Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Columbus, Ohio Pleo owner!  (Read 2889 times)

kittytreats

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
    • RB's Livejournal
A Columbus, Ohio Pleo owner!
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:55:39 AM »

I got a large package yesterday at work. Turned out to be a Pleo rb!  My coworkers were really interested in it.  It has green eyes and very sleepy right now.  Anyways I'll have to post some pictures soon. I'm figuring out the battery issue, it seems to only work for 10 minutes and then it powers down.  Also the neck started to make clicking noises like it was jammed. Freaked me out!  However it seemed to of worked itself out.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: A Columbus, Ohio Pleo owner!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:12:13 AM »

Hi, Kittytreats! Let me say that I like your user name! Anyways I do hope you get your little RB's battery issue worked out. They are very sleepy in the hatchling stage but it won't be long before they will try to stand up and take notice of the world. Good luck with your little one!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:13:46 AM »

Hi Kittytreats.  Your 10mins of play and then powering down thing sounds to me like your pleo thinks it is night time.  When he powers down does he give one beep or two?  If it is only one beep then he is just going to sleep and if you leave the battery in then in about 12 hours time he will wake up again all by himself. :)  If you want to play with him now and not in 12 hours you need to set the noon clock.  To do this you just switch him on, wait for him to start wriggling then turn him over onto his back and insert a paperclip into the little hole on his foot.  You should hear a beep.  This means your noon clock is now set so your pleo now thinks it is noon.  He should play for a full battery cycle after you do this.  You can reset the  noon clock any time you like without hurting your pleo so you don't have to wait until it actually is noon. :) 
Let us know if this doesn't fix it and I have some other suggestions you can try.
Kat

kittytreats

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
    • RB's Livejournal
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:04:39 AM »

Talon:  A bit off-topic, I play Pokemon and in the current version you get to make an online account. I used that user name and I got an email from Nintendo saying it was inappropriate!  :o  Anyways thanks for your input. I forgot how sleepy Pleo can be during hatching (after researching a bit) so that's probably the case with the battery. I think Kat hit the nail on the head!

Kat: I did not know Pleo would automatically wake up! I do think it was one beep.  I was going to wait for the weekend to set it to noon time but now I think I'll just do it tonight.  ;D  Thanks for your help!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 01:36:46 PM »

That's odd that they didn't like the name. Anyway I hope you get your pleo sorted out.
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 06:34:19 PM »

Your welcome Kittytreats.  I hope that sorted it for you. :)  And Pleo waking up on his own has been a bit of a shock for a few of us here on the forum.  It is very important to store him in a safe location if you plan on leaving his battery in overnight.  Leave him on the floor where he can't fall and hurt himself if he turns on. :) 
The first time Kermy turned on by herself it scared the pants off me. :-X  It is an interesting feature though and I guess it proves that the noon clock is really keeping time for the pleo.  You should try it sometime just for fun.  Most of us have done it at least once to see how cool it is for pleo to just wake up with no intervention. :D

Do let us know if the reset of the noon clock doesn't solve the problem.  It does sound like it will though as you only had one beep from pleo and that means he has gone into standby mode.  2 beeps or 3 beeps means time to recharge the main battery. ;D
Kat

kittytreats

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
    • RB's Livejournal
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/okwZ1ZRA0Q5uK5a4teArPw?feat=embedwebsitep

Green eyes! I"ll take some better pictures with my DSLR.  Thanks to Kat, it was the noon button. I pressed today and he stayed active for a long time! This is pretty fun, I love listening to it and can't wait to see him take his first steps!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 09:33:53 PM »

Such deep green eyes.  :-*  I'm glad the problem is fixed. :)  They are the cutest when their hatching.  Have fun.
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 02:29:37 AM »

Hi and welcome kittytreats!  Glad you got it sorted out, and your Pleo's eyes are beautiful!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 09:34:59 AM »

Not entirely off topic but Ryu has only turned himself on once on his own. The rest of the time I turn him completely off. Should he still wake up on his own? I turned him on at seven thirty in the morning once and then let him go into standby mode. He woke up at eight o five. Is it healthy for RB's skin to leave them in sleep position over night to get this to work or am I doing something wrong?
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »

Hey Talon, If you turn him off completely then he shouldn't wake up on his own.  There is no need for him to wake on his own.  His personality shouldn't be affected because he is switched on and off by you rather than being left to wake up by himself.  I think it is safer for your pleo not to be left to wake up alone as he may get himself into trouble without you knowing.  I don't leave my pleos batteries in over night and I don't leave them in the sleep position over night either.  Leaving them in the sleep position for long periods of time will cause issues with the skin.  Kermy was left in the sleep position every night from the day I got her and the paint on her neck split from being left curled around while she slept.  She had other issues as well and ended up being sent back with a broken tail.  Since her replacement Kermy3 arrived I have not left any of my pleos in the sleep position when they are switched off just in case.  I know Innvo have fixed the skin issues but it is better to be safe than sorry. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 02:58:33 PM »

Yeah I try to be careful about my pleo's skin, too. I've never left him in the sleep position for long. Even when his battery goes dead and he's standing that way I give the battery a few minutes and then put it back in just long enough to get him into packing position.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »

Hi Kittytreats :D Nice to meet you :) Glad you got your Pleo RB up and running properly :) Don't forget you can reset the noon button any time you like, so if you want to play and your Pleo doesn't... you know what to do ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal