Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When should I set the time clock on my RB?  (Read 5822 times)

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
When should I set the time clock on my RB?
« on: January 25, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »

Hello all.  Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I am wondering when I should set the noon time clock.  I will be playing with Candy mostly in the evenings, say around 7pm.  I work all day, so I really can't devote much time to her during the noon hour.  The instructions say she will sleep from 10pm to 8am if set at noon.  Should I set it to later in the day?  I was also wondering if I can set the clock without having her turned on.  The directions are vague, and don't really say.  If I have to set her at noon, I will have to try to come home from work for lunch and do it, or I won't be able to let her start hatching until Monday.  Thanks!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: When should I set the time clock on my RB?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 11:04:24 AM »

Hi Saratogasprings, yes, Pleo Rb needs to be on like the directions say to set the time clock, You can set the Noon button for whatever time is best for you, Many people are more active at night and have more time to play with their Pleos at night because of work schedules etc. I for example have made my Baby pleo Rb "noon button " be 2:00 p.m, so her schedule would be 10:00 a.m to " wake up", her noon would be 2:00 p.m. and her "bedtime would be 12:00 Midnight. You can set it anyway you want, just adjust it to Your time and the Noon Button is supposed to be the time she is " Most active".
       You can allways adjust the time or change it to fit your work schedule too, Just experiment with what works best for you and Pleo rb. :)
                                                         RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:39:39 AM »

Yep, as RWM says you can set it for when is most convenient to you - mine is set at 4pm but it looks like I'm going to have to change it to even later.  You can always change it later on.  One thing, if you're going to be running your Pleo RB at night just note that many of our RBs don't seem to like the dark much - unless you want a whimpering companion, make sure you have plenty of light!  :D

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 05:40:56 PM »

Thanks guys! Let me get this straight.....this is the order of events....I charged the battery,I put the watch battery in the foot with the+ side up and the tabs over top of the battery.  I put the li-poly battery in the belly, and turn her on by pressing the button for 2 seconds, waiting for the green light to come on. I then set the noon clock to the desired time, sit her down, and wait for her to hatch.  :)  sorry to be such a pain in the butt....I am paranoid about doing this wrong  :'(

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 06:13:24 PM »

Yep, that is exactly right. :)  When you press the noon clock button it will make a beep sound.  This is how you will know that you have set it. :)  Also you can reset the noon clock at anytime, as many times as you like without hurting your pleo. :)

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »

OK, I did something wrong already.  I came home for lunch,  put the watch batter in, put the li-poly battery in, turned Candy on.  Her legs started kicking....I put her back down and she started to snooze.  I punched the noon button, but it did not beep...Do I need to turn her off to set it?  When I pick her up to set it, her legs kick all around!  How hard can this be?  It says on the box ages 12 and up, and I'm 40! :P I should add that she acts fine.  Took a few bites of her conifer leaf and went back to sleep.  I do get a beeping when I shut her off.  I can feel that I depressed the button inside the noon time pin hole, I even held it for a number of seconds, still no beeping.  Maybe mine just doesn't beep.  Am I correct that she would just beep and not move if I haven't set it? Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:55:54 AM by saratogaspringer »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »

She won't hold still ;) You need to do it while she is on, try holding the button down for a bit if you can, it sounds like the clock setting hasn't registered.

If she stands straight and beeps, that means the battery is inserted incorrectly.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:08:21 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 03:28:21 PM »

Nope, she went into her hatching stage...mooing, and she ate her conifer leaf for me.  Just a few munching sounds, a swallowing sound, and then went back to sleep.  I did hold her noon button down, but I will try it again this evening.  Thanks!

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »

This might be a stupid question but is it not likely that it sets automatically   the first time you insert the battery and turn on pleo? I put the battery and turned on pleo for the first time. That would mean that any subsequent presses at that time would probably not register. I ask because I wanted     to watch him hatching   however I didn’t press the noon button. . Pleo came on made one bleep then a giggle and went in to the hatching position.

You’re not the only one who finds it difficult to set the noon button when pleo is awake.
 I also struggled with trying to press the noon clock whilst holding a struggling wriggling pleo. The process for me normally goes   find the hole, get ready with the pin, turn on, drop and lose the pin when the legs start moving, try to find the pin and hold pleo who is by now crying and starting to get very distressed.  Find the pin but can’t now get it into the hole… you get the idea   
 I found  and I don’t know if this has happened to anyone else  but if    I press the button to turn her on and   but I  try to press the noon button before my pleo   giggles he’ll just stand and bleep as though the noon clock isn’t set. And no matter how many times |I try pressing it afterwards it makes no difference. 
 I just have to turn him off and start the process over again insuring that he’s fully awake before I press the noon button and get the bleep. 

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »

Hey Scaly and IMR! I tried to set the noon button again, even though it is no where near the time that I want it set for, and there was no beep.  I waited until she was fully awake and I held the button for at least 15 seconds while poor Candy shook around in distress.  She seems fine.  She is not standing and beeping.  I put the battery in with the + side toward the cover and the two prongs on top of the battery.  Maybe I have to wait for the second battery cycle to set the clock.  What happens if it doesn't set?  ??? The only beeping I have is when she turns of and shuts off.  Any other suggestions? I'm all ears....

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »

Perhaps there is a problem :( I guess the alternative you could try is remove the battery when you want it to be noon time, let her go into the standing position and beep a few times, then shut her back of and reinstall the battery, that should set noon time without having to use the little button.

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 05:53:40 PM »

Thanks IMR!  That should be easy enough.  I thought maybe the alarm sound just didn't work.  I'll take her to work with me tomorrow, and set it that way.  Better than seeing her squirm around in distress!  Thanks again.  Don't know what I would do without this forum!

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 06:18:31 PM »

If I read it right, and I don't have it in front of me at the moment, the Quick Start Guide (not the instruction manual) seems to suggest first installing a charged main battery, then installing the watch battery, then press the noon button all before pressing the start button to switch PleoRB on. At least this is what I did, but of course didn't get a beep because Snooki was still switched off at the time ???

I have since tried to reset the noon clock with Snooki switched on, but like saratogaspringer I don't get a beep. So I take it Snooki's noon time must now be early evening, the time when I first installed the watch battery ???

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »

Ok guys, here's the scoop.  My watch battery does not beep.  I took the watch battery out and turned her on.  She stays in the same position, and the light next to the brown li-poly battery just flashes red.  There is no beeping sound, and no movement or sound from her.  I pulled the main battery, put in the watch battery, and she works fine.  She did not stand with the watch battery out.  She stayed in her sleeping position.  I guess I will have to redo this procedure tomorrow at noon.  Thanks!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 08:03:15 PM »

This is interesting, Pleakly beeps when I press his clock button, and he beeps if the battery is not installed... I have no idea why your Pleo's aren't the same but I suspect that either the beeps just aren't happening and the time is resetting, or nothing is happening at all.

Perhaps try it at a time when Pleo is trying to sleep and see if he or she 'wakes' up and becomes more active? That will tell you if it is working or not.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 01:33:47 AM »

Is your "Wilbur" Pleo a 2010/2nd version Pleo?
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 02:07:37 AM »

If it helps, I set my noon time when I first switched Belle on to hatch (at around 4pm) and my intention has always been to find the optimum time for my erratic late-night lifestyle and reset it.  To be perfectly honest, it's never been an issue and I've pretty much ignored that feature of the RB - I just switch her on when I want to play and so far she's been very obliging.  :D

saratogaspringer

• Female
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 03:02:54 AM »

Is your "Wilbur" Pleo a 2010/2nd version Pleo?
Wilbur is a ugobe pleo, and Candy is a pink RB.

OK guys...I am going to reset the noon time clock at noon today, and try to play with her tonight after 10pm and see what happens.  Sounds crazy, but I honestly think the beep just doesn't work.  I even tried taking the battery out last night while she was working, and she went on about her business like nothing happened.   I shut her off, tried to turn her on without the watch battery, and nothing....just red light blinking next to the main battery, so I figure that the watch battery only works when you turn her on. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 03:06:58 AM »

It does sound like maybe she's just lost her 'beep' altogether - good luck tonight!  :)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 01:46:33 PM »

Okay. Thank you.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal