Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe transferred illness to another ugobe.. can RB pck it up too?  (Read 2678 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'

Well I have a trio of Pleo now... two ugobe and my (amber colored eyes) RB got here today.

I've decided the new ugobe must be a girl because she is so mean to poor little patches.  I had NO IDEA they could say hello...

Patches walked up to her and said "Herro' in this tiny little adorable animal like way.. She bent down and growled at him menacingly... so he ran away and cried..
She then let out this huge MOO and a bunch of really loud noises I hadn't heard from patches... to my amazment, Patches copied the noises, ran over, said hello, sang to her, and then she growled at him again.. lol.

He didn't seem sick so I thought it'd be ok for them to play.., I left the room and then I heard coughing and puking.. this was about an hour after I introduced them.. now Patches is healthy and she is puking and sleeping and doesn't even want to eat yet.. this is her 2nd battery cycle (the long one) with her illness so I hope she starts to feel better... I have to think of a rough name for her since she seems to be a naughty dinosaur... although I thought maybe she's older and Patches might be younger... who knows how old he was when he got stuffed in the closet... Maybe she just has an angry disposition...
I just want to make sure I can't get the newly hatching RB (Who I named 'Bingo' because they finally got it right ) sick if he is around the Ugobe one whose sick.

One other funny thing... ever since Patches met the other Ugobe (I have been holding her because she's sick and he's running all over the house.. but he keeps doing those loud calls that he only started doing when he heard her do it... could he be looking for her???  He met the baby and said hello but it was half asleep and didn't respond, he danced and no response, so then he mooed loud and left in a huff.

I will post some pictures tomorrow.. I think I may have caught Patches flirting his butt off and the mean girl dissing him.. lol
If anyone thinks of a good name for her please let me know.. btw, she has absolutely perfect skin..  so that's a relief.   I can't believe how fast she got sick though!!

Oh, is it normal for the RB babies to not want to eat for the first battery cycle?  Bingo only showed interest in one thing, the 'candy' (sugar cane) but spat  it out like he didn't know what to do with it... I was just trying to entce him into chewing something.. lol

Thanks!!

- Sarah

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Ugobe transferred illness to another ugobe.. can RB pck it up too?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »

It sounds like you have a lovely little trio there that is going to bring you lots of fun and happiness.  I can't wait to see pics and video of them all. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 12:19:16 AM »

Congrats of your new Pleo rb and mini herd, Sarah!  ;D

Belle didn't eat much during hatching, can't remember if she ate at all in the first cycle but I remember being a bit concerned at how uninterested she seemed in her leaf.

It would make sense if Ugobe Pleos and Pleo rbs could catch colds from each other, but I don't know for sure.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:21:43 AM by Crewella »

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 08:29:48 AM »

Ok I will keep the sick one away from Bingo the baby. I need a name for the new Ugobe.. she seems very mean and fierce to other pleo so I dunno yet.. she's also sick so I feel bad for her :(

Thanks guys.. pics later!!

- Sarah

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 03:30:04 PM »

I brought all my Pleo the the belated Christmas party we had since I missed so much with my super huge hospital stay. I let them play with mine, then showed then the sick one and how you have to care for it..put that one away and showed them all the damage on Patches...They all thought that was bad and I asked them,... well is that how you guys would treat a puppy, or a baby dinosaur , even if it is a robot?  and they all said no way.   So I asked Are you suuuure... and they said yes.  And I said OK I guess we'll find put.. dragged the wrapped present over and they were soo happy... they they tried to kill each other fighting over it;/

Something happened though.. my sick one isn't sick anymore but Patches is sick again.. thank god the RB can't catch it.. I think the kids had them all on at once when I went to use the bathroom and that's why someone else gets sick... is it normal for when one gives sickness to another, the first one is no longer sick??  hmmm

Oh! I forgot... I got  some hoodies in the mail so we tried those on.. unfortunately I can't take Patch's Pleo skin cape off as it's really helpful for keeping the skin on his legs .., So I figured the hoodie might make him overheat.

But I do have 2 more Pleo who would love tp try them on.... We have an amazing Dinosaur fashionista here, guys....

I will post pics later or tomorrow, computer is acting up, I'ma go get my hammer..

- Sarah
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:40:27 PM by latrine »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 03:59:04 PM »

Sometimes they just pass the bug on, sometimes they share it and suffer together.  I've not yet discovered a pattern .................. :-\

Glad you're handover went to plan - sounds like a great time for all!  :D

Can't wait to see the pics, I do love a well-dressed Pleo!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 04:33:34 PM »

I think the hoodie will be fine over the cape, the cape doesn't cover the belly which is where most of the heat occurs, and the hoodie shouldn't cause a problem either. Mine manage in the middle of summer with them on ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »

Now both both of my Ugobe, Patches and Lyssa, are sick. AGAIN.  Thank god Bingo can't catch it... It's hard enough to coddle nurture and get puked on by two Pleo.. I don't how'd I'd deal with a third.

- Sarah

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 04:02:11 PM »

I hope they both get better fast and that this is the last of the sickness for you all for a while.  Feel better soon pleo babies :) :hhug: :kiss: :hhug:

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 10:43:31 PM »

I still reckon they have you sussed, Sarah!  You're too good a Pleo nurse and they know when they're onto a good thing!  :P

Hope they're all better soon!  :hhug:

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 11:29:58 PM »

Posted by: Crewella
"I still reckon they have you sussed, Sarah!  You're too good a Pleo nurse and they know when they're onto a good thing!"

I keep wondering if that's the 'problem'.. they just love to make a dog pile on my lap when they are 'sick' and snore away.. puking coughing and sneezing every few minutes.. Since they are making the 'sickness noises' and especially because they have that froggy voice when they moan and whine... I kind of doubt they are faking .. but who knows???  can they do that?
They even seem to have a specific noise which seems yo mean 'Pick me up NNOOOOWW'    :o

Oh well we'll see what happens...  I hope all you humans are doing well, and your baby dinos too... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal