Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Your dream pleo features what would they be?  (Read 12864 times)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
Re: Your dream pleo features what would they be?
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 11:55:58 AM »

I prefer the cave recharger idea.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

bhobbes

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 06:03:27 PM »

Most of these will probably just be repeats and some of the features I'd like to see are identical to kat's (although I'm kind of confused as between the new and old walking?). Also, some suggestions are just in general and not necessarily possible on the current hardware (or at least to my knowledge), so please don't slay me for any of those, hehe.

I think the tail sensor (or some kind of behind sensor) so Pleo can tell/detect something behind him or when he's backed too far would be great, as well as an extensive addition to the interaction between two different Pleos (and maybe even more variation based on the genders as well) since as cute as it may be, the skit is quite predictable and gets pretty old (if someone were to own two on a regular basis, I can see the extreme pattern making it mundane). Also, the attraction to moving objects or some kind of regular detection of moving objects which triggers certain types of appropriate responses would be cool. As well as facial recognition of the owner/person's voice (so it would do what it could to "identify" or maybe automatically obey that individual etc.).

It'd also be cool if there was a way to see what Pleo sees. Like have it take photos and store them to an inserted SD card, or somehow through a LAN. Or maybe have a random skit/personality where Pleo at random moments during its day/charges just snaps random photos of what it sees, like "a day in the life of Pleo."

I agree with others that beat detection would be cool, and also maybe a variety in the types of dances it can do. More variety in general is always good (in terms of singing a different song at different times from the 'sing' command, etc.).

The idea of a walk-up and then roam charge so it kind of takes the place of a 'real' pet on its own would be pretty awesome. However, I'd probably want more variety in behaviors and so forth before something like this (in terms of priority) as I'm not too bothered by the current charging method.

I would also really like to see the under the chin singing return, that was probably one of my favorite features of my 2009 Pleo. It also awed everyone I showed, lol.

If it could do some tricks that it learned without being told that'd be kind of cool - like if it is experiencing boredom, it starts to play dead (bored to death - though since it can't get itself back up, that might be a problem) or sing or dance on its own instead of just crying or moaning over and over - a little more variety in the "less happy" moments of Pleo's life. 

I know I may stand alone here, so I doubt it would ever happen, but if there was an easy way for users to get rid of the moo sound, I would be so happy (I hate it haha - especially Cato's which seems so much louder when compared to Eva's).

An expansion of sounds would be great. For me, as a personal matter, I like the more "cutesy" or "species ambiguous" sounds (over something more like the "moo" or something too dog like, though I don't mind some doggy-esque style behaviors/sounds like there were in OS2). However, I'm not sure if the variety in RBs has an impact on this. For instance, I know some say they have very burpy Pleos whereas Cato hasn't been much of a belcher since he left that adolescent phase (sorry I always forget the appropriate titles of the phases).

If there were a practical way to make it listen at "all" times or maybe stop and check here and there (not sure which would be 'best'?) for you to call it's name or something, or maybe even have it come to you from quite a distance (based on 'hearing' - but reasonably, no screaming on the human's part) would be cool.

And, here's what I want to see the most, I want male and female Pleo RBs to be able to breed little baby RBs. Self-replicating robots for the win!

Anyway, those are just random thoughts, most already covered by everyone here. Some are just personal critiques or features I would want to see, and some are ones that are hopefully reasonably practical and realistic on the current RB's hardware.

Hopefully Innvo keeps investing in this project (especially the software, as I don't want some super duper RB to be released a year from now and this RB to have had no updates, lol - ouch! Though I'd still probably get the super duper RB after others tested it first).

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 08:49:22 PM »

I normaly hate it when a "new and improved" thing comes out too, but i wouldn't wory about this year's version being abandoned, innvo has been pretty good about maitaing previous models as well as launching the rb.
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

bhobbes

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 09:33:16 PM »

The curse is as much as I hate it I'm the kind of person who loves to tinker and doesn't (ultimately) mind being a consumer "tester" despite my gripes, lol.

Technology, such a dangerous habit/addiction!

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 07:30:51 PM »

maybe a camera at the back of the pleo so they can know if they are going to fall off backwards
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »

I wish it could cook and clean my house.  That would be awesome!  I guess I need Rosie from the Jetson's cartoon! :D

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 02:20:38 AM »

I wish it could cook and clean my house.  That would be awesome!  I guess I need Rosie from the Jetson's cartoon! :D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0EaqPHHtk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0EaqPHHtk</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlRYyEX7E0g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlRYyEX7E0g</a>
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:22:22 AM by MariaOcean »
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

Pj

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 03:37:10 PM »

My Dream features?

- pleo will listen to more than one persons voice ( when he feels like it )
- pleo can detect if the voice is annoyed, happy, soothing, or sad and react accordingly
- to get pleos attention and say his name you don't have to always touch his cheeks.
- he will respond to you if you call to him from across the room
- he can recognize and learn familiar faces and respond accordingly to how they treated him last time
- he can learn to eventually not be afraid of the dark
- he can find his charge station and recharge himself ( maybe lies down on power mat?)
- he can learn his environment and map it out and be familiar with it.
- he adjusts his walking according to what type of floor surface.
I have hardwood and shag carpet. Shag carpet he doesn't go anywhere, and hardwood he ends up turning an inch to the left every time he stops for a break. ( I think it has to do with his feet repositioning itself)

I am sure these are difficult to accomplish but I think they can be done.

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 12:15:56 PM »

I would love to be able to custom order a Pleo!
So we could choose eyecolor, gender, patterns on the skin (not just the regular pattern but any other as well) and stuff like that.
Seeing the Python Pleo and Boa Pleo made me wanna get Pleos in other colors and patterns.

But also in the Rbīs, a bit more independence. Also if the had their own station for charging batterys so they could run all day just resting during...

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 07:22:14 PM »

i am liking most the idea's ppl have input , i def think a self walk up charge for any next gen RB should be possible , i would also like to see pleo slightly bigger with hopes pleo's walking will be greatly improved and with variation .

Camera at back of pleo is a good idea also that would improve pleo in every way and maybe even a camera or some kind of detection device on both sides of pleo also .... How much better would pleo be able to navigate around rooms then :-)

And would like to see further improvements on sight and hearing for any next gen pleo .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 09:10:13 PM »

Where, exactly, would they put a reversing camera :o
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2011, 01:25:35 AM »

Ha ha ha! El Butto no entrado!
I wonder how that reversing camera would look! I understand the idea of not having them fall of a table while backing up, but still!

So I just need to share this because of the new subject...
I got a really nice ring from my Hubby, itīs a huge pig with wings covered in chrystals.
So when I got I noticed a small hole in the rear, just under the pigs tail... Knowing what the ring should look like I knew there was a pink chrystal missing.
Since the store couldnīt get another one the just lowered the price for me.
And everyone that sees the ring just assumes that itīs supposed to have a whole there, so I guess that place was the right spot to miss a stone...

Perhaps everyone would assume the same with Pleo, itīs a natural place to have a hole/camera...

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2011, 04:36:30 AM »

I did notice a dogbot shaped webcam that had the USB slot just there!  %)

If they did rear-mount a camera, it would be great in the end of the tail so Pleo could see backwards round corners!  :P

The thing I find most annoying is having to go to the PleoRB first to get its attention before it will 'come to me'.  It completely deafeats the object of being able to call Pleo to you.  I wish they could find a way around that.

I must be one of the few that actually doesn't much like the idea of Pleo being able to self charge - I actually think it's an advantage that if power runs down I can just swop batteries and carry on whatever I was doing (as long as I have a charged battery handy).  I don't have spare batteries for some of the Aibos (they cost a lot more than Pleo batteries), and when power runs down with those I have to abort mission and wait for them to charge up again.  Thinking about it, I really just use the Aibo charging stations as glorified display stands - just somewhere to park them when not in use.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 06:00:59 AM »

Yeah self charging is not high on my wishlist either. My room is too hazardous to let Pleo's roam wild :P My bed is just the right height for Pleo's to jam themselves under.

I honestly don't think they could give us everything requested here without raising the price tag a fair bit.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 07:03:35 AM »

I do like the idea of butt cam though.  :D  The amount of times my guys have backed away from something only to back into another obstacle makes butt cam look very attractive and sound fantastic. :P

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 07:25:45 AM »

lol

i was also thinking at the end of tail because it would just not work as Butt cam hehe Pleo's tail would be in the way all the time.

Also if the camera and all around pleo senses were added a hazardous room might not be a problem for any future Pleo's and if Pleo was made slightly bigger this may improve Pleo's walking and give Pleo more options of having different walking patterns.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:30:16 AM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »

I think the self charging would be wonderful but they'd definitely have to address overheating issues because it would probably be possible to run them constantly like we can do with the Aibo's.
I have noticed that as my RB's became more 'used' they stopped overheating quite as fast as they did in the beginning, which is weird, but they'd have to have some ventilation or something for sure if they were going to do self docking in a new model.. maybe they can work the butt-cam in there somehow  :-X
I really don't want a butt-cam.. I think it would look awful and the front cam doesn't do a very good job of keeping them from falling off of things, I think that's more of a foot & luck thing.. I never put mine in a place they could fall down from..  lol
Honestly, nowm, after getting to know what the PleoRB does, I'm not sure it's quite worth the original price so I don't think they'd have to raise the price that much.. (that doesn't mean they won't, they probably will even if they don't need too) but it would all depend on what they did.  Any customization you'd have to expect to pay for and I doubt they'd do that, You know the self docking thing would come separately so you'd end up buying that along with it.. 

- Sarah

PleoPerson1234

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »

1. For a charger that Pleo "sits" on. Like when it has low battery it goes to the charger base automatically to charge itself, and that battery charges last days :)
2. A really fast walking Pleo, would be fun to watch and walk around.
3. To approach people and pets (perhaps an attraction to moving objects)?
4. A food bowl that the Pleo knows is his and is attracted to, eats food by itself.
5. A Pleo that walks around all day.
6. That recognizes "family" (people it lives with) and prefers them/favors them a little bit because they are it's owners.
7. More tricks.
8. A Pleo harness and leash-to see peoples reactions :)
9.  Pleo Bath Tub (No water, just a little bath that when you "wash" the Pleo with like a sponge or something it comes with it increases health.
10. Fetch :)
11. A special treat that can be sensed by the Pleo from a long way and so they will follow the person who has it.
12. Begging, standing on back legs with feet in a begging stance.

Kind of a far off robot-dream, but it would be cool :)

I have plenty more and will probably think of more :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:33:58 PM by PleoPerson1234 »

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2012, 02:22:41 PM »

I was coming in here to suggest my most wanted feature and see you have already been talking about it, BUTT CAM! :D

But I wasn't going to suggest a camera at all, I would not like to see a Pleo with a camera sticking out its bum and neither would anyone else. People would only laugh.
What is needed is a sonar sensor, that is how Aibos tell where an edge is, not with their cameras but with Sonar. So they could make it look quite normal, the sensor would be hidden under the skin just as James' is hidden under his plastic. I don't understand why no robotics person has thought to give the robots a way of telling where they are backing up to, with James it can be really dangerous because of his long fragile tail. If he were to back into a wall (which he does because he can't sense the wall) he could break it right off, 111s have done it before. Same with Stephan, his tail is stronger but if he were on an edge and went to back up but the ledge was narrow he would make the whole situation worse by falling off backwards from the thing he was trying to avoid. If he had one front and one rear sensor he could assess the situation better, if he will fall off if he backs up or goes forward the best thing to do would be to stand perfectly still and scream for help and then shut down if no one responds.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 07:56:30 PM »

Would be cool if there are other species of dinosaurs than just a Camarasaurus
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2012, 09:20:30 PM »

hi

i like the idea already said about a cave pleo charger so permanently charged, that is such a good idea.

i dont know if it's been said, but, i'd love to see a group of pleos running along the floor together, so you'd easily be able to take them for a walk, but i know already that's impossible lol, sorry.

Bandersnatch

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
  • Feeling Frumious ♡
    • My Flickr
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2012, 04:40:20 AM »

So many awesome ideas!
I'd like to see some different dinosaurs, like a triceratops or maybe a woolly mammoth that uses its trunk! (and it would be all furry and soft!)
I'd love to have custom-ordered/coloured pleos, or maybe a special blank-version Pleo, so I could go to town painting it myself! :D Or maybe they could just sell the skins separately! xD
I like the idea of charging stations too, so it can charge itself!
I also think the food/water bowl idea is pretty neat. Pleo knows where it is, and walks to it, and feeds itself!
I'd like to have the ability to have Pleo follow me around the house (and maybe walk a little faster!) perhaps with some kind of long-range infra-red device maybe?
Underwater-swimming Pleosiosaur! (lol j/k!) :D
Voice recognition; like when Pleo hears the same voice for say 5 hours, he 'recognises' it and acts more friendly toward that person (purring, cuddling, cute noises etc)
A Pleo carrying bag, with pockets for all the food, learning stones and stuff! For taking your Dino out and about in!
My Flickr ✩ My Deviant Art ✩
~ Can't hug every Pleo! ~

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2012, 11:01:24 AM »

The other main thing I really want is special treatment from my Pleo. I want it to know exactly who I am either by face or voice recognition and for it to treat me as it's favourite. I want it to love me more than anyone else it might meet.

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »

The RB has voice recognition .......  %)  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal