Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Ugobe Pleo & Direct TV remote.. (communicating?)  (Read 2480 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
My Ugobe Pleo & Direct TV remote.. (communicating?)
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »

We were talking about the infrared stuff this morning when we woke up and my bf wanted to try to something.. He grabbed the direct TV remote and kept blocking in front of Lyssa with it, while holding it backwards... then he held it the correct way, aimed at her' pressed a few random buttons and she made this really weird noise I've never heard before, she seems to only do it when the remote is 'communicating' lol  with her.   she says 'beep boop beep'  What the heck????

She was fine afterwords but I wouldn't try it without consulting a certified Archaeologist...

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
Re: My Ugobe Pleo & Direct TV remote.. (communicating?)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 05:33:36 PM »

Pleo (old models and RB) will respond to certain NEC format IR codes. They also use that for P2P communication between Pleos.
This is more useful for controlling your own custom program, but the default personalities do respond to some remote control codes.

Semi-Related thread http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=776.0 (for old model Pleos, something similar will work for RBs)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:39:49 PM by PleoPet »

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
Re: My Ugobe Pleo & Direct TV remote.. (communicating?)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 01:49:36 AM »

I think we need a vid
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal