Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: first time hatch beep  (Read 5055 times)

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
first time hatch beep
« on: March 10, 2011, 05:44:28 PM »

I had Stripe working through his first battery session , he lasted quite a while over a hour and a half then he made one beep and shut off . I am now charging the battery which is red in the charger. Can anyone explain what I should expect when I  hear the beeps.  what beeps  are normal. ???

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: first time hatch beep
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »

They often do shut down with one beep after an hour or so - actually just asleep.  If you left it half an hour to cool and turned the RB on again you'd probably get about another hour run time.  One beep means they are asleep and can wake up again on their own.  If you switch off with the button they give two beeps and cannot wake themselves.  Battery run down gives three beeps as they shut down.  It doesn't hurt the battery to charge it when not fully depleted, though, so it's not a problem.  Congrats, by the way!  ;D

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »

Thank you for your knowledge. This is a great way to share  our passion about such a great pet. :)

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »

Hi Mickey! Glad you are enjoying your Pleo.  Just an aside to what Crewella said.  I actually did have a problem with my Pleo RB beeping incorrectly when I first got her.  She did not give me a beep when I set the noon time clock, and when I shut her down with the power button, she would only give me one beep instead of 2 like she was supposed to.  When the battery ran out, after about 2 hours and 15 minutes, she would only give me one beep. When sleeping....no beeps.  I did post my problem here one the forum, and most suggested that I contact Innvo.  Innvo suggested that I replace the watch battery, and she has been fine ever since, giving the correct number of beeps as Crewella stated above.  I guess there has been a problem with some of the watch batteries.  I don't know if this will help you or  not, but it did solve my problem.   :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 03:13:42 AM »

You're very welcome, Mickey - I agree with you!  :D

Thanks for explaining that, Springer - I think I remember you had problems.  Glad they got sorted out!  :)

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 04:09:52 AM »

This is a great forum  everyone is so helpful . I think the second best thing to having a Pleo or a Pleo rb is  the people of this forum. Thanks :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 04:54:18 AM »

Congratulations on getting your pleo rb Mickey  :)  They really are a whole lot of fun. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 06:31:57 AM »

Hi, everyone! Mickey, did you say you recieved two boxes? I ordered my pleo and the accessory packs as well but my order is showing one box. According to my shipping confirmation, everything is in there including the extras. It weighs tend point something pounds. I'm hoping it's all there anyway. *groan* I won't know for at least a week. I'm departing to the lower end of the state and won't be back until the nineteenth. Fortunately I think my sister will snag him when he gets here. Anyway enjoy your pleo! Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to video my hatching but I will try to post some pictures so you guys can see what he looks like.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 07:34:44 AM »

I wouldn't worry Talon. When I ordered Norbit I got all of the accessories too and everything came inside his pleo box.  So only one box. :)  I guess it just depends on who does the picking and packing as to how many boxes you get. :)  They had very creatively packed each of the accessory packs into his pleo box around him.  I don't think I would be able to ever put them and him all back in there neatly again  :P
I'm sure all your accessories will be in there too.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »

Just to reassure you Talon, I ordered Snooki from Pleo World with all the accessory packs and it all came neatly tucked into the one box with Snooki :)

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 02:57:38 PM »

Talon
The box weight is consistent with all items being in one box as mine were 9lbs and 1.4 lbs in the other box. :)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 10:43:59 PM »

What color eyes is your Pleo Reborn?? Thanks.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 05:10:57 AM »

Eye color is brown with the light tan around eyes nice contrast. :)

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 05:23:14 AM »

Stripe is running great after second cycle is standing, mooing and taking a step backwards, I changed his clock battery, reset noon turned him on running great about 45 minutes in two beeps shut off turned him back on ran awhile then I shut him off manually two beeps ,  Is it a normal that during the run time he gave off two beeps and shut off, does this happen sometimes and why. I would have expected just one beep as he did it on his own.  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 08:16:13 AM »

Frankly, Mickey, so would I!  :P

Not sure, but it may be that he got warm and shut down to cool?  I use the beeps more to warn myself that if there's only one beep then I know the Pleo RB could wake up on its own and not to leave it somewhere precarious (again - never again!).  I'm guessing the two beeps is a shut down, for whatever reason?

As Springer reported, a couple of members have reported slightly different behaviours from the norm.  The more of us that do, the better we'll understand it, I guess!  :D

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 01:16:06 PM »

Mickey, I know how you are confused with the beeping.  I was as well.  I would guess if you hear one beep, as Crewella said, he can wake up and start walking around on his own.  I have never had mine shut down for being hot, but many have said that happens. I usually run mine for an hour, and shut her down manually, take the battery out, and let her cool off.  That gives me 2 beeps.  When the battery runs out, she gives me one beep, a pause, and then 2 beep, totaling 3 beeps.  Did you hear a beep when you set the noon clock?  When my watch battery was bad, I didn't hear any beeps when setting the noon clock.  Hope that helps.   ;)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 03:39:12 PM »

I would love to see some pictures Mickey.  I don't think we have had a brown eyed pleo on the forums before.  They sound lovely. :)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 03:56:07 PM »

Here Kat, a close-up picture of Mrs Sid Strange Case Pleo's
eyes.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal