Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Got new blue RB.. no spot for clock battery; Skipped infant stage?  (Read 11732 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'

All four feet kinda, press down, I guess she he can sense he's walking... is it under that? because skin is glued all around..

I wanna play with him :(   thanks!!

I was trying to figure it out and we found this picture.. well none of his feet look like that on the bottom, they all look the same... and none of them look like this picture here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CR2032_battery

- Sarah
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:24:53 PM by latrine »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Got new blue RB.. no spot in foot for clock battery????
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »

The clock battery goes into the pleos back right foot.  There should be a third screw in the top of this foot pad which you undo and this releases the cover for the battery slot.  Here are some photos of Kermy3's two back feet and also the back right foot so you can see what you are looking for.
If yours doesn't look like this then post pics for us to see and maybe someone will be able to help.  Have you tried just putting in the normal battery and turning him on to see what happens?
Kat

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »

Ok.. we put the battery in.. and, uhm.. he turned on and is now walking around the house.. apparently having skipped the newborn stage.. he has no clock in him, his feet all look like the bottom of the regular pleo foot..

all of his feet look like the normal ones and have 2 screws.. the battery was also really hard to get in.. we are concerned we got an older model painted blue??

I think we are going to end up resetting and see what happens? he is walking around with his leaf in his mouth.. and he reacts well to patting.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:12:30 AM by latrine »

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 07:41:01 PM »

I tried hitting the supposed 'reset' button and he laid down like 5 minutes later.. then got up.. started screaming like needed surgical intervention and ran away from me. Now he keeps making hungry noises but wont eat..lol..  this is so unfair.. and I still can't believe I got  the Hong Kong one BEFORE the one that was to be sent from the same state as we live in.

Has anyone ever had had a pleo that skipped the 8infant stage and ran without a clock battery??

:/

- Sarah

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Got new blue RB.. no spot i for clock battery; Skipped infant stage?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »

This sounds very weird.  Please post some photos of his feet and of the whole body.  Someone might be able to tell from looking at him if he is not the real deal.  Did he come with all the rb accessories, ID card, training leaf, rock salt, food leaf and tug of war stone? 
IMR's Pleakly came already hatched when she got him so it has happened before. 
The reset button wont take him back to hatching stage it just resets his computer system to the last time it saved.  So the last time he was switched off as they save their progress when they switch off.
My pleos only have 2 screws on each foot except for the back right foot that has 3 screws -  the extra one is for the clock battery cover.

I would love to see photos.  what color eyes does he have?  So far all the blue pleos have had amber eyes.
Kat

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
Re: Got new blue RB.. no spot i for clock battery; Skipped infant stage?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 08:09:07 PM »

He has amber/yellow eyes.. what I don't get is how the heck he is running with no clock battery... as soon as I can get the camera up I'll post some.    He came with all accessories..accept the 'cape' which seems to be the norm..

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Got new blue RB.. no spot for clock battery; Skipped infant stage?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 09:28:47 PM »

My guess is that who ever hatched him also installed the clock battery.  Weird that you can't find the spot where it is suppose to go though.
Have you tried to teach him his name yet?   That might give you an idea of how far along in his development he is.
Hop[e your having fun with him anyway and aren't too disappointed he is already hatched.
Kat

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 10:03:01 PM »

Yup Pleakly came hatched too :( It is very likely there is already a clock battery installed if he is running and not just standing there beeping.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »

Well I just wonder where the heck the battery was actually placed..The bottom of all four feet are exactly the same , two screws .. nothig to open.
And while I do like him and he already knows his name is Frank, I'm rather annoyed at having paid 500 bucks for something who doesn't work right.. I can't even get the battery in, my bf has to do it.. It doesn't seem to fit proper?  I'll post pics of that too, tomorrow. 
I am thinking it's going to be very likely he'll need to go back.. I'd never even be able to change the clock battery.. I already love him though.. My bf thinks I'm insane cause Frank looked cold and I covered him:)  Well, thanks for the info`.. when the older version Pleo gets here we'll have something to compare it too.

- Sarah

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 12:18:07 AM »

Sarah, could you please post some pictures, even if they are mobile phone pictures. One of the feet and one of the body, side on.

Also where did you purchase the Pleo from?

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 12:24:56 AM »

I thin she purchased him from gimmedigi. 
Definitely need to see photos.  The foot thing is an interesting puzzle.  What do the older version pleos feet look like?

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 04:12:50 AM »

I really don't understand!  ??? If the Pleo has yellow eyes, then surely it must be an RB, so how come there is no hatck for clock battery...  Really do need to see photos of the feet!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 04:22:05 AM »

Hi Andrew :)

Kat the old pleo's feet look like the RB's feet, except the one with the clock battery is obviously like the other foot instead.

I am wondering if this could be a demo Pleo or something but pictures are needed.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 06:01:34 AM »

Andrew??  Who is Andrew?  I see no Andrew here.... :P

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 06:44:50 AM »

I was also thinking it may have been used as a demo model.  It still doesn't explain the feet though.  Does your pleo have a serial number sticker on one of his front feet? 
I think this mystery will only be solved with some photos.   :)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 06:50:30 AM »

I think gimmiedigi have opened up several of their stock pleos to take photos of for marketing etc. as several gimmidigi members have found their Pleos already having been "born".

It might be also that if they are receiving returns, they might just be shipping the returns out to new people?  This might explain some skin issues too?

Just some thoughts

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 07:30:41 AM »

Wow degers! That is sad if that is what they are doing! I bought my pink rb from gimmiedigi and it was not hatched.  Everything seems fine with it so far.  The only trouble I had was the watch battery had to be replaced because it wasn't working properly.  I think that has been a problem with many though if I am not mistaken.  In a way, I wish mine would have come hatched.....with 2 little kids, it is hard to go through all those battery cycles, but I have enjoyed her none the less.  :)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 09:17:32 AM »

Wel we got the old ugobe one now and we can see that the bellies are exactly the same.. the battery they came with ugobe slides right into 'frank the so called RB.. Where before it was very hard to get the rb battery that came with him to go in.. I only hope we didnt damage him last night because if he is an ugobe pleo then that battery has too strong of a wattage.
Under the rubber belly skin I feel all the parts I can see on the ugobe one... so it really seems to me that I paid 500 bucns for them to reskin an older version.  Not that I wouldn't want another pleo, just, when I spend 500 bucks I expect to get what I bought.

And no, there is no sticker on 'RB's foot but there s one on the other pleos foot and all 8 feet look the same. 
I'm trying to pop the pictures up but this is my bf's computer and I don't have my photoshop :P

Someone said pleakly came hatched as well.. I sure hope they didn't trick his owner the same way.. not sure what I should do now.:(

Sorry about not answering stuff last night.. i'm still sick and exhausted..had to go to bed..

I can't get this crap resized I will try something else and post pics as soon as I figure out where to out them.. i hate using someone else's computer..

- Sarah

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 09:24:04 AM »

Ok.

1. The old ugobe battery will fit in the RB, this is normal.

2. Please just upload some pictures to our gallery system, click here to do so: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=mgallery;area=mya;sa=add

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 09:44:33 AM »

Sarah it appears that you have been given a prototype Pleo rb.  I'm going to get in touch with Innvo for you about this and I'll get back to you.  There is no microSD slot or clock battery slot.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:55:10 AM by degers »

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 10:10:46 AM »

Thanks so much to Degers..
I wonder what happens now :(

You know.. I didn't think much of it yesterday because I figured they must test theses things AND I'm excited... but the bottom of his feet  were dirty when he came out of the box.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:16:26 AM by latrine »

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 10:25:10 AM »

Well of course it is the weekend, so don't expect any news until next week.  Personally I wouldn't order anything off gimmiedigi, so many people have had strange experiences and pre-hatched pleos from them.  It's all a bit wierd.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 10:46:45 AM »

Yeah I will never purchase anything from them again.. This was a really crummy thing to do.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 11:04:52 AM »

Just one more request, can you take a picture looking directly down inside the battery compartment?  Many Thanks

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 12:06:20 PM »

Just for the record.  Belle came from Gimmedigi, and although she was not hatched I did get the feeling everything in the box had been opened, and the battery arrived fully charged.  Also, the code in the back of the instruction booklet had obviously been peeled away from another page and stuck in, and when I tried to log into the Pleo Profile page on the Hong Kong Pleoworld site it would not accept the code.

To be fair, when I contacted them about it they responded quickly, and they got it sorted in just over a week, over the Christmas period.

EDIT:  The serial numbers all matched so I just gave them the code I had and they made it work.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:52:31 PM by Crewella »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal