Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robotics Competition  (Read 3240 times)

allosaurus

Robotics Competition
« on: February 28, 2009, 03:30:38 PM »

Just went to see a robotics competition in Manchester, NH.
Anyone familiar with robotics contest called, "Lunacy?"

It was awesome, but I only saw three rounds 'cause there was no place to sit so we left early. :(
Anyways, the winning team was, "the Rocketeers" from New York and I cheered for them. I liked them. :D

49er

• Journeypleo
  • Male
Re: Robotics Competition
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 09:06:24 PM »

Hi allosaurus,
What kind of robotics competition did you attend?  Pleo went with my better 3/4 and I to the Robogames in June of last year in San Francisco.  Was this the kind of competition that you attended?  I wrote it up in my plog at the time although the plog was mostly on Pleo and not on the combatants.  If you would like to read it it's about half way down in my plog.  To save you some time the link is http://www.pleoworld.com/connect/view/id/8236.

allosaurus

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 05:30:31 AM »

Hi allosaurus,
What kind of robotics competition did you attend?  Pleo went with my better 3/4 and I to the Robogames in June of last year in San Francisco.  Was this the kind of competition that you attended?  I wrote it up in my plog at the time although the plog was mostly on Pleo and not on the combatants.  If you would like to read it it's about half way down in my plog.  To save you some time the link is http://www.pleoworld.com/connect/view/id/8236.

Well, it was just a game called, "Lunacy." I'll try to sum it up later. I hafta go get breakfast right now. ;)

allosaurus

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 05:42:53 AM »

People would remote-control huge robots, and team members would try to score little ball-like things into the robot's basket. The robot would find its fuel station, which was also a robot, and try to unload the balls into the fuel station. There was more to it, and I understood it, but I'm just sorta lazy.  :P

Toyguy

• Following the footsteps
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:39:11 PM »

You should Google the Trinity College Firefighting Robot contest Allosaurus.  It's held typically in April I think, in Connecticut.  It's fun to go watch, even more fun to compete :)

allosaurus

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 05:35:34 AM »

You should Google the Trinity College Firefighting Robot contest Allosaurus.  It's held typically in April I think, in Connecticut.  It's fun to go watch, even more fun to compete :)

Awesome!Connecticut? Not too far from here! ^^
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal