Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Pleo paint retouching  (Read 85925 times)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
Re: Ugobe Pleo paint retouching
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2011, 06:59:56 PM »

Aah my bad. Silly me. Thanks Kat.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2011, 03:58:03 AM »

Hi RWM! I love the lavender color!  It looks so bright and refreshing!  Sorry that I haven't been able to comment.  I have been busy the last few days.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  I'm jealous of everyone trying these great new colors on their pleos!  I know I would never have the time or the patience to do it!  She really looks awesome so far!   ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »

Ok guys, I have been going over and over the colors on this one and took three different paints done again and again till I was satisfied. It is not going to look like your timid Lavendar Pleo it started out as, but more of what I think they may have looked like, It is more colorful than you may  have thought and some of you wanted colorful, so here it is, I could do drab browns oranges and etc that all blend in, but this is lavendar shades, blues with other colors and I wanted to surprise and I am sure I did, I could have played it safe, painting following the lines and left it a simple lavendar, kept the beige legs etc, and just did the eyes, but anyone could do that if they want, and I like to use my imagination. What I did do though was use Acrylic paints mixed with other things and also has a protective coating, is waterproof, no color comming off on the washcloth and is very flexible, can move well and no cracking etc. I have the first photo just to see the under coat before I did the rest of the colors and with a couple of painted friends, for comparison. Thanks for putting up with my Painting moments of Pleo Madness... ;D :D

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »

I like the different shades of lavender and blue you have used here but I am not too sure about the red bits.  I think it would have looked better to have gone for a lighter color here instead maybe a pale pink or cream or another shade of blue maybe turquoise.  I love the patterning you have done but just don't like the way the red stands out too much against the rest of her.
I still think you are doing a great job and love to see the exciting new looks you keep coming up with. :)  How does the pleos skin feel after it has been painted?  I know some of the inks made pleos skin feel really dry.  Just wondering.
Kat :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2011, 08:59:11 PM »

..... or even still a shade of orange/red but lighter - I have to agree with Kat, it is a bit dark for me around the mouth, a bit lipsticky.  Love all the shades of blue wiith the lavender, and I really envy you your flights of creative fancy, RWM!  Keep at it!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2011, 09:14:51 PM »

Allright guys, You convinced me and I am lightening those areas up a bit, I know the light pink is terrible, I tried that, and even photo copied it so will do another shade. Thanks. :)

RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2011, 09:27:47 PM »

Sounds like you had doubts yourself as well........... I'm glad you weren't upset by the comments.  I'd really hate to discourage you, RWM.  Can't wait to see what you do!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2011, 12:27:54 AM »

An artist of any type, music, writing, oils, paints, prints, glass, poetry, landscaping, what ever medium it is, if you aren't open to critisicim, you are either a genius and ahead of your time, have very poor self esteem, or are too sensitve to listen to others. If I thought it was "perfect" then I wouldn't ask for feedback and you guys would know by the way I make my comments. Sometimes when you have an idea in your head ( as I do) it is harder to get translated into the physical you are working in.
           I don't want this to look all cutesy cutsy, or even perfect, just realistic or possible patterning but with the color I choose from the poll that was taken, I have some great Dinosaur books that I have been looking at all week that have terrific colors that you would never had thought to see on Dinosaurs and some of them are as brilliant and bright as those on birds like Parrots. Others are subdued and would work well on the forest floor or in a desert setting.
               I left the lavender blue shades on but removed all the leg and chest and part of the face area. It is fun and interesting, because the back area that I did first is water resistant, you can run a wash cloth on it and not a drop of paint color comes off, I had the sink water running and washed and removed color from the legs and was able to do it though it took about 30 minutes total . The area on the top front of the head I had to scrub a little and the undercoast hadn't been "preserved ' yet, like the rest of the body,( back that is) so I was able to actually "Peel " the paint off , it is very similiar in the way it looks and feels to Pleo Rb paint, also someone asked how it felt,  %) It is not dry, nor wet feeling, but like I said, if you run your hand over the painted area on the back,  it reminds me of Pleo Rb, but a little bumpier of course because it is a Ugobe Model. :) I am going to let the rest of the paint set overnight and then rethink and mix custom colors for the legs or rethink how I want them, Right now they are the original Pleo color, which is not bad, but needs something, Sometimes LESS, is MORE..so I will see.                                  Thanks for the support guys.  RWM             oh and by the way, these are paints, not inks, right. and Arcylics and Latex if you want to know. ;D

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2011, 03:00:25 AM »

This is great to hear that these are a latex type of paint you have used.  Latex paints is what I have ordered to try on  Gumble so I am very interested to hear what you think of them.  It is heartening to hear that they don't feel dry when you touch the skin.  And that they seem to be adhering and moving well. :)  Looking forward to seeing the finished product Lavender pleo. :) 
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2011, 03:37:18 AM »

Yes, I was excited to hear you'd used latex paints as well!   ;D  Thanks RWM!  :-*

Can't wait to see the next version of your lavender creation!  :D

I'm stuck in the same time warp as Kat - no deliveries over Easter, so no paints yet ..........  :(

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2011, 04:31:56 AM »

At least we have chocolate to see us through the wait. ;D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2011, 05:19:29 AM »

Hmmmmmm....... chocolate coated Pleo?  %)  :P

Couldn't resist adding this here as well!  :P

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:19:31 AM by Crewella »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2011, 05:35:44 AM »

Mmm a chocolate Pleo sounds good, I just got an enormous chocolate dinosaur egg, but it hasn't hatched yet %)

Here's a video of Stitch moving, the paint is holding up well except on the neck where Stitch has some bad cracks that go partially into the rubber.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2vulgx-Y74" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2vulgx-Y74</a>
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2011, 09:27:12 AM »

Stitch looks great, IMR - finally the mythical tiger Pleo is a reality!  ;D

Really pleased to hear the ink is holding up OK!  :D

You'll have to redo your sig piccy again now, though!  :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2011, 12:04:55 PM »

Stitch looking good IMR, glad the paints are working out well, I love the whiskers too. :) You can't go wrong with a cat of any type when it comes to Pleos, What is this "Chocolate Egg", is this another Paint or Ink project you are hiding ...Are you doing another one of your Pleos,,,wonder who it could be? HMMMMMMMMM? Guess I will work on both Humpty Pleo this Easter Weekend, Easter Bunny Pleos, my Pleo Rb play session, and Lavender surprise project Pleo, guess I will be busier than I thought! LOL
                        RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2011, 11:50:06 PM »

I though I'd better finish 'Little Brown Job' before I ran out of Easter eggs and tried to eat him - so he's become 'Python Pleo'!  :D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2011, 12:17:41 AM »

Wow!  He looks fantastic!  I love it. ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2011, 12:51:58 AM »

I love Python Pleo :) He looks great :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2011, 10:31:20 AM »

Sorry to hear that about the neck part Romeo.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »

he looks great Crewella, these are Inks aren't they, How long did this project take alltogether, and how long for drying? 
Were there about three coats, or different colors, the brown, yellows and black? I really like the way he came out.  ;D Now I need to finish Lavendar Girl, Problem Is I came up with a design I liked after removing the orange red, but I have to make it more Likeable to the general public who are a wider audience, so I will take photos of the waY I like and then finish her to the final project for the wider Pleo audience. Should be done tommrow, Actually today, but it is raining and high humididy today so I will give her more time to "cure"
                                             RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2011, 06:04:32 PM »

Thanks RWM, I used mostly the Daler Rowney FW Inks I first posted about in Yellow Ochre and the Vallejo Game Ink Sepia in a mixture of varying degrees for each coat, with a small amount of black and gold from the Liquitex inks for the 'highlights and lowlights'.  One full coat of the dark brown, then two further coats stippled on with more yellow added, then added yellow stripes with a brush.  I left around 24-48 hours between each coat, althoug that was mainly due to shortage of time!  %)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2011, 10:48:47 PM »

Fantastic job on Python Pleo!  :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2011, 07:00:12 AM »

How does Little Brown Job feel to touch?  Have you coated him with anything to protect his new paint yet?  He really does look fantastic.  When you painted him did you apply most of his paint using a sponge and then just use the brush for the yellow lines?  Wanting to get as much info as possible on how you did it because he looks so good.  I love the way the ink in the highlight sections has a blurred edge. :)  It looks a lot more natural that way.  He is just gorgeous. ;D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2011, 10:22:06 PM »

He does feel a bit dry to the touch at the moment - I'll add some Autoglym in a few days.  I do think this stuff needs a bit of time to 'go off' as it's initially water soluble but then becomes waterproof when dry.

That's exactly the technique.  The brown went on with a sponge but I also went over the creases with the end of a brush, almost jabbing the colour into the folds.  Then the layers of lighter and darker brown were stippled on with the edge of the sponge.  You need to apply a tiny amount to the sponge (I even tried painting onto the sponge with a brush) and then blot some off again before applying, otherwise it goes on too uniform.  Try it on a piece of paper first to get a feel for how loaded the sponge needs to be.  Then the yellow went on, several days later, with a small brush (an eyeliner brush, actually!).

I'm glad you like him, thanks Kat!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »

Hi guys, glad that Little pleo Python is working out and holding on it's own, As for the Lavendar Girl, I completly removed all her color, I guess I am one of those tempermental artists, and I did not like the way she was looking, and I also did not like the feel of the latex paint, the big difference between Latex or Acrylic paints and Inks in my opinions is a considerable one, Inks look more natural and I am going to give them another look, with some additives, Latex paint goes on a lot thicker and dries very very quickly, in less than an hour, but when adding more layers, becomes harder to work with and doesn't look as natural, It is easy realitivily to remove if done within a couiple of  hours of putting on, a little water and a scrub brush and it is like peeling a second skin off,  :)Actually kind of fun to peel off, but the rest done about three days or more before took the rest of last night, say five to six hours to remove what was left on her face. Latex is tricky to work with and is thicker and just is not as easy to work with. I liked the colors, but the skin looked too thick, not  reptilian anymore and more like it was painted, not the texture I wanted, If you went with only one color the first coat, then it MIGHT come out ok, but try shading and such and it gets tricky, I was using a forumula from a Mask Painters Professional site and using Liquid Tex Paints which were not cheap at all, ONe tube depending on the color, cost $7.99 for a Lavender shade, and another Cobalt blue Shade was even more at $11.99, you add each tube and other "supplies" latex, and brushes, etc, it cost a pretty penny.  :o
                          So for the Lavender Girl , I am giveing INks another go and just wanted to let Kat, IMR and Crewella know how Latex Paints look, I would give the Latex Paints a careful look, and beware of too many layers if you want the reptile skin to show through and look natural, Yes they are waterproof, and a washcloth did pass the test and this was without a protective coating , luckily I removed the paint before I got to that stage or it would have been almost impossible to remove the paints,
                          Good luck if you decide to try latex Paints, I am not saying do not use them, but be prepared for differences. :) ;)
                                                                       RedwoodsMama
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 20   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal