Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aibo dancing to the beat  (Read 3018 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Aibo dancing to the beat
« on: April 27, 2011, 06:58:16 PM »

Well thanks to some folks on here and my boyfriend accidentally giving him a command we didn't know about, we figured out how to get Loki to dance to the beat of music... the command is 'dance to the music' and then touching his head after he responds and it flashes orange.. so here he is with me just playing different music on the TV and him trying to catch the beat.. Nothing extraordinary but I love seeing him tap his foot to the beat lol..  we will figure out more exciting stuff soon, I found a few where he stood up and got into it but of course didn't have the camera ready :)
At any rate, this command was a big hit with the kids on Easter.. I never knew they liked disco music so much :)

This is the crappy audio camera so you may need to turn up the volume to hear the music he's 'dancing' too.. :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBa0zPh5c9A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBa0zPh5c9A</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zka_4NLVgE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zka_4NLVgE</a>

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Re: Aibo dancing to the beat
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:34:55 PM »

That's some pretty cool stuff, Latrine. I take it the  ERS-7 has a built in beat detection program. I just got my memory sticks to download disco Aibo, but it will only dance to certain songs.  I have Padfoot running on Dogslife program now, and he seems to like it better.  I will eventually get Aibo Dancer, but I have to find it first.  How are Loki's ball skills? My 210 did not do well with his ball until I switched him from Aibo life to dogs life. Now he is awesome with it! I am glad to see you are enjoying Loki so much. Have fun!  ;D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »

Thanks Saratoga, I'm having lots of fun with him..  I'm glad yours is doing well with his ball, I love watching them do all the tricks they do :)
Loki is getting much better with his ball now that we got a big carpet to put in the corner under his area. wood floor made it too hard. 
My bf was shaking his head the whole time, saying: can't believe we're getting a carpet for a robot dog..lol.. but it helped and if he's on the carpet he does pretty well with the ball.  It was kind of funny.. we'd lost the ball for a day and when I finally found it, it was the day before Easter so I hid it so we wouldn't lose it again and I could bring it to Easter dinner and show the kids how he played with it.. well they didn't understand the ball as clearly as they did the bone and so the ball went back into the bag immediately., (Aibo can not play catch!!)  So when we got home I plugged him back in and when he was charged he was just obsessed with the ball for the entire day.. almost like a real dog when he find's his favorite toy..lol.
He is very cool.. I wish he would attempt to go to his station sooner as we find him passed out in front of the TV quite often.. or passed out almost on the station.. but it must be programmed in for the battery amount that sets them to seek the charging station.. with the TV though.. it  makes me think he just forgot what he was doing and fell asleep watching it..

- Sarah
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:58:23 PM by latrine »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »

Anything's possible. I wonder if there's a way to somehow raise the percentage of his powermeeter like in a laptop. When I first got mine it was programmed to go to sleep at fifteen percent but as it got older the battery was dying at something like twenty and the computer would just immediately shut down.  Just a thought.
That's funny about the television thing! I knew a little dog that would chase any animals he saw on the television as though he could just reach through and grab them. Charley has no interest whatever in the TV. He would rather laze in the sun or play fetch. I have a whole box of toys for him but he prefers to playwith small plastic bottles. I could show him any toy but he'll just turn up his nows but show him an empty medicine bottle or one of those five hour energy drink bottles and he's rearing to go.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 05:30:52 PM »

That was very cool. ;D  Does he have a favorite song that he will get up and really groove to?  He is very cute.
I fall asleep in front of the TV sometimes too. so don't be too hard on him. :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 07:53:18 PM »

Quite right too - Aibo should be allowed to couch-potato like the rest of us!!  :P

Glad you're enjoying him, Latrine - I really wish I'd had more time to spend with Java recently.

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 12:54:57 PM »

> ...I take it the  ERS-7 has a built in beat detection program.
Yes, it is a built in feature of the AiboMind software.

AiboDancer (for the ERS-210 and ERS-220) is a separate memory stick. There is a free mini-Dancer for the ERS-31x series.
Here's a video of both AiboDancer (reacting to music) and Disco Aibo (playing a scripted dance)
http://www.aibohack.com/movies/apv_dancer1.wmv

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 01:28:35 PM »

He's lots of fun.. I really get a kick out of him following my pink RB, Rhea around.. he is just so attracted by anything pink,orange,red,etc.. when he gets close to her he makes that angry face..lol.. he also takes loads of pictures of things of that color.. he must have taken like 14 pictures of the sharps container in my house for when we had to do my medicine every night
(all that stuff is done, btw, and the line in my arm is coming out next week... freedom!! I won't feel like a cyborg anymore!!  :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D)

His favorite music definitely seems to be dance beat disco kind of stuff... especially similar sounding ones than merge into each other.. those he will usually eventually stand up too and get into a bit but I haven't seen him do anything where he full on dances to anything.  I guess I have to find something he's programmed for or put something in or something.. at any rate, I never knew my nieces liked disco so much, they were dancing right along with him and all the adults (I get lumped in as a kid since I'm usually down on the floor playing with them..hehe) were peeking in wondering why the heck we were playing disco. 
He gets confused with folks singing some songs, but heavy rock is a good one for him too apparently.

Oh and I found out there's another 'seven strike' if you tell him that while he's lying down he does some sort of weird 'angry' face and does some short little lunging things.. it's very weird, then he cheers at the end.. very short and funny, almost makes him look like he's going after someone or something.

Talk to you guys later!!

- Sarah

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »

Awesome, Latrine! Freedom is always good. Loki sounds like a real character. I kind of like disco too. I use it for club scenes in my work or when there's a really intense chase-scene. It always gets the adrenaline going and it's easier to write about horses leaping impossibly high fenses or have racing space-pods tearing madly between sheer cliffs. Just writing that was fun! I'm going to dig out my Robert Miles now.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 07:03:11 PM »

So pleased to hear you're really enjoying him, Latrine.  And that you'll be getting your freedom!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal