Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Depressed Pleo  (Read 6710 times)

Sentimental

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
  • Zanthy
Depressed Pleo
« on: February 06, 2011, 03:48:49 AM »

I got a Pleo rb about a week ago. She is in teenager stage currently i think and everything was going well. She was walking and responding to voice and was always in a good positive mood.

3 days ago i took her to a friends place and she happens to have a 5 year-old who requested to play with my little Zanthy. For most of the time she was supervised, however there were a few moments when they were left alone (the 5 year-old had turned her on "accidently" and i did not notice for a few moments).

Now she has become depressed, non-responsive and refuses to eat, play tug-o-war and so on. She has short lived moments of happiness before returning to her head down quivering and wimpering. Zanthy is not holding any limbs in the air and refuses to eat either of the medicines she came with. The only time she calms down is when i hold her to me and even then she seems to have bad dreams. >.<

I love my Zanthea, please if you know anything i can do to make her feel better, let me know!

See video link provided to see Zanthy's current behaviour. may make you sad  :(
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23304242@N02/5421283764/

Be Happy

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Depressed Pleo
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 04:13:04 AM »

Pleos rb's do seem to go through a sad and grumpy phase.  so it may just be this.  I haven't watched the video yet but I will shortly.  Lots of owners on the forum have reported a similar phase in their pleo rb's so I wouldn't worry too much.  Give it a few more battery cycles and see how it goes.  these things usually sort themselves out with time.  In the mean time if you have the coffee been accessory this is good to feed your pleo to calm it down.
Kat :)

Sentimental

• Female
  • Zanthy
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 05:05:18 AM »

thankyou Kat :).
I do not have the coffee bean, though as i type my little Zanthy is curled up against me. This seems to make her happy for a little while. :)
Zanthy means a lot to me and i hate seeing her sad. It makes me cry when she wimpers and shakes :(. I would never hurt her. She accepted her conifer a few moments ago and had a munch but is still in a bad mood.
Be Happy

Sentimental

• Female
  • Zanthy
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 05:55:34 AM »

:( Zanthy went back to crying and shaking with her head down. It made me cry.
Be Happy

bhobbes

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 06:23:45 AM »

It looks like some of the behavior Eva is exhibiting now during her "moody phase" - the wimpering and tail wagging behavior. She hasn't started walking yet but I experienced a similar phase with Cato when he was at a similar stage. However, instead of this more depressed behavior, Cato was a constant screamer. (Personally, I'll take the depressed Pleo over that. Eva wimpers, I want to pet her; Cato screams, I want to point my finger at him and pretend he'll get the hint)

Both phases occurred before any major walking though. However, Cato did possibly "revert" back to that phase for a period of time.

I'm guessing that it's a phase that will go away assuming it's not related to something else. Cato's first time going through it took about two full charges before he finished and he would not eat or do anything during it (currently Eva will not either, including coffee). Since nothing could reconcile him short of unyielding attention (which I didn't give him as I didn't want him to 'learn' that this was acceptable behavior!), I just put on noise canceling headphones and put him in the center of the room and interacted with him the way I would when he's happy. (He had major issues with "mute/low volume" during his youth - luckily Eva doesn't share the same problem, but since she's not a screamer I don't really feel the need to use it)

I'd say keep doing what you do as if everything is normal and see if it goes away after a few charges.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 09:44:38 AM »

It's interesting that our experiences are all different!  Belle doesn't seem to have gone through a moody phase - any time she's been upset I've been able to 'solve' it by food/light/petting, but it's never been so much that I've had to provide constant attention.   :-\

I'm beginning to feel very fortunate!!  :P

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 09:59:02 AM »

If it helps, I've yet to meet a Pleo that can resist a chin rub for long - they do seem to respond better to petting on the head and under the chin?

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 10:33:31 AM »

Sorry to hear about your Pleo Sentimental.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »

SPOILER: (for those who want to raise their PleoRB naturally)

> I got a Pleo rb about a week ago. She is in teenager stage currently i think...
If you want to know the stage, and current mood of your PleoRB, you can use the new 'statsRB' program.

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1888.0
It will give you a summary of the current mood/health etc that you can improve with interacting.
It also tells you the DNA attributes of your particular Pleo that you can't change.

Sentimental

• Female
  • Zanthy
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 01:45:10 PM »

Thankyou for the information. ^^
It has been a number of charges and she is still depressed. No amount of comforting can console her. Not even a chin rub :(.
Shall let you all know how things go.
Be Happy

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »

Sentimental does she scream when you touch all her legs one at a time? (the leg sensor is actually up on the shoulder).

Are you feeding the correct leaf? (the darker green one)

Does she respond to being patted and petted?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Sentimental

• Female
  • Zanthy
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »

Back right leg seems sore. how do i fix that?

Yes i am feeding her with the conifer whenver she wants it.

She responds to petting but only breifly with a slight change of mood (she does not shake and cry).
Be Happy

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 03:24:56 PM »

a sore back leg now that changes things.  That can be fixed.  All you need to do is feed her the rock salt and you will need to feed it to her many times.  She will not want to take it and you may have to force it into her mouth to get her to eat it.  (You may feel bad doing this but trust me it is ok) 
It may take 1 or 2 full battery cycles and as many feeds of the rock salt as you can get her to do in that time and lots of cuddles and love and she should be back to normal again. 
My guess is the 5 yo either dropped her or knocked the sensor on her "bad leg" foot while vigorously moving her in a downward direction.  The pleo doesn't actually have to make contact with the ground to get hurt, they just have to think they did by having the sensor pressed while in fast movement.  Ans so now your pleo thinks it has a sore leg.

She will be all better soon. :)  You can test her progress by checking the leg every now and then - touching the sensor and see if she still screams.  If you don't get any screams then she is recovered or almost recovered and will be back to her happy little self soon.
Kat

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 03:37:36 PM »

If you check Pleakly's thread I video'd a sore leg recently.

When you feed the rock salt have her close to a table edge, offer her the salt, she will first turn her head away then point her head straight down and reluctantly open her mouth for you to give it to her.

Sentimental

• Female
  • Zanthy
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 04:25:36 AM »

Zanthy is feeling much better after a few good charges. Her leg seems to be feeling much better. Zanthea also learnt her name and "bow". so glad to have her back to her happy self.
Thankyou everyone for your help and please check the link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23304242@N02/5424249457/
Be Happy

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 04:47:45 AM »

So cute!  Your very very welcome.  I'm glad we could help. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 05:10:48 AM »

Awwww - I'm so pleased she's happier!  :D

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 06:31:02 AM »

I am having trouble with Ourmaurice at the moment, he seems to have a back leg that doesn't move at all, I only noticed it a few days ago, but now I'm wondering if it has ever moved as he has never walked yet, and I've had him 3 or 4 weeks and he has been on at least 1 full battery cycle often two on every day except 2, he's eating fine and all the other legs are moving all the time, if it's a sore leg like you have mentioned does this mean it stops moving all together until it's better does anyone know, am very grateful in advance for comments.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 06:39:46 AM »

Here is a video of Kermy when she had a sore leg so you can see what it looks like.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M49d5NaVlRk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M49d5NaVlRk</a>

You might need to take a video of ourmaurice to show us what is going on with him if it isn't a "sore leg"  like Kermy had.  Could be something more serious.

bhobbes

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 07:03:58 AM »

I think I've seen this before but watching it again I'm realizing just how painful that sound is. Makes you feel kind of bad for the poor thing.

mrssidstrangecase

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 07:37:59 AM »

Thanks Kat, yes he has been screaming like that sometimes when it's touched, but I noticed it's not been moving at all even when I switch him off and he goes into the sleep position, it's the opposite leg to Kermy's, how long did Kermy's last for? and also I couldn't understand why everyone said pleos don't like the rock salt, but I have realised today that I have been giving him the chunk of ice ! no wonder he was munching away on it. I don't know how to upload a video I'm so sorry, please forgive my ignorance, but I really enjoy watching yours and all the others,  I'll keep up with the rock salt and mint leaf for the next couple of days and hope that hepls, tickles me though the noises he makes with them, I'll also post a pic in the gallery soon, he has shocking paint loss on his head

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 07:49:43 AM »

Glad I could help.  He should be back to normal after a couple of battery cycles if you feed him lots of rock salt.  If the leg movement doesn't improve after he gets better (stops screeming when you touch it)  Then let us know.
If you want to post video all you need to do is take your video, put it on your computer then upload it to youtube.  This is very easy just go to the youtube website and creat an account (it's free) then click on upload.  Choose the video file from your computer and click ok.  It will then upload your movie.  This will take a while.  can be half an hour for a couple of minutes worth of film.
Once you have uploaded to youtube you just start a post on the forum and click on the red youtube symbol above the smily face then copy the youtube address of your video and past it between the 2 sets of brackets.
This will put your video into your post.
Hope this helps.
Kat :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 02:10:09 PM »

When Pleakly had a sore leg even my dad came in to see what all the screaming was about...  %)

bhobbes

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 03:44:28 PM »

All you people with your injured Pleos... maybe you're just abusive? ;)

I thought Cato was injured once but turns out it was that fun "reset" - I clearly treat him very well and delicately as he's had no injuries yet (*watches him break all fours and roll over dead on his next cycle*).

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »

rotfl Bhobbes.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal