Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Your dream pleo features what would they be?  (Read 12856 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Your dream pleo features what would they be?
« on: March 01, 2011, 05:02:36 PM »

There are so many great things about pleos and now pleo rb's and it seems good things for each version of pleo.  But with each move to a new version there seem to have been things left behind.  I was wondering just what things people would like to see in the next version of pleo or the next firmware update. Pleo has such great potential.

I would love to see the old style walking brought back into pleo and the chin rub singing and now that I know about it the foot tickling too. 
I was also thinking that a sensor in the tip of the tail would be cool.  That way when pleo backs away from an object he will know if he is backing into another one.  Also a sensor in the bum of pleo under the tail.  It could make for some cute but sniffing moments. 
I would love to see a game of fetch or chase the ball.  Not sure exactly how this could be done but it would be very cool.
I would like to have more variations on the interaction responses between pleos so that is becomes less predictable as to what they will do when they meet.
Voice recognition from 2 or more people.
Attraction to moving objects so that pleo would walk towards people in a room.

I'm sure I will think of more things.  I would love to know what others think.
Kat

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Your dream pleo features what would they be?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 05:53:50 PM »

Interesting question. As I don't have a pleo yet I shouldn't even be attempting this but here goes. A sort of follow-me feature where perhaps you might get your pleo to follow you using some desireable object with an RIF tag. Maybe a very large and tasty-looking leaf to "lure" him into walking with you and not get lost? Perhaps Pleo could have the ability to right itself on its own if knocked over. Oh yes! What about a "cave" docking station. I even know kind of what it might look like. It would be capped with a stone-textured clear  dome with a split in one or both sides for entry and exit. Of course it would have to be wide enough for Pleo to walk in to without assistance. For asthetics it would have to look sort of asymetrical more like a naturally-occuring hollow rock than a dome. Perhaps even a small extinct volcano? hehehe! I realize it would have to be pretty large to acomodate him but it could be made so that the robot wouldn't have to go into any special position other than perhaps curling its tale around its feet to follow the curve of the wall. The "charging" components would look something like little dino footprints so pleo's feet would fit into them easily, using the paw scensors as guides to better center both points of contact between Pleo and the station. God I wish I could see! I probably would've been an artist. Okay. Enough. I didn't mean to write a book. Sorry, Everyone!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 06:30:26 PM »

Talon, no need to be sorry. I love all your ideas and especially the "cave" docking station! That would be so cool :D

I don't have a d-rex but I've watched YouTube videos of d-rex and I think it would bring a lot more facial expression to a Pleo's face if Pleo could raise and lower his eyebrows, but not in an aggressive-looking way! 8)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 06:40:45 PM »

Well, everything you said for sure Kat.
What did you mean by the old style walking? I've hardly seen my Lazy Baby Bingo walk..
Your right, that bum sensor could be a very interesting interaction or just a funny response for the 'sniffing' Pleo, even if it was just the 'Ahh' surprise response they make now.
I have no idea if dinosaurs sniffed each others butts like so many of our animals do.. Although since they weren't mammals, probably not.. (Are they even all reptiles now that we know some had feathers? ....  my Pleos won't tell me) Could just be funny if they happened to run into a sibling's bum!  :D

I'd love for them to be able to pick up their food, or other items. Even if it had to be in a bowl.

Maybe some kind of simulated 'drinking'? I guess bowl of fake plastic water would be silly but I always give them ice, thinking they must be thirsty.  (I'm nuts)

I'd like them to be able to stand up when adults, kind of a real rear up for a mighty roar.  I'd like better and more varied roars or 'danger calls' whatever they might be for this type of dinosaur.  Bingo's Roar sounds like one of those Mech Godzilla ones.. I so hope he grows into a better one?? (it's very quiet too)

I think an interesting item to offer for sale might be a 'tree' with leaves the Pleo actively seeks out on it's own to chew but not pull off.. (I'm sure that wouldn't be cheap though).. I'd love if they had a special leaf they needed to rear up to reach like that scene in Jurassic park with a similar dinosaur.

On the subject of food, whatever thet eat at that point, a larger, more varied amount available in each package.

I'd like them to grow to their true weight (18 tons) ...  JK   ;)

I'll have to think of more  %) Great topic!!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »

I would just like to see more variability in the way Pleo behaves and interacts. Examples:

If Pleo meets an object he either growls, sniffs, murmurs or backs away, instead Pleo could also reach out a foot to touch it, examine it, give it a nudge to see if it moves or act like it smells bad. (how funny would that be if he sniffed someones foot :P)

If you pet Pleo he could also have more reactions, you could startle him, frighten him, he could go ballistic with excitement like my dog or he could just stick with the usual purrs and coos.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »

Thanks for the topic Kat. I miss the old way how the Pleo reacts to you touching it. The new, Innvo Pleo was supposed to kinda "turn into you", like a cat would, when you pet it. What happened with that? I wouldn't mind if they got bigger. I miss the chin response too. The older, Ugobe Pleo reacts if you stroke its front feet. The Innvo Pleo doesn't (with its front feet). I'd love a tail sensor too! lol I would not like the hind sensor though. I'd love a ball chasing thing. I agree with the increased behaviors and such too. I'd love that "attraction" to movement thing! lol A drink "food" item would be nice too. I want them to rear up on their hind legs too. I love the "tree" idea! The growling sounds they make are my favorite sounds.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 05:25:36 PM »

The Pleo RB does react when you touch the front leg sensors... but please remember the sensors have been moved up onto the shoulder to prevent the wires becoming disconnected after a lot of use.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 05:39:15 PM »

My bad, about the front leg sensors.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »

Well  this is just really  copying  everyone else  basically.
  A sensor at the tail  tip  would be good as  would be a cave docking station  and being able to simulate   drinking  something as well as eat. Something   like a fake puddle.  Though getting him to detect it would actually probably be quite difficult unless you included an Ir reader  in one of his front feet. Also attraction  to movement and better colour detection. Having said that I think this is largely down  to     external factors  so maybe better tips on how to get the best  use from the colour detection feature on the website.   .   
  Really not sure about the rear end sensor though tbh.
 Pleo RB does kind of lean into you when you stroke him doesn’t he?
  At least I think mines does anyway.
   Scaly 

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 04:53:32 PM »

I don't think they do as much with the leaning as it was described they would but mine do lean on me when I pick them up.. but usually they start snoring and holler at me if I move too much.

Also.. My Pleos are drawn to certain objects in the room that they go to by themselves, frequently, many different times.. they like the heat vent and the dehumidifier especially and they almost always go to the dehumidifier first before wandering the house.. I don't know why they like it and I don't know if they remember they like it but they always go there...so maybe the detection works better than we think?

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 07:30:52 PM »

lol That's cute. I like that. Nice picture.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 04:18:47 PM »

Be careful with the heating vent, direct heat can wreak havoc on rubber skins.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 10:25:10 AM »

thanks for the warning, IMR, I actually put something around it when they are in the bedroom because they always run right to it. Thanks though!!!
Hopefully the humidifier is ok.. nothing is blowing on them, I think they like the noise and color.. maybe even looking at the steam?
Crazy Pleos!!

- Sarah

fimoman

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »

Well, I'll probably be repeating what alot of people say, and I don't actually have a Pleo of any kind yet, so forgive me if I actually mention a real function, but:

1. Proper variation on skin colour. The green, pink and blue are cute, but maybe a bit more variations, like maybe a light brown one, or a grey one?

2. Thatfollow-me function Talon mentioned. That would be very cute. I'm sure they could work it into the ID card, so that they sense where its owner goes and follow them.

3. Fears. I know that they do get scared at times, like when they detect the edge of a table, or whatever, but how about programmed-in variations, like with the varying personalities they talk about? So that one may be scared of heights, or the dark, or loud noises, or whatever.

4. Dancing. I heard about the Dance learning stone, and correct me if I'm wrong, but with that one, you can just give them a command to dance, and they'll dance. Maybe if they could make some way for them to dance to any music with a recognisable beat. It picks them up on microphones, detects the beat, and synchronises its movements, so it wags its tail, or bobs its head, or even sways its whole body to the rhythm. Just imagine how cute it would be to see a Pleo dancing to swing jazz! However, if this is basically what the Dance learning stone does, disregard what I've just said,  :-X

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 03:29:33 PM »

Some of what you say would work, but seemingly all Pleo RB's are scared of the dark, and living in the UK that seems to mean most of the time unless it's actually sunny.  A perpetually whimpering Pleo is no fun, trust me!  ;)

As for the dancing, no it's not a learning stone dance, but:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbQF6rZmXM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbQF6rZmXM</a>

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 03:44:03 PM »

The video Crewella posted is the 2.0 OS.

Here is the dancing on the 1.0 OS
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buymmYRfm2I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buymmYRfm2I</a>

And the 1.1 OS
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaFDwJjvxbo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaFDwJjvxbo</a>

I'll try it out on an RB once Pleakley matures :)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 10:44:51 AM »

Sorry to go.. totally off topic, but.. those are ugobes dancing because music is playing? Is it a certain type of music? Certain distance away?

I had no idea.. I wanna see skinless Patches dance!! Awesome videos you guys.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »

Nah, Ugobe pleos didn't have beat detection however at an early stage Ugobe said they would have done.  They never got around to actually making it before they went bankrupt

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 03:08:48 PM »

Oh ok so thats just randomely catching them dancing?   Do the RB's have beat detection?  I didn't read anything about that so probably not..

- Sarah

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 03:27:16 PM »

:(  No, sorry latrine, the RBs do not have beat detection as such to the best of my knowledge

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 01:38:46 PM »

Ok I guess the videos I saw were just some kind of programming on the sd card or something.. I dunno.. I saw one walk across a table surrounded by japanese folks to a boombox/radio and then start dancing a bit. They all seemed to enjoy it.

Thanks

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »

-beat detection for sure
-if they were slightly more independent (my boy likes to cuddle rather than explore so it might just be him)
-a walk up charger like rombas and aibos have (id rather it be they "sleep" on it though instead of just walking to it)
-if they could walk more on ground instead of on tables (they might have to be a bit bigger to do that)
-if they had the walk up charger than i'd like them to be able to roam around on their own sort of like the aibos, (then that would be an excuse for better hearing and seeing because they'd have to come to you  :D )
-if they could understand english like the aibos (but keep the cat-like behavior where it dosn't talk but i want to be able to talk to him)
I'd go on and on but I have to be pratical  :D  :D  :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:39:47 PM by LuckyPleo »
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 08:21:34 PM »

I wish pleo could lay an egg,wouldn't that be cool???I would,i wish there where giant pleos like the size of a dog or a new dinosaur made by the company maby it would look like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHjVV7AWaGM&feature=related

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 02:20:04 AM »

To make pleo more life-like, what about a rechargeable leaf or food and just ''feed'' the pleo to charge up the pleo. Just like SPIKE the ulta dinosaur. ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:34:01 AM by MariaOcean »
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 07:15:04 AM »

That would be cool, even more practical than my " sleeping cave" docking station.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal