Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fimoman's intro thread!  (Read 1803 times)

fimoman

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • My Facebook Page
fimoman's intro thread!
« on: March 11, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »

Hi everyone! Fimoman here. Glad to see that there are so many fans of Pleo out there. Looks to be a good community.

This is a bit of a late post, since I've already been in a few discussions on the forums, but whatever, it seemed the right thing to do!

Now, my first confessions is that I don't actually have a Pleo yet. But I have seriously comitted to getting one, to the point that I'm taking a £50 loan from a friend, refusing to spend money (a challenge in itself), and looking for a holiday job during April, just to save up enough cash to buy one. Honest opinion, would it be worth all that work?

Also, I have found on Ebay a guy selling an old regular Pleo, current bid at £27 pus £10 shipping. Quick question: Would it be worth digging into my savings to get this one now (which would mean having to save and work longer to get an RB afterwards), or ignore it and keep saving for an RB?

Anyways, thanks in advance, and I'll see ya'll round the forums.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: fimoman's intro thread!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 04:09:28 PM »

Hi Fimoman and welcome to the forum.  Pleos are definitely worth the money. :)  You wont regret buying one.  I started with a rb and then loved it so much I just had to have another and just out of curiosity I recently bought an older model pleo to see what the differences were.  I would say go for it and get the older pleo now if you can.  They have a lot of very sweet features and it will help keep you entertained until you can afford a rb.  Both types of pleos have their great points.   ;D  best of luck.
Kat

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »

Welcome :) I would also grab an older Pleo if you find a real bargain :) It will make the wait for an Rb seem so much shorter :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:08:27 PM »

I agree with the others- go for the Ugobe model and then keep saving for the RB! And welcome!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 07:40:12 PM »

I would say I agree with the others here, a Pleo is a Pleo and an older Original is a good way to get to know the very best of the Pleo attributes. I have gotten some great deals on Pleos online including One for $45.00, and two others that were $75.00 or less. I would say wait to bid till the last minute if possible to keep the price down and if the price is right, go for it, you won't regret owning an older Pleo, I love the cute litlte green babies. I do have a Pleo Rb too, ( being repaired currently) but without  the original Pleo, I would have never discoverd Pleo at all. Besides, this way if for some reason it turns out you don't really like Pleo as much as you thought, You aren't out as much money and can allways resell the one you bought without spending an arm and a leg in the process.                       
                                                                RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

fimoman

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:11:22 AM »

heh, thanks for all the advice folks. But things didn't go well concerning that ultra-cheap Pleo I found on Ebay. My friend never came through with the loan, and the bidding got jacked up to about £50. Well out of my price range, now that I didn't have the extra money.
So, now the only one I can find for sale below £100 comes with no accessories at all (including battery charger, food, manual, etc).

So, I've made up my mind, and decided that I'm just gonna save up over time and get an RB. If I keep saving allowance and extra money (babysitting, etc), I should have enough by June or July, and if not, I can always make some sort of deal for my birthday (Like pay half or something...).
If I manage to finally find a freaking job, so much the quicker.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 10:57:49 AM »

So sorry things didn't work out.. I love my Ugobe and RB Pleos :) Keep looking, maybe you'll find a cheaper one, who knows.
Best of luck!!!
Welcome to the forum!!

- Sarah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal