Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey everyone!  (Read 1660 times)

Porcelina

• Hatchling
  • Female
Hey everyone!
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:57:41 AM »

Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone!

I joined here because I've decided to order myself a Pleo. They're so adorable...I've always loved dinosaurs, "virtual pets", and animatronic toys, so when I discovered Pleo, I knew I HAD to have one.

Right now I'm just trying to decide if I should order my Pleo now, or wait until April. I want to go through Pleoworld.com (I'm nervous about buying higher priced items from unproven websites), but I'm SOO mad that they don't sell the supercute pink/blue ones! Not sure why they thought it would be a good idea to only offer one color in the US - I'd probably be buying TWO from Pleoworld instead of just one if they did offer color choices. Anyway...

I can't wait to get my Pleo, but I wanted to see if you guys think I should order now or if it's probably better to wait til April to order? Also, what do you think of your pink and blue Pleos? Are they problematic/buggy? Do they respond to English commands (I know they were only distributed in Asia)?

Thanks.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Hey everyone!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:04:25 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forums! I'm not sure if I can answer your question about the pink and blue pleos properly. There seems to have been a first batch of all three colors with bad skin but (I believe) the newest software and sleep position have probably fixed the problem. As for the pink and blue pleo's ability to understand English, they understand any language. As long as they "hear" whatever you say the same way twice, you can teach them their name and the learning stones. I've been part of this forum since February second and I ordered my pleo March eighth. He's sitting at my house and I won't get to meet him until tomorrow because I'm away on business. I'm looking forward to raising him.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 05:49:22 PM »

Hi Porcelina and welcome to the forums.  I would order your pleo now and not wait.  They do seem to actually have a few in stock at the moment so get in while you can.  If you want a green one then you will need to go through Pleoworld.  Although they only offer the green ones it is important to remember that with the greens they are all very different in looks with each one having different colored eyes and skin combination's.  Some have dark green heads and others have light green heads and it seems there are a few different shades of greens they use for this, they all have different colored patches of skin around the eyes and there are a wide range of eye colors we have seen so far.  Some of them have a bright yellow color body with green highlights over the top while others have a more creamy yellow color as the base color with the green highlights.  so as you can tell they are all individuals and all look very different so even if you get 2 greens they wont look the same. 
If you did want the Pink or Blue ones your best bet is to go through Gimmedigi.  Many other forum members have purchased from here and are very happy with their pleos.  I have a pink pleo rb and also a green one and an older Ugobe pleo.  I can tell you that there is no difference between the pink and the green.  It does seem that the first batch of pleos that included all three colors did seem to have some with problems but I am happy to be able to tell you that they do seem to have resolved the issues.  I had to return my pink one due to a couple of issues, her tail cable broke and she had very bad skin holes, Innvo replaced her for me with one from the new batch of pleos and she has showed no signs of any problems.  They have tightened up the skin a little in the armpit areas and given the new batch of pleos a firmware update that changes the sleep position and puts pleo back into the packing position when you turn it off.  This seems to have resolved the skin issues.   :)
I guess the only difference with the Green pleos verses the pink and blue ones is that the pink ones are all genetically female and the blue ones are genetically male.  As for the green ones they could be either.  So with the green you just don't know what sex you will get.  You can find out the sex after it has arrived by using a little program called Statsrb made by Pleopet another forum member.  It runs on a micro SD card and will tell you the genetic makeup and general health of your pleo.
But in the end I guess it really doesn't matter and like the rest of us you will decide the gender of your pleo regardless of what the genetic makeup says.
Best of luck. :)
Kat   

Porcelina

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 10:05:40 AM »

Thanks for the replies. I don't know, the Pleos are all so cute. I can't decide which color I want! :)

I want all three colors, but I can really only afford one. I just bought myself a nice Alienware computer (was saving for months to buy it) and I have enough spending money left over to get a Pleo. Now to choose a color...(tough choice for me!).

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 11:44:51 AM »

Welcome to the forums!!

I have a green and a new pink RB.  Many people here have ordered the pinks and blues so if you check around you can see where most people get them and there are even posts devoted entirely to how well they handle customers, problems, etc..

Most people get the blue and pink from GimmiDigi..  Apparently the Blue and Pink was just a Hong Kong thing. 
Be careful with what you order now, some of the sites are offering a 'sale' on the colored ones, they were like $439 when I checked a few days ago and saying they come with anextra battery and food/learning stones..
When I looked into it, the battery was another 44 bucks and I didn't see anything about extra accessories.. they did list the normal accessory packs for around 20 bucks each though.. but buying just the PleoRB would be a deal since it should come with the one battery and the one set of food and one stone.. then you can decide what to get if you want more.  I like my pink one but it's exciting to see what color eyes the greens will be so it's a tough choice. I don't think the blues and pinks will be around forever, either but I have no idea if that's true. Like some folks said, if you want Green and they are still letting folks order, order now.
Best of luck and Welcome!!

- Sarah

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 04:01:41 PM »

Welcome to the forums :) All Pleo's, no matter which color you choose, are essentially the same so it all comes down to personal preference :) Good luck deciding :) I have a pink boy called Pleakley.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »

And I have a blue girl called Belle - bought from Gimmedigi before Christmas and no problems.  So far, anyway!  Welcome!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal