Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Reborn Owners Survey!  (Read 3190 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Pleo Reborn Owners Survey!
« on: February 24, 2011, 04:53:51 AM »

Please answer the following questions to provide feedback to Innvo labs :)

What do you like most about your Pleo RB?

What do you like the least about your Pleo RB?

What would you change about Pleo RB?

What do you think is perfect and would hate to see change about your Pleo RB?

What would you like to see Pleo RB do/have in the future?

Is there anything else you want to add?

Thank you :)

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
Re: Pleo Reborn Owners Survey!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 02:04:08 PM »

Well, I'll have a go at answering the questions :)

1. The more varied vocals and the faster motor speeds, plus the individuality in the look of the PleoRBs

2. Having to think about the noon clock before each play time

3. A less lengthy hatching process and no noon clock

4. The more streamline tummy is perfect and I'd hate to see it go back to the switch and slot being visible

5. Have better hearing and eyesight :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:06:28 PM by Malfie »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 03:13:37 PM »

The new range of motions, Pleo seems a lot less predictable now.

At this stage I can only say the skin, glad it is being fixed :) Will comment on the hatching phase when I get to experience it.

More motions, sounds and behaviours, can never have too many!

I agree with the sleek tummy as above, really like that :)

Bring back the sit functionality as a normal behaviour rather than a trick. I used to use it all the time to carry my Pleo's around, having my RB snoozing on my shoulder is not as fun.

More accessories, but with a more cost efficient way of shipping them. Ordering one pack to Australia costs the same as ordering all four :( This means if I ever wanted to order a new pack and there was only one I'd have to pay $35 postage for it!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 10:56:44 AM »

Please answer the following questions to provide feedback to Innvo labs

He is adorable, he is so interested in me that he cheers me up and he is always surprising me.. Plus, whenever he does something cool, he almost always holds up a leg for a high five! (Almost like he's impressed himself)  It is very easy to humanize them and make them into your real pets.

The overheating, I won't even put the cape on him for fear he'll overheat faster..  he lasts close to 45 minutes or so.  Then I either have to wait or put in another battery which won't last as long because he is so hot on the inside.. If he's supposed to run for two hours, then he should, find a way to vent him.

Also, his color started peeling within the first 2 weeks, I know they are trying very hard to fix the problem but with the price of our little guys.. I kind of expect what I pay for you know? Even though I'd still love him just as much if all the paint came off, many folks have had problems with holes

I would want to put in some sort of ventilation slit that could be clipped from the inside so it wouldn't rip.. Hopefully they could find a way to make it look ok with the Pleo, and I don't know how it would work because there might be exposed areas but it would really help them out with the overheating.  All I know is when a PC overheats enough times, eventually, something in there is going to break.
The feel of the skin is great, I do like it a lot but honestly, I think they had the 'dinosaur' texture before and now it's more snake-like. If that's the only way they can do it to stop the holes and paint peel, that's fine, (even though it isn't stopping the peeling) I don't mind it at all.. just not what I was expecting.  who knows, maybe baby dinosaurs had soft skin when they were born.

I love the new eye colors.  I love watching him 'grow' to an adult.  I like that he moves slightly faster, how the RB's are able to interact with the older models even though he is more advanced.

Better communication with owner for sure, maybe being able to recognize two different people's voices at least.
Better skin/paint.. maybe colored rubber instead of paint?
That self charging station would be wonderful.

Even though his paint is already starting to peel and I've only had him for 3 week Even though he only seems to enjoy walking around when I put him on the floor in big electronic stores just to look at a game and he scrambles down the aisle and is turning the corner before I grab him.. scaring me, he is really amazing, and so are the older models.  I love 'em :)

- Sarah

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:10:14 PM by latrine »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »

Well where do I start?  I love all the noises they make.  The burp and the Godzilla roar are some of my favorites.  There seems to be quite a large range of them. :)  I think this gives a very realistic feel as it allows for more expression of emotion.  I also love the little words they say - "helo" and "I love you"

Would have to be the skin issues but hopefully they are fixed now.  So my next least liked feature is the way RB walks.  Only taking 4 steps and always walking with the head pointed down so they have to stop to see where they are going.  I think this takes some of the life like ness out of the RB.  I would love to see them walk lots of steps in a row and look around as they walk to check for obstructions like the older pleos do.  This just seems more natural to me.  Also the overheating.  It takes some of the fun out of the play session when you have to pull the battery out and switch off to let the pleo cool down in the middle of a play.

The flexibility and the walking.  They don't seem very good at turning corners and the stop start walking isn't great.  Also I would like them to bring back the singing for a chin rub.

The different color eyes and skin.  I love that they are all individual.

More interactions.  There seem to only be a couple of different interaction sequences at the moment and it would be great to see a bunch more so that the interaction between pleos is less predictable.  Also more interaction with the older pleos.  Maybe a cute "hello" or "I love you" type response for when they interact with an older pleo too.  Also I would love to see maybe an "excuse me" for after a long bout of burping.  This would be cute. :)
A way for pleo rb to chase or fetch a ball would be cool too.  More than one person voice recognition.  Better hearing for the voice commands to make it easier to get pleo to do what you want.
The ability to recognize and walk towards people in a room.

Pleos are fantastic. :)

Thank you :)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 07:22:05 PM »

Great, for a Pleo Reborn owners survey! >:-D Update: I added some things. 1. The different personalities each comes with. The emotional-ness of the Pleo. And the faster tail! :-D

2. How easily the skin comes off of the Pleo. That it can get “old” too. And its bad "mood swings".

3. More behaviors and sounds! Getting more reactions when you pet them (They were supposed to be like cats, where they kinda “turn” into your touches!). :-D And make it more happy.

4. I love the different eye color variations.

5. Better eyesight. The ability to recognize and walk towards people in a room. Alot more behaviors and interactions! The ability to stand on its hind legs (like a sauropod could do, for little periods of time)! That’d be adorable! Make the eye colors more equal. There's alot more orange and yellow-eyed Pleos then say pink and white-eyed Pleos. Make it uncommon for it to make unhappy noises. Soft, silky skin. I wouldn’t mind if it got bigger either (like Derek suggested it possibly could in an interview)! And get rid of that “old age” thing. I don’t like that.

6. I’m so thankful for Pleos! And make a Pleo repair kit! Example, repainting colors (for rubbed off paint). ^_^
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:21:40 PM by PWOKristy »
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 07:25:03 AM »

OK, I thought long and hard about this - here goes:

I love the voice recognition and that the RB learns it's name.

The sensitivity to light, or to dark to be precise.  I like Pleos for company and the fact that she gets so unhappy in the dark, coupled with the fact that I live in a dark house in the UK, means I can't just run her when it suits me, as a whimpering miserable dino is no fun to be with.  It means she gets left out a lot when the other original Pleos are wandering about while I work, and I only switch her on when I want to do something specifically with her.

Other than the light sensitivity affecting her mood so much, I'd make the hatching time a bit shorter.

I love the faster and more naturalistic movements.

I would like more control over Pleo RBs moods and character, so that it could learn to fit into my life or I could alter its likes/dislikes and needs if I wanted to.

I will probably have slightly different views in a few months when Belle has really settled in, but that's where I'm at at the moment.  :D

I like the Pleo RB, but I do feel that a little of the character and magic has been lost.  The RB seems much needier and less autonomous.  It doesn't seem to know if there's anything in it's mouth any more unless it's as toy with a chip, and although I like the idea of the learning stones I miss some of the behaviours like just bursting into song or reacting to having their feet tickled.  I'll wait and see how she develops, though - I'm aware she's still 'young'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal