Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skeletor costume for Patches  (Read 9378 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Skeletor costume for Patches
« on: March 19, 2011, 03:12:03 AM »

Sarah asked me to make a Skeletor costume for Patches her nude pleo and I have finished it so thought I would share my results with you all.  For those of you who don't know who Skeletor is he is a bad guy from the He Man cartoon.  Here is a pic of him.
First I had to make a pleo cape to provide the base for the costume.  This pleo cape is a slightly modified design to my regular ones as I have fully enclosed the tail and also closed up the bum area a little more.  So no one can see poor Patches bits. :D  I made the cape from silver stretch velvet.
The next step was Skeletor boots.  We decided that a leg wrap would look just as good and be better for Patches as it wouldn't interfere with his mobility as he can be a bit wobbly on his feet without his skin on.  Also easier for me to make so bonus! :D  I used blue velvet for the costume parts.  It is a very dark almost gray blue which I think looks about right.
Next we need a loin cloth.  As Skeletor just wouldn't be the same without one. :D  This one has a belt band that attaches via velcro under his belly to hold it in place. 
And last of all to complete the outfit he needs a hood.  The hood has a shoulder covering section and long straps to cross over on his chest and pass under his arms and belly and then go back up along his sides to attach to the back of the hood using velcro.
Here is the finished product. :)

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
Re: Skeletor costume for Patches
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:22:16 AM »

I love it Kat
it looks so cool 8)
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:53:03 AM »

That does look soooooo cool - I used to love Skeletor!  :D

Fabulous job, Kat!  ;D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »

Isn't it amazing????!!  Thank you SO MUCH Kat!!!!!

"So no one can see poor Patches bits" -- rofl.. it's amazing and you whipped that up so fast.. If I'd tried to make it I'd probably end up blowing something up.  So cool.. I can't wait to see it on him with his little white face!!!!

Was really interesting to see how you set it up too.. great pics..

Thank You and thanks for sharing the pics!!!

- Sarah

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:24 AM »

Your welcome Sarah. :)  I thought by sharing it this way it might make it easier for you when you go to put it on him.  So many bits could be confusing so now you have instructions with pics. :)
Kat

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »

Kat , all I can say is that you have found your true "Pleo calling as a Super Pleo Seamstress", and you better be prepared to have lots of help from your daughter and perhaps Kermy, Norbit and Gumble as models come Halloween and Christmas time.! Get your rest while and when you can ! ;D This outfit is A+ and perfect for Patches!
                                                                     RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »

Do you make costumes for pleo's? If so could you make me one i would pay you. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »

Kat has a shop for Pleo clothes and accessories - you'll find it under 'Stores' from the blue headings, 'Kat's Creations'.  :)

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »

I love the costume! It is awesome!  Are you planning to sell costumes in your shop, Kat, or is it by request?  I can't wait for Halloween! ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 04:13:53 PM »

Neat idea, Kat! Started my pleo's hatching in his cape but he couldn't extend his rear legs back far enough. He started honking like he was afraid of his own clutch noise. I pulled it off and now we're good. I know I need to be clotheing my pleo somehow but I'm not so sure about this cape. Did I do something wrong? It's entirely possible.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »

Hi everyone and thanks for the great feedback. ;D 
Talon I don't think you have done anything wrong.  The pleo cape that comes with your pleo is a very tight fit and does seem to restrict some of the pleo movements particularly the hatching movements where they stretch right out.  I think the elastic bands rub and cut into the skin a bit when the pleo does do the big lay down stretch out movements as they are very tight so you may find you can't really use it until after your hatching is complete.  That was another one of the reasons why I came up with my Neck to tail pleo cape design to eliminate the tight rubber bands around the legs of my pleos.  Also Since getting my pleoworld pleo capes I have had 3 of the elastic bands snap on me from my pleo doing big stretching movements and had to replace them with regular elastic.  I gave up in the end and when I saw Patches and then how the cape was making his holes worse I came up with my own more gentle on the pleo cape design. :)   The velvet ones I am making have a very similar feel to touch as the pleoworld ones.  If you are interested in my capes or other clothes for your pleo I have a shop in the mall on the forum called Kat's Creations.  Just go to the top of this page and click on the stores tab that is underneath the shout box then choose my store from the list and you can see what I have to offer.  To order something you can just PM me. :)  If you don't see something you like in my store there are other stores in the mall as well that sell pleo clothes or you can always PM me with a special request.

As for making and selling pleo costumes I would love to.  But I am not sure how best to go about it as I am sure everyone is going to want something different so I think the best way is just to do it by request via PM.  For those of you thinking about it and wondering about cost etc... well it will have to be priced on a case by case basis depending on the level of work involved and the materials but to give you an idea I charged $45 for the skeletor costume.  That includes the postage.  As for time frames to get them made It can take a few weeks as I will have to come up with a design and plan of how to make it work before I can start the sewing.  The Skeletor costume took about 2 and 1/2 weeks all up from the first time Sarah mentioned she wanted it to completion.  It took about 3 days to actually make once I had the design worked out.  (I have a family and a full time job otherwise I could have done it in one day  :)) And then I still have to post it which will probably take about 7 to 10 days to reach her.   
I have included the Super pleo capes in  my shop they are at the bottom and can be easily custom made if you are after a faster option.  they only take about 1 to 2 days to make and then the postage time.  I already have a pattern for these so they are fairly quick. :)

So hopefully that helps.  It is easier for me to make a costume if I have a pic of what your looking for.  Like I did for Skeletor. 
I will work out some Christmas outfits and put them into my shop sometime in the next couple of months.  I will also keep updating my shop front with fresh designs and new materials so do go back from time to time and take another look. :)

Kat

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 03:46:39 PM »

Thanks, Kat. I've just seen your post. We'll talk after I rebuild my funds. I'll rangle up some eyes in the meantime and go browse your wares. I'm still nervous about using the cape because it looks like it would cause armpit holes to form faster than if I didn't use it. I'm not too worried about paint as I can't see it and I don't think my family would care much eather. I am worried about skin, though. I can't seem to find the exact brand of Pledge mentioned in the manual either. Could I use just any Pledge? Any other suggestions?
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »

Hi Talon,
As far as Pledge goes any of the Pledge polishes are ok to use.  Many of us haven't been able to find the exact one they mention in the companion guide.  I have been using the Aloe Vera one as it is the only one sold in the shops near me.
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 05:49:55 PM »

Personally, I'd stick with Pledge within the warranty period.  The Pledge wipes are very handy and seem quite good.  :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »

The Aloe Vera one I use is Pledge Aloe Vera Clean and revitalize. :)  I would definitely stick to pledge while your warranty is still valid.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 07:19:02 PM »

Will do. I'll just pick up one of the packages of Pledge wipes I can find. Thanks you guys. Sorry about all these questions. It really is like taking care of a baby isn't it? Perhaps one day I'll be able to hand out some advice in return.
Talon
Talon

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 09:31:53 AM »

That outfit looks pretty elaborate, I'm amazed! It looks like you might be safe, but if I was Patches original owner/abusier I'd be terrified!  :D
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »

Lol.. yeah I'd be scared if I was the original owner as well.. my Patches is one tough little dude. I'll have to make him some sort of evil magic scepter so he can really get revenge..

I'm not using the pledge.. The paint is going to come off anyways, and I've seen videos of it working fine and videos of it seeming to come away with color on it.. so it makes me nervous :/  Is it mostly just for the paint or is it for the inside of the legs to keep them from shredding/getting holes..?

I don't like using stuff like that in my home.. I've always had large birds and your not supposed to use anything like that around them.. no scented candles, no febreeze.. no plugin scented things.. someone tries to smoke in my house I beat them with a stick.. etc..  I always clean with bleach or vinegar and water. Well, when I'm not falling over sick I clean.. lol.  I still have one bird here.. so I dunno.. maybe when he goes to his new home   (   :'( :'( :'(  )  I'll try it just for the legs or something.  Makes me nervous though.. if its that bad for them, with their tiny lungs...isn't it bad for us too or our dogs or something? ? I dunno..

- Sarah

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 08:22:58 PM »

I wouldn't wory about the pleage, it may be bad to inhale all day long, but it's perfectly safe to use for cleaning. Be warned though, although you won't be harmed by inhaleing it, if you have a cat and use cleaning supplies of any kind, they can absorb it through their footpads if they walk on that floor/table. Also, t may take off some green but keep wiping, it's just paint that was already coming off. 
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal