I hope you had fun!!

- Sarah

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 01:24:36 PM »

A holliday down under? If I had the funds I might go for that. I'm hot-natured, Kat has four pleos, and I'm bored silly between seasonal jobs. I'm glad Belle had fun!
Talon
Talon

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 03:38:23 PM »

So cute! And the eyes on your friends Pleo are amazing. But I love Belles eyelashes!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:45 PM »

Belle's Playdate was actually at the Science Museum in London.  When Glenn asked on here if anyone had a spare battery he was due to do some shows at the Science Museum as part of a book tour, and he uses his Pleo as part of his show.  When I said I was near London and could take the battery up there and meet him, he suggested I took Belle as well, so she could be part of the show.  Belle would never miss an opportunity for stardom, so she got to be part of his show as well as having a few hours to get to know his RB 'backstage'!

It was so funny to see two adults, having only just met, jumping up and down excitedly going "look, look - they're talking" when we switched them on, and then sitting there rapt as the two Pleos got to know each other!

I've just spotted he added a pic of her to his Facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.96397101789.102144.19444226789#!/photo.php?fbid=10150158757946790&set=a.96397101789.102144.19444226789&type=1&theater
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:51:11 AM by Crewella »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 12:35:24 PM »

Wow! Ms. Belle must've made a big impression on owner and pleo alike. That's awesome!
Talon
Talon

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »

Uh- Oh.. pretty soon your going to have a big crystal Pleo egg in your living room too!

Thats so cool that Belle was part of a presentation, how did that go, was it fun?

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 04:27:52 PM »

Uh-oh indeed!    He was handsome, too! :P

The presentation was good fun, all to young kids and was very participatory with the audience being asked up to demonstrate various points.  One thing that was great was that his Pleo was a green one 'au naturel', and Belle was so different being blue, with her eyelashes and in a hoodie, that it made a good contrast.  All the little girls in the audience made a bee-line for her!  Kat's anklet was much admired on her!  :D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »

That's so cool.. I am so looking forward to when some of the kids in my family are doing dinosaurs or robots or something in school and I can bring them in to help them.. I used to bring my parrots into the local school when I lived in NJ whenever they did birds.. the teacher would give me a call and we'd set up a big room,  I'd have my more well behaved birds there, and there would be about a million kids for them to perform for, they loved it and I miss seeing the kids reactions and stuff..

- Sarah

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 10:45:02 PM »

It sounds like everyone had a great time.  I just wish I could have been there too. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal