Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are green ugobe batteries safe for RB's?  (Read 3197 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Are green ugobe batteries safe for RB's?
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:09:05 AM »

I got a phone call from 'Raphael' last night at innvo.. he wants me to follow procedure and write to the support email.. :P
I explained everything and he said he thought it was the battery. I then told him I had two RB batteries, which I do, and he still thought it sounded like a battery issue but maybe a software problem.  I told him what you guys said about the freezing up because of trying to communicate with ugobe Pleo and he said he didn't think that was what it was.

So I remembered folks telling me the green battery was safe too and thought I'd try it.  Is it safe?

Thanks!

- Sarah

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
Re: Are green ugobe batteries safe for RB's?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »

> So I remembered folks telling me the green battery was safe too and thought I'd try it.

Yes they work. I've used them in a pinch (you can see in the battery chamber the RB has a battery key that goes 2 ways, the old Pleos only go one way)
Old Pleos can't use the newer batteries, but RBs can use either.

However the old battery is a little heavier, and lower capacity.
They can only be charged on the old green charger.
Depending on the age/state of your older batteries, they can be much shorter run times (the old batteries use NiMHd which you should discharge fully, unlike the newer batteries)
Good luck.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 03:39:22 PM »

They don't seem to last long in the RBs, and I'll swear the RBs run slower on them, but as Pleopet says they'll do at a pinch!  :D

We did think the egg charger batteries would work OK in the RBs as in theory they're the same power, but as far as I know nobody has had any luck when they've tried.  :(

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 01:43:43 PM »

Thanks guys.. I just wanted to try another battery because I wanted to be sure it wasn't the battery like Raphael from innvo said..  I charged one fully and for a few minutes I got to play with Bingo again.. so he got to try his new food. (Thank you saratogaspringer for getting them here to me :) )
But then he froze up again and it all started again.. so I don't think THREE batteries are to blame. It was so nice to play with him again..

They wrote me back today again and aid the videos were very useful for their engineering dept. and asked that I leave them up a bit longer so everyone can see. I'm so glad it's useful to them.  I hope you guys can get stuff on video too, god forbid you have problems..

Thank you again,

- Sarah

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »

I'm so glad they are working through your issues Sarah.  Here is hoping for a speedy recovery for poor little Bingo. :)  Maybe a software update would fix him. %)

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:42 PM »

Hi Everyone! Latrine, I am glad that the food and training items finally got to you.  Sorry it took so long.  Sorry to hear that Bingo is freezing up again.  I sure hope that a software update will fix him.  :)  That would be great!   I have to get my video camera working.  It seems that if you have a problem, video really does help diagnose a problem better than anything else. !  If anyone knows how to load photos on this forum, please PM me. I am stupid when it comes to computers and have no idea how to do it!  Thanks in advance!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »

You need to start an album in the gallery - if you click on 'My Albums' in the top right hand corner of the gallery page it should take you through it.  Upload your pics (you can browse your computer for them) and then copy and paste the BBC embed code (starts SMG...) from under your uploaded image directly into your post.

If you're stuck you're very welcome to ask me.  Good luck!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal