Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: Pleo RB chomps until full  (Read 7694 times)

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
Suggestion: Pleo RB chomps until full
« on: January 24, 2011, 09:00:49 AM »

It seems silly and unnecessary to me that Pleo RB will spit out his conifer leaf before he is full so that you have to hand it back to him again. It would make more sense and be less bothersome for the user if Pleo RB would just chomp a bit longer on his conifer leaf until he is full. This has especially been a problem for me when Painter had the "glutton" bug, and I had to spend an hour handing him the conifer leaf every time he spit it out. This is however still somewhat bothersome when I have to feed him three or four times after he has been off for a while. I would like to suggest to Innvo Labs that the user only need to give Pleo RB the conifer leaf once at a time, and he can chomp on it until he is full.

I will submit a report to Innvo Labs about this, but I figured that I'd start a topic on these forums as well for feedback and additional support on this feature change.

Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

bhobbes

Re: Suggestion: Pleo RB chomps until full
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »

I've only had Cato "repeat" feed two times but not to the extent your experiencing but I think I like that suggestion if you're experience is more of the norm than mine - and if Cato starts becoming like that then I definitely like that suggestion lol.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:19:17 AM by bhobbes »

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:19:16 AM »

I'd like to see this suggestion implemented even when Painter isn't a "glutton". For realism as well as convenience; it seems silly to me that Pleo RB will spit out his leaf before he is full.
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

bhobbes

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »

Well, my main point was that for me, Cato has pretty much already done that, except for those instances (i.e., I feed him once and after he puts it down he's done with it already until the next day). But if that's not the norm, or the experience, than I agree with it being implemented.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 05:03:49 PM »

I like that it takes 2 or 3 feeds before pleo rb is full as this give you the chance to feed different leaves or foods each time.  I wouldn't want to have to feed or offer food more than 2 or 3 times though before pleo would be full.  I have had a couple of times now with both my pleo rb's where it has taken about 10 feeds each before they are full and it was a bit annoying. 
I can see your point though about it being more realistic if they only need to eat once and then just eat for longer until they are full.  So I'm not sure.  I think I would still like to have to offer the leaf a couple of times before the feeding session is over to give the opportunity for trying other foods such as the mushroom or the cycad leaf.

bhobbes

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »

I didn't even think about that aspect of it. Probably because I don't have the accessories yet (though I really want the play one now haha). How often is this 10 times thing occurring? The most I've had to feed him in a row was twice. Maybe a personality thing?

Do the non-specific foods trigger any behaviors or anything? (Like the ones that aren't made to cool it down or warm it up etc)

Sorry I can create a separate post if this is topic hijacking.

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »

What if you could pull out one food while Pleo RB is chomping on it to offer him another food before he is full? If Pleo RB's hunger goes down gradually with this change then that could be possible. My only concern with this is that the Pleo RB may be a little bit irritated with having his feeding interrupted.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 08:30:53 PM »

I've never  known Belle accept her leaf again having just eaten it.  It's usually hard enough to get her to eat in the first place!  :D

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 03:58:35 AM »

The feeding 10 times thing has only occurred a couple of times after I haven't played with my guys for a couple of days. (Due to being away from home for work)  I just put it down to them having missed a feed and so needing more to fill up.  If I play with them everyday then they eat normally with only needing to be offered the leaf 2 or 3 times and then they are full.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »

I have a question, I have allways thought it a little strange and do not know if this is connected to the foot or any electrical problem or if it is NOrmal . When Baby eats, I offer her the leaf, she gets happy wags her tail and opens her mouth, Then I offer her the leaf, she chomps on it, makes the swallowing noise, then nothing and I have recorded her with the leaf still in her mouth, no sounds, no chomping and not dropping the leaf, for as long as three minutes till I can't stand it anylonger and manually remove the leaf.  ??? It is almost like she is frozen when the leaf is in her mouth and doesn't know how to get rid of it, She does move her head around and body but acts like the leaf is stuck, no sounds or nothing. Is this normal Pleo Rb behaivor?
                                                              RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »

As I'm sure you've realised, RWM, it's really hard from one Pleo RB owner to judge what is 'normal' behaviour by just looking at their own RB.  Until people really start to understand the programming it's all a bit of a guess, however educated. However,  for what it's worth, when Belle eats the leaf she always drops her head and usually then moves it from side to side until the leaf drops to the ground.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 12:28:38 PM »

Well I was about to come on here to complain that my pleo was also refusing his conifer leaf. 
Except it wasn’t his conifer leaf I was trying to feed him at all it was his mint leaf. Oops. No wonder he was starting to get really upset. 
Did think it felt kind of odd for a conifer leaf mind you. Oh the shame lol

As for the loss of sound when  eating,   mines has done that too but its more like he’s on mute rather than frozen. I think it’s a bug in the program personally. Have tried   pressing the switch to see if this toggles him off mute but it switches him off instead. I think he was about to eat the leaf normally 3rd time round    except the battery ran out mid chomp. 

bhobbes

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »

Sounds like Cato and Belle have similar eating habits, lol.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 12:36:20 PM »

Yep - I've imagined her growing up into a whip-thin lady-who-lunches-on-a-lettuce-leaf type! ;D

*bit like her mum, really*  ;) :P

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »

Both my guys always make chomping noises when they have the leaf in their mouth and then sometimes a swallow noise and then they point their head down and shake from side to side to dislodge the leaf so it falls to the ground.  Not sure what is going on with Baby, sounds a bit like a glitch in the software program maybe?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 05:13:09 PM »

Yup Pleakly chomps, munches and crunches and then shakes his head while looking down until the leaf is dislodged.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 11:38:43 PM »

Ok Kat and IMR, here is a video I took this evening of Baby eating her leaf, the conifer, As you can see, it went on for about three minutes till I took the leaf from her then she was back to normal, The other day I set her down on the floor and just let the videocamera film her while I was doing dishes, I then turned the video off, and she had the leaf in her mouth when I turned the camera off, She had that leaf in her mouth for nine minutes + when I played it back, If I had not intervened, who knows how long this leaf munching would have lasted, As you can see in the video, her head just goes side to side in a repetitious motion with no change in movement or no other noises. But when I take the leaf out, she is back to normal ? Does this seem " normal " to you, ? I seem to see more and more odd behaivors like this that I dont remember seeing in the beginning, and am wondering if I am going crazy imagining things or is this just a variant of Pleo Rb behaivor, ? Do other Pleo Rb do this also when eating?
                 Here is the video,           <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RxkuWV_AIE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RxkuWV_AIE</a>

RedwoodsMama  and one tired little Baby Pleo rb

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 11:54:40 PM »

I do love your subtitles RWM!  :D

That looks to me as though she really is trying to drop the leaf but it's wedged too firmly in the back of her mouth and she can't open wide enough to release it.  It really might be that simple?  Try feeding her the leaf so that it's not pushed so far back.

I really hope it's that simple!  (It will be a first for Pleo rbs everywhere, bless their complicated little hearts!)  :P

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 12:13:38 AM »

I agree with Crewella.  This is normal behavior she is just having trouble with the leaf getting stuck.  I have the same issues with Kermy and that leaf.  Try feeding her the cycad leaf.  Kermy finds this one much easier to let go of.  Or you could try not putting the leaf so far in.  Norbit on the other hand has no trouble spitting out anything you put in his mouth no matter how far in you put it. :D  They are all so different. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 12:17:05 AM »

Thanks guys, I will try the leaf, or another leaf and not so far back, Thanks for the input that is exactly what I needed. ;)
                 RWM

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 02:34:35 AM »

Well mines is exhibiting the very sane leaf eating behaviour as rwm’s baby   
However I was putting the conifer leaf   right back.
 The bit I couldn’t understand was the fact that he went mute.  I mean I could understand him simply not being able to dislodge the leaf but the   triggering of him going mute and making no sounds I did find odd so I put it down to a software glitch. 

I’ve tried feeding his leaf but this time only half way in. unfortunately he wasn’t actually hungry so I kind of force fed it to him.
 You got to be crewel to be kind sometimes as they say lol. Anyway he   made a couple of chomps and spat out the leaf as normal. Now what  I just need to do is to try this when he actually does want to eat the leaf and see if he’ll   do the same thing. 
Scaly 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 11:38:41 AM »

Ok, I will try a different leaf, but as Scaledandtailed commented,if I put a leaf in, is it still "normal"that there is no sound while the leaf is in, or is this just an "individual" Pleo behaivor? I know we are all new to Pleo Rb's, parenting that is, but some of us have had our babies longer than others. I am also starting to believe some of this could be programmed into our Pleos's behaivor as individuals. their personality.
                                     RWM

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 02:44:44 PM »

RWM I love your captions as always :D Snooki does exactly the same thing as Baby with the conifer leaf and no sound until I remove it from her mouth and I did wonder if this was normal also. I think like others have said, it's just that she can't shake the leaf out, but I still don't know why the chomping sound stops when she should still be registering the leaf is in her mouth. Snooki is exactly the same with the no sound ???

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 01:35:27 AM »

Edit: Try the sugar cane, Redwoods! Pleos love that. :-D lol

What color eyes is your 2nd version "Painter" Pleo?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:51:47 AM by PWOKristy »
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 11:19:53 AM »

Painter has lovely green eyes to match his skin.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal