Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lances new makeover Try 2  (Read 3800 times)

Superperson

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
  • My pleo Lance
Lances new makeover Try 2
« on: March 17, 2011, 12:11:11 AM »

ok i thought i would start my own topic of me trying to get lance to be red.

So heirs try #2
    Last time i used plan acrylic paint, and i put it all over his body. Sadly like you've heard it didn't work. on his neck and tail (about 3 segments on each) the paint would crack at the seams. i tried repainting it over and over but it still did it, The paint i was using wasn't bending with his body. So i went to michels and found another type of acrylic paint that said it would bend. but after trying it on the problem areas earlier I saw it crack again in the same points.
  so i went to lows and picked up latex paint used for painting the house. i applied it on his head and neck and tail. first i put a heavy coat. but it still cracked. so then i took that off and applied a thin layer.

heirs what he looks like At the moment.

So i left the body alone, only the head and tail. im letting it dry over night before i turn him on to see if it holds. I think half of my problem is that i get inpatient and turn him on before its completely dry. Lets cross our fingers and hope it works.  :'(

any advice or knowledge would be great!  :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:32:59 PM by degers »

Play in the warmth of the sun,
Dance in the light of the moon.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Lances new makeover Try 2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 12:18:14 AM »

Hi, you are brave to try this again so soon, but that is what I would do too. Once the bug hits you, whatever the project is, it is time to go for it. How long does Lance take to dry you think? You may want to be careful with the underside of his belly near the battery compartment, only because some paints may need to "breathe" and I don't know if he would or could get overheated quickly if overpainted, I really do not know but thought I should mention it. I know when I used Acrylic Paints they were not right for Pleos and I tryed three different brands but none were heavy duty housepaints, all craft paints so who knows maybe you got the right one this time, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and Lance.
                       Let us know what happens tommrow or whenever the paint is dry.  :)
                                          RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Superperson

• Female
  • My pleo Lance
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 07:52:25 PM »

:'(

well i tried...but even with latex paint the seems on his neck and tail are still not working. i went ahead and painted his body back to red with the new paint. ill just have to cover his neck and tail. well the 3 segments that are having trouble with. im really love him red and i want to keep him like that.
ill try and find some kind of red cloth or ribbon. something. ive tried 4 different types off paint and im at a loss of what would work for him. At least im giving you guys some feedback of what paint doesn't work. well it works fine for his body, it doesn't flake off but it cant handle his movement of his neck ans tail.
ive loss the battle...with his skin!
ill put some pics to show you how its tearing.

Superperson

• Female
  • My pleo Lance
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 12:15:42 AM »

heirs a video showing what i mean.
i have given up on the red pleo idea. ill just have to be happy with him green. at least i tried :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N4fPM845w0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N4fPM845w0</a>

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 02:53:41 AM »

Sorry to hear that Super! I wish you had bought the right paint. :-( You're recolored Pleo is my favorite so far.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 06:31:32 AM »

Is that holes in his skin or just the paint cracking?  He looks so lovely being red.  It is a shame you had no luck finding the right paint.

Superperson

• Female
  • My pleo Lance
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 12:44:11 PM »

yeah i did love him red to. but hey at least i helped test what paint not to use. so yeah no acrylics or oil or latex/acrylic mix. they all work fine for the body but youll have to find a better paint for the neck and tail.

im sure one day someone will find the right paint, and me and lance will be ready when they do   8)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 02:12:39 PM »

Hi Superperson, It is a shame, Have you considered painting his body the red but leaving part of his neck not painted, thus the neck and tail could move more freely? You may give it a try and see if you like it, I do know that continuously removing the paint may damage the skin where it is the most thin and fragile such as the neck and under tail area. I think you are on the right track and Lance does look very bold and nice in Firehouse Red!( don't actually know the color it is called, there are lots of reds and rusty reds... :)) I would like to see you continue in your pursuit but only when you are happy with what you are doing.
                                          Can't wait to see more photos or if like you said you dress him in Red cloth or scarves etc in the meantime he still looks great and different!
                                                                                  RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »

Have you tried paint actually MADE for rubber? I saw someone here on the forums suggest Vallejo acrylics, since it is made for rubber. They said it doesn't flake or crack and bends with the skin  :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 04:13:40 PM »

You can still leave him red and just touch him up every now and then, it really does look fantastic. Or, as suggested above, just keep looking around for paints to try.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Superperson

• Female
  • My pleo Lance
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 04:34:28 PM »

ill look into a paint for rubber. i looked for some but no one seemed to know of any. when i find one ill pant him again. till then he will just be green.
luckily when i removed the red it didn't harm his skin as far as i can tell. it did take up some of his green but that was easily touched up. so now hes back to his green self.

helpful hint:when removing paint from pleo...
Take a damp cloth and lay it on the paint for 10 seconds, apply a little pressure. Remove the cloth and peal the now not sticky paint. it will come off i  sheets. it wont become wet and stain your hands but it will be a lot easier to remove with little damage to his skin. You will still take up some of his green paint that is lose.

just a helpful for anyone who wants to paint there pleo :)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 05:44:18 PM »

Fantastic! I'm so happy you're not gonna give up. A+ for the red Pleo! Find us a reliable Pleo paint! lol
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »

Hey superperson!

Just wanted to say that your red paint job on your Pleo was awesome!  When I saw it in the gallery I first thought that it was a really red Pink RB the paint job was so professional!

Please try again and let us see what you come up with!  If I ever want the skin paint retouched on my Pleos I know who to send them to! :)

degers

Superperson

• Female
  • My pleo Lance
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 07:45:47 PM »

thanks i try my best.
If i ever find that perfect paint i would love to paint other peoples pleos. like purple or yellow or anything  :)
mabey i could be in the mall, i could call it SuperPleoMakeover or something like that     :P

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 06:47:25 AM »

I'm working with my pleo too.
I'm using poster paint I Used it before and it works pretty well but it sometimes flake off
just to let you know
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal