Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Pleo Makeover #4 a work in progress  (Read 9511 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Another Pleo Makeover #4 a work in progress
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2011, 03:10:37 AM »

I do understand the urge, RWM - I have a similar one to renovate.  Probably because of my antiques background, however, I'm more used to trying to replicate the original rather than be creative and just go for it!  At the moment, I'm still all tied up with watching the effects on the skin in the longer term of both the paints and the skin care products I've been trying, but in the future I will try to do follow your example and experiment a little!  :D

I like Nova's paler green head colour there, and I like the way you've also speckled the underside in a contrasting shade.  You're getting better results all the time! I now realise you will probably try yet another scheme in the future, but I really can't see Nova letting you get rid of the pink now!  :P  ;D

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2011, 05:48:13 AM »

Just want to say, i LOVE the red! I like nova's solid light-color head too. I have to admit, I'm not so keen on the speckles, but some of the pics where they don't have overboard speakles look pretty cute  :). My favorite is the solid red, but I kind of like the fantasy one too, with a little work, it could look like a chamealan (can't spell for the life of me) or gecko. Keep up the great work!
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2011, 11:50:43 AM »

Nova said she is keeping the color she has, I will only do touchups if needbe but her color is the way she wants it.....for now anyway, ( with Nova at one time, My first attempt she was painted with an acrylic all one color that did not work, flaked and took forever to get off, iN FACT  there are still some hidden little flakes I occasionaly come across, very annoying. >:() My next project is all depending on the final vote results of the color Poll that has about one week to go!
                       I am at this point looking at a more solid color with just color contrast, not all these speckles somthing more different, but I can't say what it is yet or it would be letting the cat ( Pleo) out of the bag.I have thus far only used old, paint worn or ones with lots of wear to use as models. I do have some great condition, New Pleos, but there are too many older model Ugobes out there screaming at me for a makeover...so that is where I am going with that. It does no good though to use one that has such bad skin that the paint will not adhere and or take the risk of making the skin worse. The skin has to be firm and moist enough, ( not too dried out) for the paint to work.
                    Red does seem to be popular and I have a certain dinosaur painting /model illustrations I have seen in a book that would be a good model for the right color, Getting that color may be the tricky part. I also have seen some great blue/greys lavender and green shades with nice contrast too. Everyone has to wait as I do to see what happends. It may just be a surprise for me as well! ;)
                                                               RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2011, 07:39:20 AM »

Hi Maria, yes, I was the first one to find this last week or so and it is listed under another heading, Ugobe Pleo Paint ----. Crewella then started a whole ink painting thing which got the" Mad painter" myself going if you look under that heading. I think lots of people are intersted in these inks for their Rb. :)
                                           RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2011, 03:46:07 PM »

Hi Maria, I have ordered that repair kit and will report back on it, but it looks like I'm going to have to wait about a month for it to get here!!  ???
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal