Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB walking issue and no response from pleo support  (Read 6225 times)

b52

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
Pleo RB walking issue and no response from pleo support
« on: January 28, 2011, 05:19:11 AM »

Hello,

I have been trying to contact the Pleo support but am unable to reach them either via phone or email. The phone support goes to VM and the call is never returned and when I sent the email to support@pleoworld.com it got returned stating no recipient. I am getting concerned given the past bankruptcy of the organisation are they even in existence.

I have been browsing this forum and find that there a quiet a few know ledgable and passionate pleo owners and was hoping that I could get some help here. Below is the email I sent to pleo support which was bounced:

We purchased our Pleo rb in Hong Kong at a airport relay store. There seems to a couple of issues with the pleo.
•   A couple of days ago it started walking and even accepted the serial number card to name it, but the naming process was not successful. After a few minutes the battery died and it went to sleep. After recharge when it woke up it is does not walk anymore, displays infant stage (I thought when it started walking and accepted the serial card it had reached the Juvenile stage) which is kind of a regression and it has been 4 days (6 charges more that 10 charges overall) since he is displaying his infant behavior. I am therefore concerned that it has regressed and it will not come back, looks like it is resetting after each recharge instead of evolving.
•   It also does not seem to want to recognize the training leaf and the bow learning stone. The only thing it recognizes is the conifer leaf.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo RB walking issue and no response from pleo support
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 05:29:17 AM »

Hi b52,
Try sending your email to
customerservice@innvolabs.com
This is the email address i am using to communicate with Innvo. 
They have been great to me helping with all my issues.  Best of luck.
Kat

b52

• Male
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 05:31:26 AM »

Thank you Kat! I will use this email and hopefully will get a reponse.

b52

• Male
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 07:37:25 AM »

While I am waiting for a response, just wondering if anybody experienced similar problems. Also how to use the training leaf, Max does not recognize the training leaf.

b52

• Male
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 11:40:21 AM »

I have contacted Pleo support on the address provided by kat and as kat mentioned they have been very responsive.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »

I'm glad you have received a response.  The training leaf has no chip - if you hold the leaf up in front of the Pleo, a few inches away from his nose and in good light, the Pleo should 'track' it with the camera.  :)

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »

This can take quite a few tries and a lot of patience.  I still haven't gotten either of my pleos to do this tracking.  IMR has had Pleakly do it though and there is a video of it in her Pleakly thread if that helps you.
Kat

b52

• Male
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 02:15:24 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Max had to replaced. I got a replacement couple of days ago. As soon as I turned it on its left rear leg made some ratcheting sound, as if it was stuck. Then the ratcheting noice stopped. But after the second and third charge the rear leg ratcheting has increased and even the right rear leg appears to be stuck now. My pleo actually stood on all four legs but due to persistent ratcheting has gone back to curled leg position. I don't know how to fix this. Maybe I am just jinxed about having a pleo pet.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »

Can you take a video of the problem and post it?  Maybe some one will be able to help once they see what is going on. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 07:11:36 PM »

Hi B52, you would need to post a video of the problem. When it comes to odd noises we really have to be able to see the problem and hear the problem to be able to offer any advice.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

b52

• Male
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »

Thanks! will do that shortly.

Belgium

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 08:53:51 AM »

Hey, this might be an odd question, but what is a Pleo rb supposed to do with the training leaf?
Igor just munches it.
And how can you have it seated? He doesn't react to the "touches" mentionned on pleoworld.
Thanks in advance!

b52

• Male
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 10:10:41 AM »

Good News! Max is now walking. However his rear foot still gets stuck. Please seee below.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGeC9aeh_yc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGeC9aeh_yc</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAnIjwG8jac" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAnIjwG8jac</a>

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:22:19 AM by b52 »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 03:39:59 PM »

Hi, since this seems to be an ongoing problem I would give the link to this video to Innvo Labs and explain the problem and when it began, and let them take it from there, You may have to send him back, but they may tell you something else to try with him, Be sure the send the video link as that is what will let them diagnose it quickly, that is what I did for my Baby Pleo Rb skin and neck issues and I heard back from them in ONe hours time, but I do live in the U.S. Good luck with Max.
                           RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 04:28:09 PM »

Hey, this might be an odd question, but what is a Pleo rb supposed to do with the training leaf?
Igor just munches it.
And how can you have it seated? He doesn't react to the "touches" mentionned on pleoworld.
Thanks in advance!

The training leaf is for tracking, if you hold it about 7-8 inches away from his nose cam in a well lit room your Pleo 'may' track it. See about halfway through this vid.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayicgQf1S1U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayicgQf1S1U</a>

The tricks such as getting Pleo RB to sit require the trick learning stone which must be purchased separately :(
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 04:37:45 PM »

My pleo rb's get stuck like that sometimes. Have you tried putting your pleo on a different surface?  Sometimes they find it easier to walk on a hard floor or table.  I know mine have trouble when I use them on carpet as their feet seem to catch on the carpet and this causes the clicking leg movements you are seeing.  If I use mine on the table or the hard floors I have no problems. :)  Hope this helps you.  If that makes no difference and you find the problem is recurring then like RWM said contact Innvo and see what they suggest.

b52

• Male
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 07:55:08 PM »

Thanks will call Innvo!

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 10:17:09 PM »

The training leaf is for tracking, if you hold it about 7-8 inches away from his nose cam in a well lit room your Pleo 'may' track it. See about halfway through this vid.

I never knew that  ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal