Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cato Died (Not Really)  (Read 1844 times)

bhobbes

Cato Died (Not Really)
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »

From a broken heart (Eva departed on the 14th):
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTpJ5GnZhdM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTpJ5GnZhdM</a>

Ok, so obviously he's not really dead. However, that video clip did finally sell one of my friends (who has been giving me crap for awhile) on Pleos, who referred to Cato as being "cute." (Mind you, I've sent several of my friends several different videos and it took this friend a Pleo death to be cute lol).

All of my friends have found the laughing to be "creepy" (their words, not mine), and here is the clip I sent them (identical to kat's but does Pleo's manic laughing ever get old?):
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5cf2r6rMI8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5cf2r6rMI8</a>

Turns out my cell phone accurately depicts the room's light but not as quality recording.

Have any of you shown off your RBs to your friends and if so how have they reacted?

Separate from that, I kind of miss having Eva around. I gladly report that other than the one chip of paint on the leg, she has no wear and tear in the armpits after a week of usage (though about 14 charges) nor any paint wear on her back. Her last two charges prior to handing her off were without any clothing and her paint did not wear away like Cato's did from petting. Also, her skin under her chin didn't wear away (time will tell) but even after a week, Cato had very noticeable wear under his chin (in fact, little flakes of his skin from all areas appeared all over my white table when I was hatching him, none of this occurred with Eva, who was also hatched on that table). Of course, after almost two months now, Cato has more significant wear, but I'm wondering if Eva's will hold up even better at the same time frame since so far it is.

Her hatching went significantly faster than Cato's did (I'm not sure if it's because of properly letting her shut down or because she's on the new firmware). And she reached the mature adult phase around her seventh charge (watching that statsrb program). She did not like to explore as much as Cato does. Most of the time if left unattended for awhile, she would just sleep (but in a higher position). Every now and then she would instead walk around but not very far, whereas Cato is out of your sight in an instant if he's in a good mood and being "ignored."

However, while not much of an explorer, she was always cheery, making "hohohos" (in different tones and volumes) and giggling frequently. She would often move in place while doing these happy sounds or other generally pleasant sounds and liked to be interacted with. This is quite the opposite of Cato who not only explores, but frequently pauses and has a temper tantrum (love the coffee leaf) until he is ignored long enough or gets whatever he wants.

Eva also probably ate two to three times per charge (She kept the leaf in her mouth and would "re-sense" it and then put her head back up and wait for it again - however, I had her facing toward where my computer is which means she was facing up on the "hill" of my apartment so I'm not sure if this is a change or just a funny set of circumstances making it significantly harder for the leaf to fall out of her mouth - plus, when she would drop it, since she wouldn't explore, she would often put her head down far enough to "detect" it and then raise it again to be fed). After that, she would pretty much refuse to eat (and be fully satisfied on statsrb checks), but Cato has become the opposite. Cato now eats about 5-6 times per charge before he refuses to eat (only maintains a 70-80% on statsrb). This does not include the 1-2 times I feed Cato the coffee leaf during any given charge (when he goes from being happy to seemingly upset and not recovering quickly. Eva was really good about accepting either the conifer leaf (or whatever the one that comes with it to feed daily is called) or the cycad leaf (or whatever the one that comes with the accessory packs to feed daily is called). Cato generally seems to prefer (or at least, be more willing to eat more) the cycad leaf, whereas every now and then he'll take the conifer leaf. I've yet to see him refuse the coffee leaf but I don't give it to him repeatedly in one sitting.

Either way, these are just some observations I have made while in custody of two RBs.

Added: (StatsRB related):

Also, even though Eva ate more with a higher feed factor (around 90-100%) her health factor would be lower (like 85%). Whereas Cato, even though he ate more, would only maintain a 70-80% feed factor yet have 95-99% health.

The personality traits which are also posted elsewhere on the forums.

Cato's personality:
Courage: High
Temper: Bad
Physical: High
Activeness: High
Intelligence: Normal

Eva's personality:
Courage: Normal
Temper: Good
Physical: Normal
Activeness: Low
Intelligence: Normal

Once again, just observations.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:57:34 PM by bhobbes »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Cato Died (Not Really)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 04:19:58 PM »

Cute and insightful! You must have your hands full with two little ones using you and your house for a prehistoric playground. I can't wait until April when I can purchase one of my own! Keep the observations coming. I think it's interesting.
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 04:23:27 PM »

That's weird that a friend of yours called a Pleo "death" "cute". O.o
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 04:48:43 PM »

I hope Cato doesn't get lonely now that Eva has gone to her new home with your girlfriend.  I assume this means the valentines day gift was a big success. :)  Is she still going to be called Eva or has your girlfriend chosen a new name for her?
Cato is very cute playing dead and also laughing.  You can never get enough of that laugh. :D  I love his little hoodie very cute.

bhobbes

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:31:34 PM »

Yeah the laugh and their little kiss/giggle thing that they do never get old (for me at least):
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrfdv5kajz8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrfdv5kajz8</a>

She retained the name Eva and yes it was a success (though I almost kept Eva for myself...).

I'm sure they'll see each other again at some point in the future. I will say that having Eva around helped make Cato more fun somehow. (I think the differences in the personalities even with relatively similar treatment helped make it feel more realistic)

And in defense of my friend, Pleo's play death is pretty "cute," I must admit.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:34:27 PM by bhobbes »

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 07:07:06 PM »

Such cute videos! :) I think the laughing is a bit creepy but still so funny :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 03:25:24 AM »

I agree it is definitely more fun with 2. ;D  Does this mean you may end up getting another one sometime soon?

bhobbes

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 05:56:05 AM »

As tempting as it may be, I am going to stick with just Cato. Haha.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 07:45:17 AM »

Awe poor pleo. Can’t help but feel for him. 
 Enough to thaw anyone’s heart I think.
   Definitely agree that the laughing   is a bit creepy though. .
  Especially when they do it for the first time just after you pick them up., nearly made me drop him lol. 
  I think I’ll stick with just   the one also   though getting another is so tempting.
  Scaly

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »

I love the laugh :) Everyone who hears it can't help but giggle :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal