Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: animal pelt pleo cape - WIP  (Read 8172 times)

pirpintine

animal pelt pleo cape - WIP
« on: April 29, 2011, 07:49:34 AM »

a work in progress for sure! here is the super rough design

I'll be basing it on a pleo cape type pattern but modifying it (obviously to give it an attached head piece) and to give it a jagged animal skin like quality.

The fabric i made that plush 'giraffe' (posted on my art thread) is what ill use, the stripey fabric itself is fabulously soft (almost like suede, but stretchy) and doesn't fray, so i wont even need to hem/overlock edges. :D
fur mane/detailing is gonna be like the neck part of the cape, and will Velcro around the neck, and attach to the head part.

the nose (should i decide to add it) will be a polymer clay detailing, which i will put a hole in for the camera (the IR sensors should be under the nose so will be alright)

I'll keep updating this thread as and when i work on this! :D

Lina

• Pleozoologist
Re: animal pelt pleo cape - WIP
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »

I´m looking forward to see the results!
 :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 08:47:47 AM »

This looks great.  I can't wait to see the end result. ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 09:33:55 AM »

Sounds cool but I'm confused. What type of animal are you turning pleo into? Or is it kind of like one of those Native-American things like in the statues where they have the wolf-pelt with its head on the warrior's head like a hat and the rest of the skin draped down the back?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

pirpintine

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »

no particular animal in mind. juts a generic animal pelt for him to wear.. a bit like you said, native american style! haha

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 11:23:50 AM »

Neat! Good luck with your design!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 04:29:54 PM »

An Indian pleo! lol, looks like it's gonna be good! I like the "native american" pleo idea, especially because "traditional" furs are the only real fur that I can see someone wearing and not want to yell "you sick person! paying someone that kills animals for selfish needs! Shame!" lol. I get very agressive about animal rights...  :P good luck!
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 05:45:41 PM »

I think what ever design or material you work with will come out just fine, I use Native American designs all the time in things I do, but haven't implimented them into my Pleos yet, but have had an idea, but not like what you are thinking, I have been an animal rescuer and vegetarian for many many years, and I think the idea of the Animal on top could be interesting as a idea. I say just go with whatever idea you have and it wil come out fine!
                     RedwoodsMama

Oh just for fun, I thought I would show you one of my Pleos, ( Nova before she broke her neck, Last January 2010) and one of her "disguises", She liked to dress as "wild thing" and I think your Pleo can do many disquises or outfits too, the more the merrier, I think after all, Patches dresses as Skeletor, so why not let the rest of the Pleos have fun too! :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:33:09 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 01:28:28 AM »

I love your design, Pirpi, especially the head section.  Can't wait to see how it goes!  ;D

Here's an old pic of Iggy, from way back,  in full dress-up mode as a lion!  :D

pirpintine

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 05:03:16 AM »

haha those are both awesome outfits! :D  i hope mine turns out half as good.

ill probably start cutting out the base cape today, the main back and legs covering :) thats the easy bit!  (my least fave bit is cutting the faux fur! it moults eeeeverywhere!)

pirpintine

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 08:40:54 AM »

how much ive done so far

i didnt use elastic on the legs i used strips of the stripey fabric, itd be genteler on the skin and its stretchy anyways!

just need to make the head piece and the leg flaps with claws :)

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 08:51:56 AM »

Thats going to be an awesome coat, I like the colors! Nice!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 09:56:49 AM »

Looking great so far!  :D

Nice idea with the leg strips, I've never liked the look of the plastic bands on the Innvo cape.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 12:03:18 PM »

Hi, I also love the colors and think it looks great so far, Can't wait to see how the head and claws, turn out, I can't imagine it not looking great as it looks great already. I agree, faux fur is a pain  to cut out, very messy to say the least! You are a fast worker too, that is what happens to me is if I get inspired, there is not stopping me. :)
                                   RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

pirpintine

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 10:17:19 AM »

not done any more really, just added Velcro on the neck piece so it stays on! :)

i may have to alter the cape anyway, it seems poor 'Bug has got a hole in his tail, which has become rather gaping, so much so, as i had my needle and cotton out i just stitched it up! hahaha seems to have worked but i don't imagine for too long.  so ill probably give my cape a full tail covering.

if this is the case i may leave his head blank, just add the ears (and maybe horns) onto the mane.  so you can still see some Dino in there! haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal